Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:24 AM

Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos (20892 Views)

Two Men With Human Parts In Ogun Arrested (Photos) / Ritualists With Human Parts At Iyana-Ilogbo Ogun State Caught Today (Photos) / Ogun Police Bust Ritualist Den , Find Remains Of 20 - Year Old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by EMMASON125: 7:13am On Jul 12, 2014

• 3 herbalists, 2 nurses trade blames in custody

Operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), at the Lagos state police command, Ikeja has arrested an Islamic cleric, Alfa Rilawan Saula accused of specializing in buying dead bodies especially that of  new born for onward sale to his clients. Also in police custody are two nurses Bolaji Fagbemi and Lasisi Olayinka who were alleged to be supplying newborns or unclaimed corpses from their hospital to Saula for a fee.

Bubble busted when the Commissioner of Police, Umaru Manko got information that Saula who has been on the wanted list of the police had resurfaced and still in the same business of selling human parts. He drafted the officer in charge of the SARS, SP Abba Kyari who lured Saula out of his hiding place at Agege.

In the course of investigation, Saula led the police to arrest two other herbalists who claim that they relied on his ability to provide dry human skulls for them. They are Alhaji Surajudeen Faronbi and Taofeek Abidakun who allegedly confessed that they only demand for dried up human skulls which they grind and mix with herbs to cure different ailments.

Still wondering how he fell into the police trap, Saula told Saturday Sun that he delved into the business six years ago when it appeared that there was much demand for human skull. “I am a trained herbalist and I sell roots. Along the line people started demanding for special medicine to cure very difficult ailments and to do that I needed a skull and human parts. Those days, we normally visit burial grounds every Friday to exhume fresh bodies and look for skulls that are dried up.

“To cure stroke, you need to grind the skull and mix them with herbs. This has cured several of my customers. I had to stop the business when the police invaded our shops and arrested us. I was lucky that there was no incriminating thing in the office, so they had no choice but to release me.  Although I had stopped, people who knew that I was doing that business kept demanding for human skull. Most especially, they kept requesting for fresh baby skull. The demand was becoming much, so I started sourcing for baby skull in hospitals especially maternities. I knew quite well that most of the new born babies that die are thrown away or burnt.  I contacted some nurses especially those working in trado-medical clinics. It was then that I met Bolaji who promised  to contact me anytime they have a still birth and she kept to her word”, he explained.

On his arrest, Saula stated that he never knew that the man who offered him N100, 000 for a skull was a policeman. “Bolaji called me that a baby died in the hospital that she was on her way to bring it to me. I quickly called the highest bidder but I never knew he is a police officer. The truth is that we only make use of dead human skulls. The potency of herbs are stronger when you mix it with a human skull.”

One of the nurses and the brain behind the sale of dead children, Bolaji said that she knew Saula many years ago as a herbalist. “He was the one who introduced me to Alahji Hassan Sikiru, the owner of a Ikeoluwa trado medical clinic located at no 31 Kayode Olaniyan street, AIT road, Ayetobi Alagbado, Lagos. I was employed as a nurse and I promised to assist him to get dead bodies especially that of babies whenever it is available.

“On June 16, 2014  one of our pregnant patients delivered an abnormal baby girl and within 24 hours, the baby died. The family begged the doctor to assist them to bury the child.  I was asked to go along with Lasisi, but on our way, I was able to convince her to return back that I can handle the burial. Immediately, I rushed to Saula house and delivered the corpse of the baby. We agreed that as soon as the buyers collect the corpse, that I will receive my payment. I was still in the hospital when the policemen came and arrested me,” Bolaji stated.

Begging for forgiveness, Bolaji said that she decided to supply dead new born babies to Saula since the parents do not have need of their corpses. “Most families will always ask us to help them bury or throw away the dead child. This baby girl was born deformed, and within 24 hours she died. We contacted her husband and he told us to go ahead and bury the child. The baby was confirmed dead and the parents gave their consent that she should be buried or thrown into the dustbin. I am sorry that instead of throwing her away, I decided to sell her to the herbal doctor, Saula.”

Weeping and begging that she should not be included in the matter, Lasisi said that she never knew that Bolaji had plans to sell the dead child. “She convinced me to go back when I started complaining that the distance was much. I have been a trado-medical nurse in that clinic for the past six years. At the age of 39, I still have hope that God will send my husband to me. Please do not publish my picture so that men will not run away from me,” She pleaded.

The others, Alhaji Faronbi and Abidakun who are herbal doctors claim that they bought human skulls from Saula many years ago. They also revealed that they’re used to prepare herbal medicine for certain illnesses that are stubborn. “If you have stroke, epilepsy, advanced case of fibroid and so many others, you will need to mix the grinded human skull to the portion to be potent. Sometimes it also takes the water gotten from the grinded skull of a new born baby to get a woman pregnant,” Alhaji Faronbi explained.

“We do not steal them, if you visit the public cemetery; there are so many old human skeletons that were exhumed to give way for the burial of others. We felt that was where, Saula normally gets his supply from,” Abidakun further explained.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=71701

3 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by EMMASON125: 7:23am On Jul 12, 2014
Saula told Saturday Sun that he delved into the business six years ago when it appeared that there was much demand for human skull.

1 Like

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by EMMASON125: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Waiting for madamoringo and her co-travelers to comment

14 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2014
Hmmm still the same people!

17 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Ohjerry: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2014
God save us.
Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Yeske2(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2014
Again?
Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2014
In independent Western Nigeria, human parts marchandizing will be a legitimate business, Nigeria is illegal occupation, that is why they disturbing a business that have sustained our ancestors over the years

H.E. President Ade Musiwa.
President of Western Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Decibel: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2014
Ndiofe committing atrocity since 942BClipsrsealed

23 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2014
All these body-parts you guys are sharing, there is God oh sad

3 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by EMERITUS85(m): 10:16am On Jul 12, 2014
were is madam ashawo (oringo)

10 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2014
Not again..some folks behave as if they won't die again.

2 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by yemmight(m): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2014
Se these people no dey tire ni?
Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2014
Kill 'em all.
Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2014
They look like dead corps walking to me! This is wickedness, poverty and savagery in the highest order. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by corisande: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2014
embarassed
Yuck!
All this concoction they sell as herbs and medicine,this one says na dried human skull. we no know the other human parts other herbalists dey use. maybe fresh or dried intestine
chai!
Akpata oyi awuom na ahu

7 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by BlackPeni5: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2014
Yoruba people are mostly traditionalists therefore human part rituals is a part of their daily life. Even Christians and Muslims over there combine Juju.

Ibo people are criminals. They are ready to do absolutely anything to make money...

Hausa people are Lazy...they are prepared to die to ensure that they continue to feed off the sweat of others.

South South people are stupid

Nigeria is useless indeed

22 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Smartsyn(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Lagos again
Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by Sanchez01: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Alfas and Alhajis... I guess it says it all.

3 Likes

Re: Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos by KOBOJO: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Yeye people....
Omoale jati jatis...
Oloriburukus..
killer ngbatis..
wasted south wasterners....
Phoooooliissh people...

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Vandalized A Transformer In Ebonyi Caught (Photos) / Herbalist Arrested For Killing Hotelier Jimoh Bello Because Of N250k (Photos) / Woman Brutalizes 4-year-old Nephew For Bed-wetting (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.