Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

A NURSE Version Of The Hippocratic Oath........nightingale Pledge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A NURSE Version Of The Hippocratic Oath........nightingale Pledge (972 Views)

Section 181 Of Nigeria Constitution: Death Of Governor Before Oath Of Office / APC To Sue Fani-kayode Over Tinubu/Osinbajo Oath-Taking Claim / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A NURSE Version Of The Hippocratic Oath........nightingale Pledge by DebateNigeria: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
I am sure most people don't even know that nurses also take oath. Take a closer look at it and make out your own conclusions.

I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.
Source: American Nurses Association
The 2 most important points in the pledge are:
1. I will not take or knowingly ADMINISTER any harmful drug ( they were careful enough not to use the work "PRESCRIBE"wink
2. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: How Senator Ndume Funds Boko Haram, Buys 400 Golf Cars / 100% Real And Legit Way To Make Upto 100k To 150k Monthly Online / Omisore Will Save Osun State-jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.