Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat (127021 Views)

Construction Of Six Unit Of 2 Bedroom Flat At Lekki Ajah Lagos State. / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Slaw12: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2015
brabus:

Here's a breakdown of cost:
Substructure/Foundation - N250,000
Superstructure/Block Work - N450,000
Roofing Sheet/Woodwork - N400,000
M&E including Electrical Wiring - N160,000
Plastering - N150,000
Ceiling - N80,000
Toilets/Bath fittings - N40,000
Wall/Floor Tiles - N160,000
Window/Burglar Proof - N145,000
Doors - N140,000
At much later time on my thread, I'll show you what I'm building presently. I doubt I'll even reach the two million mark and the house is a three bedroom bungalow with two toilets/bath. Though labour is FOC as per Oga concern but it's a well managed project.
Anyway, anything is possible for those that believe! You'll agree with me that N600k can give you a single bed house so N2m is a good budget if well managed for a two bed house.
brabus:

Plastering - N150,000
Ceiling - N80,000
Doors - N140,000
At much later time on my thread, I'll show you what I'm building presently. I doubt I'll even reach the two million mark and the house is a three bedroom bungalow with two toilets/bath. Though labour is FOC as per Oga concern but it's a well managed project.
Anyway, anything is possible for those that believe! You'll agree with me that N600k can give you a single bed house so N2m is a good budget if well managed for a two bed house.

Oga Brabus u said 2m can build 3bedroom bungalow and u gave me a quote of 11.5m for 4 bedroom bugalow...hmm who is deceiving who here?

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Slaw12:

Oga Brabus u said 2m can build 3bedroom bungalow and u gave me a quote of 11.5m for 4 bedroom bugalow...hmm who is deceiving who here?

As a builder, I can tell you that cost of building varies from region to region. It depends on many factors which include foundation type (strip, pad, raft, pile etc), prices of materials and labour, house design, type of roof, and internal finishings in general. You can build a flat with 10m in Lagos and same flat with 8million in Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Slaw12:

Oga slaw12, Na question you ask! Here's the answer and the cost shaving tips:

1. The project is personal project. There's no need for extra cost or fee of supervision or project management fee.
2. All labour charges for the project is Free of Charge (FOC). Boys must contribute to Oga's project and there's plenty of Eba to eat after each day's work.
3. Material prices (sharp sand - 4500, gravel - 12k, plaster - 4500, block - 90ngn, iron rods are offcuts bought from iron rod manufacturing company in Ogijo, Ogun state, roofing wood (fadala), 0.35mm gauge roofing Aluminium sheet and so many cost shaving methods were adopted.
4. No German Floor but block holes were filled with pure water satchet and blinded with cement and sand.
5. Using 6 inches block means less cement and sand usage.
6. Precast lintels instead of the traditional lintel construction
7. Sliding window without net. Net installed separately.
8. Used 12mm iron rods for the burglar proof window.
9. Panel doors from Ijebu Ode with frames
10. Tiles in the living room and normal Screeded floor in other rooms.
11. Buried 2000 liters GP tank for the septic tank and installed one well ring for the soakaway. All this less than 45k
12. Asbestos ceiling in all room except living room. Ceiling noggin at 2 x 4 on the exteriors and 4 x 4 in the interiors.
13. Used block construction for the kitchen cabinet with only the front covered up.
14. Used soil excavated from the septic tank and soakaway for Sandfilling the building.
15. And so many other cost saving methods were explored.

Oga slaw12, anything is possible if you really want to achieve it. No deception. If you go the same route, you'll see that you can drive down your cost by 40-45%

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by semitunde: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
brabus:

1. The project is personal project. There's no need for extra cost or fee of supervision or project management fee.
2. All labour charges for the project is Free of Charge (FOC). Boys must contribute to Oga's project and there's plenty of Eba to eat after each day's work.
3. Material prices (sharp sand - 4500, gravel - 12k, plaster - 4500, block - 90ngn, iron rods are offcuts bought from iron rod manufacturing company in Ogijo, Ogun state, roofing wood (fadala), 0.35mm gauge roofing Aluminium sheet and so many cost shaving methods were adopted.
4. No German Floor but block holes were filled with pure water satchet and blinded with cement and sand.
11. Buried 2000 liters GP tank for the septic tank and installed one well ring for the soakaway. All this less than 45k
12. Asbestos ceiling in all room except living room. Ceiling noggin at 2 x 4 on the exteriors and 4 x 4 in the interiors.
13. Used block construction for the kitchen cabinet with only the front covered up.
14. Used soil excavated from the septic tank and soakaway for Sandfilling the building.

