Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

What's Your View On Zoning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your View On Zoning (385 Views)

Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning / Apc Leaders Fail To Agree On Zoning- John Alechenu And Tunde Odesola / 2011: Nicholo Machiavelli And Robert Greene Speaks On Zoning . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your View On Zoning by cidieschat(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2014
Please my dear NL, I've always heard people, especially in Rivers State clamour for their turn to be Governor. Mostly the Ogonis, they solemly feel its their turn, do others sit and watch ur region win? Please I want to know, if zoning should be, then why do we vote? Should I vote a corrupt man because it is the time to zone? Election or Selection?
Re: What's Your View On Zoning by nedu2000(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2014
I'm pro-zoning.
Let's say it as it is,Nigerians can't look beyond ethnic,religious,tribal sentiments at the moment due to various factors,so a zoning formula should be followed.
However,unlike the mode used by the PDP in phasing out the north during the 2010 presidental primaries,the best way to end zoning should be simply by good governance.That's the only way the citizenry can gradually look beyond bigotry & thus the death of zoning.As for now,zoning should stay!
Re: What's Your View On Zoning by cidieschat(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2014
Thanks, but I'll like to know, since every1 is eligible to vote, and be voted for, wills zoning make me vote for who I don't like? And aslo, is it constitutional?
Re: What's Your View On Zoning by nedu2000(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
cidieschat: Thanks, but I'll like to know, since every1 is eligible to vote, and be voted for, wills zoning make me vote for who I don't like? And aslo, is it constitutional?
the constitution didn't mention that parties shouldn't zone!besides quota system is another version of zoning and its constitutional,no one will make u vote for who u don't like an example is the falae/obasanjo(both yorubas) candidature in 1999.In the case of the rivers state election no ikwerre man will be nominated in any of parties so u'll 'ave the choice of kalabari,ogoni,etche,ahoada candidates

(1) (Reply)

2015 Will Be Better Than 2011 Elections – Jega / Religious Bodies/leaders Involvment In Politics: How Much Is Too Much? / APC Calls For International Inquiry To Unravel Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.