Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? (19147 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / Hilarious Restaurant Name! / Restaurant named Don't Mind Your Wife & Her Bad Cooking. Lol (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2014
Kslib: When those who are yet to get theirs keep staring at me just to see how the food enters my mouth!!

#WTF##

One day! One day!! I go use spoon aim person head!! Nonsense!
Some will even ask you, Is it sweet? And when you give them that WTF look - they be like , 'I wanto buy too, that's why am asking'. My worst experience @ a restaurant was when this 'ABAtic' couple were eating @ d next table then kept the water for washing dia hand on my own table...and when i complained, the wife just shouted in 1 kind English 'who are you?' 'who do you think ure?'...I just tire, didn't even have energy to speak English da day- she was very lucky. I love eating with plenty meat, bc once meat finish, am done grin ...so nothing pain me pass when the person dey tell me how many meat (less than what i want) im fit release to me.

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Cecediva(f): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2014
LAGATA: It's rly so annoying and disgusting when someone enters the restaurant, pass by ur table, look into ur plate (like he wants to pick ur meat), sits some tables away from urs then calls onto the waiter, and he's like 'abeg serve me exactly that kin food' (referring to my food)

undecided embarassed shocked so annoying aswear
cheesy cheesy cheesy...una don kill me for dis thread
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Cecediva(f): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2014
winzy: Cuming into an eatery and finding someone that you are owing... cry
Funny u grin grin grin U go hide under the table nah
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by collynezo(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2014
A customer orders eba/fufu or the like and his preferred soup, finds his way to my table.. Attempts to clean his hands by pouring water while washing his hands into a bowl/basin so lackadaisically that some splash of water finds its way to my food. So disgusting..
Makes me want to loose appetite and puke.
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by chelseabmw(m): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2014
cdamsel: really? I never knew Behind boy like you dey go buka oooo tongue

i just dey joke oh... na for nollyhood i for dey see am ...lol

talk ur own too nah.... grin
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by kannymoore(m): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Two things irk me the most...

Being kept in limbo by waiters and waitresses who take tabs from customers who arrived after myself.

And

LOUD MUSIC!!! It drives me nuts! Can't someone have a meal in peace and relative tranquil?

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Deelola(f): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2014
If the waiter is looking untidy
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2014
WHAT'S RESTAURANT??
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by ceejay80s(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
Wetin dey pain me pass be , if u siddon near yoruba man for canteen, u dey eat and he also dey eat, he go dey look ur food .
This thing don happen to me several times and i stop eating in canteen.
The man sidon near , as my mouth dey dance, i noticed person eye inside my food, i moved my fond away and his eyes followed my plate and i got angry angry and said "oga any problem ?"
yoruba's are fond of it, if i lie ,make u try go canteen 2morow and observe

3 Likes

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Okaka27(m): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Ha'an wat else again??

Na wen d ration no plenty naa! angry
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by kadree(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Dat moment U̶̲̥̅̊ step in n flies are d one to say"weycome sir" n U̶̲̥̅̊ instinctively chase dem away by waving ur hand(always d left hand) across ur face n respond "no b una own bring me hia,stomach infrastructure must b settled first"
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by kolamilan(m): 10:57am On Jul 18, 2014
Odunharry: Odunharry carry NickiRoman go restaurant..

Odunharry:waiter..gve me fried rice with chicken and chilled pure water..

NickiRoman:waiter..gve me fried rice mixed with jollof rice,put moi moi,salad,fish,turkey,spaghetti,egg and gve me 1five alive.

NickiRoman eats 2spoon and says she s ok..
*odunharry cme dy vex,*

Odunharry:waiter help me pack dat food 4 nylon.

THE NXT DAY..
NickiRoman: Baby i really like that restaurant,their food is nice

Odunharry: The one make u chop remain ystaday dy 4 fridge..go warm am mke u chop am

whch person money she want waste?
lolz gringrin
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by kolamilan(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2014
collynezo: A customer orders eba/fufu or the like and his preferred soup, finds his way to my table.. Attempts to clean his hands by pouring water while washing his hands into a bowl/basin so lackadaisically that some splash of water finds its way to my food. So disgusting..
Makes me want to loose appetite and puke.
*dead* *wakes up* *read the reply again*.. *finally dies*! gringrin
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by ignis: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2014
I rarely go to a retaurant......
It annoys me when a lady frequents a restaurant to the extent it becomes a daily affair. I get more annoyed when she complains about the taste or quality of the food.
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by willorie(f): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2014
Triczchic: When i order for food with goat meat and i get served bones instead..

that's the worst of it all......I f**ken hate it mehn!
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by chuckdee4(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2014
Another thing that grinds my wheels is when they present you with a receipt that has an optional service charge.
Service charge ba wo! angry. I will leave a tip if I feel the services was up to scratch, no try use English thief my money.

