Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

African Queens - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Queens (26064 Views)

7 African Queens Amazing In Their Power And Beauty / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / (guys Only)- African Queens Dating White Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Queens by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Na only Naija own go different-black widow cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Queens by am0s(m): 7:57am On Jul 15, 2014
i luv queens

1 Like

Re: African Queens by justi4jesu(f): 7:57am On Jul 15, 2014
smiley
Re: African Queens by dasparrow: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2014
@Post

Nice!
Re: African Queens by chaberry(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2014
Hw can this outdated queens be of any help to us in our today hustles? #hiss, open shop, abeg customer dey enter*

1 Like

Re: African Queens by darne(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2014
LOVELY, WE NEED THE AFRICAN KINGS TOO !!
Re: African Queens by peren: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2014
@poster i tot u said that nerfititi's mummy was never found?

2 Likes

Re: African Queens by monchouchou: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2014
Wow, very inspiring
Re: African Queens by freecocoa(f): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2014
Quite an interesting read.
Re: African Queens by jeff1607(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2014
Empressgifted: That Amina get strong mind ooohh! Killing a man every now and then to cover her thing, na wa ooh.
Dats a nigerian woman for u.no b now e start,it ve tayed.lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Queens by souleymon(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2014
Need phone swap

[quotAlhamdulilahe author=Simplyunique]Have you been searching for nollywood movies like:- Room 027, IJÉ (The Journey), Mr & Mrs, Two Brides And A Baby, House Of Gold, Pretty Liars, Last Flight To Abuja, Mad Sex, Azonto Classics, Shakira; WAZO, Ipe, Diamond, Ahon, Latifat, Ijoba Ose Kan, Aranbada, Akisa, Adebimpe, Oritoke, Kijipa Ife, Salako Alagbe,........ Etc?!!!
Download these and more here:-
http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
NO registration needed.... Just download as you please.[/quote]
Re: African Queens by Abiagirl777(f): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2014
Iam a Queen where i cum from!
Re: African Queens by HandOfChukwu: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2014
peren: @poster i tot u said that nerfititi's mummy was never found?
It was found, by a white female Egyptologist but she was banned from Egypt by Zahi Hawass, the Egyptian governments appointed director of everything to do with Ancient Egypt for telling everyone that Nefertiti just like all of the Ancient Egyptians was a black African.

Non-blacks(oyibos) don't like to admit the Egyptians were black because they taught the Greeks and Romans everything they know and even then they still couldn't understand it all. If they have to admit they were black they also have to admit THEY are inferior and black is superior, know your history.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Queens by Evasmillingguy(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: African Queens by Atk01(f): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Cool thread. But that King Solomon sha,...
Re: African Queens by publicenemy(m): 8:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Rossikki: THIS IS NOT NEFERTITI. This sculpture from Goodness-knows-where is a highly controversial, Europeanized representation of Nefertiti which has been rejected by many scholars of ancient Egypt as a fake, or a representation of somebody else, NOT Nefertiti.

The ancient TOMB art depicting Nefertiti as well as modern reconstruction of her skull fragments depict Nefertiti as a black African woman.

Nefertiti (tomb art rendition)

Nefertiti (left)

Nefertiti (Reconstructed face executed by team of British scientists based on mummified remains)

http://clippednews./2003/08/14/the-face-of-nefertiti/

There is no difference between both ur pic and the sculpture.take a close look.

3 Likes

Re: African Queens by hayoakins(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2014
RESPECT Queen Yaa

Subom1: 2. Queen Yaa Asantewaa of Ashanti (Ghana) Yaa Asantewaa is said to have been born in 1840 and died in 1921. She was a successful farmer and mother. She was an intellectual, a politician, human right activist, Queen and a leader. Yaa Asantewaa became famous for leading the Ashanti rebellion against British colonialism to defend the Golden stool. She promoted women emancipation as well as gender equality. She was the sister of the Ruler of Ejisu (Ejisuhene) Nana Akwasi Afrane Okpase, an ethnic group in present day Ghana.

After her brothers death, Yaa Asantewaa, being very influential as queen mother, used her influence to nominate her grandson as Ruler of Ejisu. In 1896, her Grandson as well as the King of the Asante (Prempeh I) were exiled to Seychelles by the British. This was Britain’s way of dealing with African kings in the past as was the case with the Benin Kingdom with the capture and exile of Oba Ovonramwen (King of Benin) in 1897. Sending a king to exile in such times was often followed by looting of their land. This has led to the discovery of lots of Africa’s valued arts and crafts in Britain. Till date, Africa has still not been able to regain its stolen treasures.

As expected, to further entrench their authority, the British Governor-General of Ghana (then known as the Gold Coast) Frederick Hodgson, demanded the Golden Stool. The Golden stool was the symbol of the Asante kingdom. This prompted a conference of the elders. Yaa Asantewaa was highly disgusted at the behavior of her male counterparts and insisted that if the men would not fight, she would gather the women to fight for the land.

Yaa Asantewaa led the famous war known as the War of the Golden Stool in 1900 against the British. She was captured and sent on exile to the Seychelles. Yaa Asantewa died in exile on the 17th of October 1921. Yaa Asantewa’s War was the last major war led by an African woman. To date, she is honored in Africa as one of the greatest African women
Re: African Queens by Damyion(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2014
nickz: why is my mums pic not there @op ??
You no read post? A queen must be a virgin!

3 Likes

Re: African Queens by passionate88: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Solomon na badt guy
Re: African Queens by romzey(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2014
Wow! Thanks op!
Re: African Queens by PHfinest(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Subom1, which one were you before incanating back to earth?
Re: African Queens by dhebor258: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Damyion: You no read post? A queen must be a virgin!
...hahahahah...pls hlp me tel him o
Re: African Queens by Harmvirus(f): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Interesting
Re: African Queens by p2t2r(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2014
Simplyunique: Have you been searching for nollywood movies like:- Room 027, IJÉ (The Journey), Mr & Mrs, Two Brides And A Baby, House Of Gold, Pretty Liars, Last Flight To Abuja, Mad Sex, Azonto Classics, Shakira; WAZO, Ipe, Diamond, Ahon, Latifat, Ijoba Ose Kan, Aranbada, Akisa, Adebimpe, Oritoke, Kijipa Ife, Salako Alagbe,........ Etc?!!!
Download these and more here:-
http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
NO registration needed.... Just download as you please.
May thunder give you blo'w job there...na by force to watch naija movie ni

2 Likes

Re: African Queens by turl(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2014
wait..so..no queen Idia?

2 Likes

Re: African Queens by p2t2r(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Bia Op!!! I think say u wan show me queens wey still dey alive including their details and phone numbers What should I be doing with dead pple pictures kwanu?
Re: African Queens by p2t2r(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2014
Abiagirl777: Iam a Queen where i cum from!
okay we've heard.
Re: African Queens by scobaba: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2014
Queen Amina Of Zaria no be better person after all angry

Lash men finish den fall them.

Nutyn differentiate her and abacha lipsrsealed

She wicked die.
Re: African Queens by p2t2r(m): 9:24am On Jul 15, 2014
darne: LOVELY, WE NEED THE AFRICAN KINGS TOO !!
sadly you can't be one undecided
Re: African Queens by Aniroly(m): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2014
Where's my grandmother undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council / Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / Igbo Idioms (Ilu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.