Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

African Queens - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Queens (26065 Views)

7 African Queens Amazing In Their Power And Beauty / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / (guys Only)- African Queens Dating White Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Queens by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
I don't understand

HandOfChukwu: the Egyptian governments appointed director of everything to do with Ancient Egypt for telling everyone that Nefertiti just like all of the Ancient Egyptians was a black African
Re: African Queens by Empressgifted(f): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
18wheeler:
Theres also another version that she believed crippled men performed better in bed so she would amputate POWs, treat their wounds and use them afterwards for sex before eliminating them.
ewwwww! Thank God for civilization, though such things still happen now at least people have the right to protest against such inhumane treatment.
Chai! A woman for that matter and people are still naming their daughters after her "Amina".
If the mothers' of these abducted chibok girl were to be like Amina, boko haram could have been history.
Re: African Queens by macof(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Subom1: 3. Makeda (Queen of Sheba) from Ethiopia. According to Ethiopian tradition, Makeda (10th century BC), the Queen of Sheba, had a son, Menilek I, by king Solomon of Jerusalem, thus establishing the "Solomonic" dynasty of Ethiopia that ruled, with a few interruptions, until the deposition of Emperor Haile Selassie (q.v.) in 1974. Her name and the location of her kingdom are vague to historians, but in Ethiopic her name means "not thus", as when she announced, "not thus is it good to worship the sun, but it is right to worship God.

In the sixth year of her reign she learned from her head trader of the existence of a wonderfully-governed kingdom, Israel, and determined to visit its king and observe his methods. Her caravan took about 10 months to get through the Ethiopian mountains to the coast, cross the Red Sea and sands of Arabia. King Solomon received her cordially, and after six months' study she concluded that his rule was successful because of the affection and respect he inspired, his organization of government, and his fairness and humility. He convinced her that Ethiopia should relinquish worship of the sun, and adopt worship of God, creator of the Universe. 

As she prepared to depart it occurred to Solomon that he could beget a child from this beautiful woman. He implied that he had yet another art of government to teach her, provided a great banquet, and had her food liberally peppered, and her drinks mingled with vinegar - then suggested she should spend the night. "Promise you will not take me by force," said Makeda. Solomon swore by God that he would not, if in turn she would swear not to take anything that belonged to him. 

When Makeda became thirsty in the night, she drank water from a goblet placed at her bedside. Solomon, from his hidden vigil, saw her drink, and immediately claimed her - she had taken his water. 

En route home, nine months and five days after leaving Jerusalem, she gave birth to a boy, whom she named Bayna Lehkem ("son of the wise man"wink. Despite the obvious loss of her virginity (a woman could be queen as long as she remained a virgin), Makeda continued to rule Ethiopia. 

I know people who say this woman was an Ijebu ancestor. It's possible tho, seeing how awujale says his ancestry is from Nubia(North Sudan and parts of Ethiopia)
Re: African Queens by macof(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Princesschi: Very interesting. King Solomon was such a pervert
Are u jst knowing?
The man had 300wives damit

1 Like

Re: African Queens by macof(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Awoofawo:

Bro so you too see am, a whole king Solomon in his glory and majestic peeping at sleeping innocent virgin in the middle of night; Baba Solomon na pervert o!

Anyway like father like son, remind who dem said David peeped at from his palace roof top? cool grin

Exactly, like father like son. But Solomon no fit fight, he took only d konji x10

1 Like

Re: African Queens by Atk01(f): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
macof:
Are u jst knowing?
The man had 300wives damit
I think it was 700 wives and 300 concubines.

1 Like

Re: African Queens by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
They are all ugly and look primitive! lipsrsealed
Re: African Queens by ChristineC: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
all4naija: They are all ugly and look primitive! lipsrsealed
Are you not an African?

1 Like

Re: African Queens by Ptoocool(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Awoofawo:

Bro so you too see am, a whole king Solomon in his glory and majestic peeping at sleeping innocent virgin in the middle of night; Baba Solomon na pervert o!