Oga slaw12, anything is possible if you really want to achieve it. No deception. If you go the same route, you'll see that you can drive down your cost by 40-45%

I have my reservations about No.4 but No.11 is a really good idea.

A few questions if you please:

How much of a difference in terms of cost and time can you get with burying the 2000L tank and doing your normal septic tank construction?

How do you handle passive pressures acting on the tank especially in a poorly consolidated soil?

How did you connect you septic tank to your soak away? Considering you need at least 100mm pipe between the two?

And finally, did you cover the top of the septic tank/ soak away? How?

Thanks. This is giving me all sorts of radical ideas.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
@semitunde, item 4 is poor man's method of prevent efflorescence and rising damp in areas which are not really prone to high water table. It works like magic!

Concerning questions raised about the septic tank, here's my answer.

1. It's not just a regular type of tank. HDPE Type. If you visit chemical industry like me, you can always get one to buy at good price.
2. The difference in cost is incomparable. The whole setup including excavation won't cost more than 80k with the plastic tank been the most expensive component of the setup. The cheapest and smallest septic tank will gulp nothing less than 150k.
3. Passive pressure concern. Hmm! Our location for the setup is carefully considered as it is non-load bearing construction. We placed the tank in soil with a bearing capacity greater than 100 kPa. Those who live in glass house don't throw stones. The area chosen for the setup is restricted to vehicular movement.
4. All outlets, inlets and the vent are prepared and sealed with silicone before burying the tank.
5. The tank is placed on a well compacted gravel and sand bed and the sorrounding backfill materials is equally washed gravel and sand free from organic materials and items that can puncture the tank.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by snakebeat: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
brabus:

No 4 though... cheesy
I guess it's only applicable for hollow blocks?
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by toju1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
pls how much can someone use in building a 4 bedroom
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
brabus:

Plastering - N150,000
Ceiling - N80,000
Doors - N140,000

Would you be able to send me BOQ for 2x 2bed bungalow on a plot - if possible?
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Would you be able to send me BOQ for 2x 2bed bungalow on a plot - if possible?

I'll need your building plan if you already have one to provide you an estimate. We also need to discuss the must-have and nice-to-have features of the project.

@segzy14, can you help with this? You seem to be familiar with Abuja terrain.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
brabus:

I'll need your building plan if you already have one to provide you an estimate. We also need to discuss the must-have and nice-to-have features of the project.

Thanks for your quick response.. I am a newbie at this really. I don't have a building plan/drawing yet. I know this should be the first stage, however reading your posts, I know you'll be able to provide me the best advice on way forward. All I know for now is that the plot is 60x100 and is located in Kuje, Abuja.

I'd rather develop the plot for commercial purposes hence the requirement for 2x 2 bed bungalow. If you have a better advice for me, please share. My email address is "ajayi.femi@gmail.com" if it makes it easier to communicate that way.

Cheers
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
brabus:

@segzy14, can you help with this? You seem to be familiar with Abuja terrain.

Hi Brabus, what info do you need and which part of abuja?
I will provide them.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Thanks for your quick response.. I am a newbie at this really. I don't have a building plan/drawing yet. I know this should be the first stage, however reading your posts, I know you'll be able to provide me the best advice on way forward. All I know for now is that the plot is 60x100 and is located in Kuje, Abuja.

I'd rather develop the plot for commercial purposes hence the requirement for 2x 2 bed bungalow. If you have a better advice for me, please share. My email address is "ajayi.femi@gmail.com" if it makes it easier to communicate that way.

Cheers

which part of kuje?
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

Hi Brabus, what info do you need and which part of abuja?
I will provide them.