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by PrincessB1(f): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2014
When
one ordered for a plate of beans and rice and half of the beans is filled
with grubs/weevils sad Yuck i feel like vomiting if i mistakingly
masticate any onesad;( and when you inform them they will tell you that
it is good and even more proteinous undecided Nonesense, why dont you remove
the grubs/the flying weevils from the beans to eat before cooking it if
it was that proteinoussad.....So annoyingundecided
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by snadguy007(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2014
i find it annoying wen i order for food in a local joint and i went to wash my hand only for me to come back and see that the almajiris have taken over my food thinking that the owner has left
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by eduxerxes: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2014
Nothing, I REPEAT! Nothing disgusts me more than those big headed flies at Mama Ekoo's...chei!!!
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2014
winzy: Cuming into an eatery and finding someone that you are owing... cry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWWM. Laugh wan wound me. grin
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2014
parrotibaba: when u order for a food by 8pm n u get to eat it by [b]11mp,[/b]dats stressful n disgusting(i.e after u don shout tire 4 d waiter head) ...when u r being told "oga no change ooh ,mk I go find change" or "oga u fit cm tomorrow cm collect d change?" ....when sm1 else's cold food is given to u cos' d guy left or when d waiter is coming with d food u ordered only 4 him/her to give it to d guy next to u n seeing d look on ur face,starts apologizing "bros no vex ooh eh,ur food de come"
U mean 11 MEGA PIXEL?
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by nickz(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2014
when i order and some fuqin woman asks me "na food you come chop abi meat"
wtf how is is your fuqin buisness
na your teeth i wan use chew am??
and some girls that try to avoid the spoon/fork from touching their lipstick
sometimes i feel like giving them hot slaps
the way they stick out their useless tongue and the sound the cutlery makes on contact with their teeth...

last but not the least "NEVER SERVE ME WITH STAINLESS PLATE" part of the money i pay is supposed to go into the washing of "used/dirty" ceramic plates (reason i love fast foods)

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by zschesh: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2014
1. queuing for food (not a concentration camp)
2. Noisy eaters
3. People starting at me while I eat
4. “I don't have change“ from pay desk
5. Door man asking for a tip
6. serving girl carrying on as if it's a favor she is doing instead of her job
7. Insects_ rodents, flies, roach

To get rid of most of the crap above, eat at a 5 star restaurant.

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by NickiRoman: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Odunharry: Odunharry carry NickiRoman go restaurant..

Odunharry:waiter..gve me fried rice with chicken and chilled bottle water..

NickiRoman:waiter..gve me fried rice mixed with jollof rice,put moi moi,salad,fish,turkey,spaghetti,egg and gve me 1five alive.

NickiRoman eats 2spoon and says she s ok..
*odunharry cme dy vex,*

Odunharry:waiter help me pack dat food 4 nylon.

THE NXT DAY..
NickiRoman: Baby i really like that restaurant,their food is nice

Odunharry: The one make u chop remain ystaday dy 4 fridge..go warm am mke u chop am

whch person money she want waste?
...Dem send you?..Why you dey call my name anyhow..>:-( undecided grin

1 Like

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by TrYcIa1(f): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2014
Some of dis waiters faces could be soooo annoying most tyms....Esp wen they are forming wat I dnt know sef
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by iyobs7(f): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
When someone clears his or her throat when I am eating in a restaurant... angry angry angry
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by ewizard1: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
For me... When they sell that N20 piece of meat for N50!?!

2 Likes

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by poiZon: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Kslib: When those who are yet to get theirs keep staring at me just to see how the food enters my mouth!!

#WTF##

no be me u go kill wif laff.

sha i hate it when d waitress is very biuteaful cos i might end up not askng for my change. hate tasteless soup without swag but in d signpost d soup in d pix can mek u shuan ur mamas food.

2 Likes

Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Lakayanah: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Seeing a big Margot in my amala in a place as big as federal palace hotel.
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by Melancholy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2014

#WTF##

It's called Groaking.
Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by leisuretym: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
As someone in the business

1. a very hungry man came in to the restaurant and he was immediately handed the menu, but the waitress disappeared into the kitchen after waiting for over 5mins the man was angry, he shouted, where is your manager? Your waitress gave me this menu to study abi na wetin? Una wan set exam for me ni or what??
Is this an interview??

And when the oshofree try to impress her boyfriend! Very funny how ladies behave
2. A lady was given washing hand water and she requested for more water in the washing hand bowl, she said" add more water , enough to rinse my hand, I don't care if its for sale,

So the waitress decided to fill the bowl well, and the lady still exclaimed!! Una wan swim? Why this plenty water just for washing hand?

A lady was served jollof rice and after eating the food, she sent the waiter to the cook, she said, tell your cook and I say thank you for the white rice and stew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do I Purge After Eating Nkwobi Or Goat Head? / How To Make Fish Stew / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.