Anyway like father like son, remind who dem said David peeped at from his palace roof top? cool grin

Hmmmm, nao ah knw blood is thicker dan water.
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
ChristineC:
Are you not an African?
Yes, I am! What is the problem with that? angry
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
@op, u need serious flooging cos i jex wasted ma MB jex 2 see statues.... I dont knw wen these became queens o. Mtscheew. undecided
Re: African Queens by fayahsoul: 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
they wore neither wigs weaves nor perm; all natural. With self love and knowledge our sisters can perform wonders. Right now most of them are fake, stuck on self hate and excessive b*llshit. Go figure.
Re: African Queens by kingston277(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Empressgifted:
ewwwww! Thank God for civilization, though such things still happen now at least people have the right to protest against such inhumane treatment.
Chai! A woman for that matter and people are still naming their daughters after her "Amina".
If the mothers' of these abducted chibok girl were to be like Amina, boko haram could have been history.
Funny they didn't protest then since after all, she lived in a civilization.
Re: African Queens by kingston277(m): 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Probably like you behind that computer screen.

1 Like

Re: African Queens by Damyion(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jamean:

Lmbo...you nailed it. Some peeps can question like 'Kilode'
Abi o, my sister. But, that aside... Did you just laff ur boobs out? *eyes wide open*
Re: African Queens by anonymous6(f): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice thread
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
kingston277:
Probably like you behind that computer screen.
Hahaha...I am the best that has ever happened to black people. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Queens by delishpot: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
jeff1607:
Dats a nigerian woman for u.no b now e start,it ve tayed.lol

Lol, maybe she know say Naija men sabi kiss and tell. If dem no get big mouth their lives for save. grin. Anyone notice say most of these women esp the black ones nor marry? Africa men no dey fit stand succesaful wives.
The obe wey try marry sef, na love of bottom make the husband chase her and her son out. Imagine what konji can make black man do? His own first born son.

2 Likes

Re: African Queens by Rossikki: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2014

You sound like an ignorant, uneducated dunce.

2 Likes

Re: African Queens by kingston277(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
all4naija: Hahaha...I am the best that has ever happened to black people. cool cool cool
True...Everybody loves half-breeds cool grin
Re: African Queens by revelationuche: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: African Queens by Aniroly(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Rossikki:

You sound like an ignorant, uneducated dunce.
lipsrsealed angry angry angry
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 16, 2014
HandOfChukwu: It was found, by a white female Egyptologist but she was banned from Egypt by Zahi Hawass, the Egyptian governments appointed director of everything to do with Ancient Egypt for telling everyone that Nefertiti just like all of the Ancient Egyptians was a black African.

Non-blacks(oyinbos) don't like to admit the Egyptians were black because they taught the Greeks and Romans everything they know and even then they still couldn't understand it all. If they have to admit they were black they also have to admit THEY are inferior and black is superior, know your history.

Interesting!! Please do you have any link so that I can learn more.
Re: African Queens by HandOfChukwu: 3:15am On Jul 16, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Interesting!! Please do you have any link so that I can learn more.
https://sites.google.com/site/naomiastral/ancient-kemet/famous-nefertiti-bust-is-a-euorpean-fake

There are more articles about African history on that site as well that everyone on here should read, if you don't know your history then you won't know who you really are, that's how is was designed by the dirty racist oyinbo colonists. This is why Africa isn't on top of the world like we used to be. Black is King.
Re: African Queens by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Funbii: these women were great and made womanhood something to be very proud of... indeed Africa Queens they were

Is it just me or is anyone thinking d same, u should make that list as well. U r beeeeeauuutiful.
Re: African Queens by Joshuadon: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
lol

Re: African Queens by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Queen Nzinga is my favourite.

However, I'm surprised no one mentioned, Queen Tiye, Akhenaten's mother and the grandmother of King Tut.

Regardless, most of the African cultures that built civilisations had great queens...and the list is endless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council / Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / Igbo Idioms (Ilu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.