Pls help provide an estimate for a 2 unit of 2 bed in Kuje, Abuja for Sir knightfemi. He's looking at developing it for commercial purpose. Pls also do a comparative cost analysis on developing 3 units of 2 bed vs 2 units of 2 bed on 60 x 100ft plot. I believe the former will yield higher ROI than the latter. The client has already provided his email address, so you can forward your proposal to him and share with the house the designs.

____
Oga knightfemi, let's wait for segzy14's response. He's very much familiar with the terrain and he can better advise you than me. I'll be sharing my inputs once he gives us his professional advice.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
brabus:

Pls help provide an estimate for a 2 unit of 2 bed in Kuje, Abuja for Sir knightfemi. He's looking at developing it for commercial purpose. Pls also do a comparative cost analysis on developing 3 units of 2 bed vs 2 units of 2 bed on 60 x 100ft plot. I believe the former will yield higher ROI than the latter. The client has already provided his email address, so you can forward your proposal to him and share with the house the designs.

____
Oga knightfemi, let's wait for segzy14's response. He's very much familiar with the terrain and he can better advise you than me. I'll be sharing my inputs once he gives us his professional advice.

I will prefer the client doing 1unit of 2 bedroom and 1 unit of 3bedroom or 2units of 2 bedroom or better still 3-4units of one bedroom cos it will take time to get someone to rent a 3 bedroom.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

I will prefer the client doing 1unit of 2 bedroom and 1 unit of 3bedroom or 2units of 2 bedroom or better still 3-4units of one bedroom cos it will take time to get someone to rent a 3 bedroom.

Ok, I think 4 or more units of 1 bed is cool. Oga knightfemi, what's your take on this?

Segzy14, how many units of 1 bed apartment can conveniently fit into the 60 x 100ft plot after considering all the necessary setbacks and parking space.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
brabus:

Ok, I think 4 or more units of 1 bed is cool. Oga knightfemi, what's your take on this?
Segzy14, how many units of 1 bed apartment can conveniently fit into the 60 x 100ft plot after considering all the necessary setbacks and parking space.

Brabus and Segzy14, thanks a lot for your prompt response. This is looking more interesting, good ideas put in my head. Let's do it this way, you lots send me detailed specifics (especially financials wink ) on what it would take to set up both 3 & 4 units of 1 bedroom apartments. Then we move from here.

I am looking to start this project within the next month.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Brabus and Segzy14, thanks a lot for your prompt response. This is looking more interesting, good ideas put in my head. Let's do it this way, you lots send me detailed specifics (especially financials wink ) on what it would take to set up both 3 & 4 units of 1 bedroom apartments. Then we move from here.

I am looking to start this project within the next month.

3units of one bed is fine for the plot size.
Estimated cost is 4.5million naira only for commercial purpose only.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

3units of one bed is fine for the plot size.
Estimated cost is 4.5million naira only for commercial purpose only.

Thanks. Do you mind sending me full detailed specifics (sample plan, cost breakdown etc.). Also your contact details so we can take this further. My email address is ajayi.femi@gmail.com

Cheers
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Thanks. Do you mind sending me full detailed specifics (sample plan, cost breakdown etc.). Also your contact details so we can take this further. My email address is ajayi.femi@gmail.com

Cheers

I am currently not in abuja and might not be available for the project this year but if you care ,I can link you to colleague of mine(engr.femi)in abuja who also has this info and would give you what you want cos we worked together on such project about 20units ,few years ago.
Which part of kuje is the plot?

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Cheers

You can also check my thread for any additional information.

https://www.nairaland.com/1579196/one-bedroom-terrace-bungalow-source
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

I am currently not in abuja and might not be available for the project this year but if you care ,I can link you to colleague of mine(engr.femi)in abuja who also has this info and would give you what you want cos we worked together on such project about 20units ,few years ago.
Which part of kuje is the plot?

Sure, please link us. Share my details with him.

I don't know Kuje very well but my offer letter says "Sauka Village Ext, Kuje"
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

You can also check my thread for any additional information.

https://www.nairaland.com/1579196/one-bedroom-terrace-bungalow-source

Lovely! The one bedroom terrace seems appealing. You may want to discuss that with Engr.Femi to propose to me when sending specifics to me.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Sure, please link us. Share my details with him.

I don't know Kuje very well but my offer letter says "Sauka Village Ext, Kuje"

I know sauka, I had my secondary education at government secondary school kuje,abuja(our motto: nothing ventured,nothing gained)
So I know kuje wella.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

I know sauka, I had my secondary education at government secondary school kuje,abuja(our motto: nothing ventured,nothing gained)
So I know kuje wella.

There you go! A true breed of the town. I shall hold you close for advice then wink
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

Brabus and Segzy14, thanks a lot for your prompt response. This is looking more interesting, good ideas put in my head...

I'm glad to be of assistance.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

There you go! A true breed of the town. I shall hold you close for advice then wink

I will send you an email now.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
knightfemi:

I am not from kuje o,I am from Ogun state.
I sent u a mail,pls reply.
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by knightfemi: 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
segzy14:

I am not from kuje o,I am from Ogun state.
I sent u a mail,pls reply.

Ah! I see

Already replied. Cheers
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by Austinekg: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
Dear Bradus,
I intend constructing a storey building which will comprise of 4 blocks of Mini Flat- A Room and Parlor (Toilet and Bathroom built together) down and 3 blocks of 2 bedroom flat upstairs. I intend to start and finish the 4 blocks of mini flat at once then start and conclude the 3 blocks of 2 bedroom flat in later time.

This project is in Benin City on a good level ground. I will really appreciate if you can give me a good and best economical estimate of what it will cost me to complete the entire project and what it will cost me to finish the ground floor(4 Blocks of Mini-Flat) only.

Thanks.

I can be reached through my email : adroitidea@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by DoubleRoyal: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dear All,
Dear Hajj M,
Dear Brabus,

Happy weekend to you all. I also wish everyone a happy Valentine day in advance!

I am back to ask for your help and advice on "SOAK-AWAY"

The bricklayer for the construction of the soak-away for my 2 bedroom house told me that I needed two: one for the toilet, and the second for the bathroom. As at today, after a week since he collected money and almost finish his work, he came up with another demand for digging another soak-away for the (waste) water from the kitchen. I demanded for explanation but could only apologized for not telling me from the beginning. I am really confused as at this stage. Could anyone kindly explain to me what is the right thing to do and if it is advisable to dig another separate soak-away for the (used) water from the kitchen. OR was it a ploy to charge me extra money for doing the same job?
Many thanks in advance for your advice!
DR
Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by mufutau55(m): 3:29am On Feb 13, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Dear All,
Dear Hajj M,
Dear Brabus,

Happy weekend to you all. I also wish everyone a happy Valentine day in advance!

I am back to ask for your help and advice on "SOAK-AWAY"

The bricklayer for the construction of the soak-away for my 2 bedroom house told me that I needed two: one for the toilet, and the second for the bathroom. As at today, after a week since he collected money and almost finish his work, he came up with another demand for digging another soak-away for the (waste) water from the kitchen. I demanded for explanation but could only apologized for not telling me from the beginning. I am really confused as at this stage. Could anyone kindly explain to me what is the right thing to do and if it is advisable to dig another separate soak-away for the (used) water from the kitchen. OR was it a ploy to charge me extra money for doing the same job?
Many thanks in advance for your advice!
DR

It should only be two... One big one for the S-H-I-T.
And the second one for Water waste/Kitchen water etc...
I don't know what name (BAD) to give your Bricklayer o...
Don't let him turn you into a "Lollipop". The man go suck you finish o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat by brabus(m): 3:39am On Feb 13, 2016
@ DoubleRoyal,

Hajji has said it all. 2 maximum or 1 big one with a partition.

3 septic tank for a 2 bedroom house get-as-he-be if you remember that song by Late Orlando Owoh grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hardwood For House Roofing 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 1x12, 3x4 call 08182481552 / Tallest Building In South-East In Umuchukwu, Anambra (Photos) / A $7.6m Dollar House That Looks Ordinary From The Outside(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.