Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates (5791 Views)

Nigeria May Split Into 5 Countries / : May Split Nigeria Like Darfur – Prof. Ibrahim Gambari / The Sensible Thing To Do Is To Split Nigeria Into Its Component Parts: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by atlwireles: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
titoetal: If the status quo must remain, then govt. must as a matter of urgency start the mining of solid minerals and other resources in the North. Even if there's no market for them yet, they should be kept in a volt.
The rate of the control should be 50% and not 18% before the oil dries up. If it's possible let's stop all oil exploration for now and develop our economy with other resources.
No one is sure if tomorrow the oil dries, the North might move for a full resource control.
There were stories in the past when the North wanted a separate state but the colonial masters advised them to ignore that idea so that they can use the resources in the South to develop their region.

Infact, there's more to what is playing out.

God deliver us from wickedness.

50% is not possible at this time. A gradual projection has been penned down in the resolution. I think is every 10 years. This gives Nigeria and other states a timeline to develop other tax generating ventures.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: Your sentiment can never save you. Resource control is impossible. Niger delta is a den of rogues and eternal looters. 13percent derivation is enoug for ND to develop.
look at you talking about sentiment. If you are sincere you would have critically analyzed the demands of the NDtans and reasons behind their agitation. You made mention of political elites in the region, you forget that it is the same northern oligarchs that has done everything to ensure that their stooges and associates in the SS occupy political offices. The con3 need restructuring. We can't be living on "allocation" that will be given us by the same stooges. The same way the Northern elite bastardized the economy along with their southern friends through epileptic leadership and absolute corruption. Neither the Northern masses nor the Southern Masses are benefitting from the statu§ quo! Otherwise,how will you explain the acute poverty, ignorance and mass myopic minds of Northern masses despite their kins holding power and governance structure for 38years? The same way the leaders of §S mismanaged the "allocated" 13% revenue. Resource control will put power in the hands of the masses and True Federalism will truly make the leadership accountable to the people instead of running to d central!

Every sane mind wl embrace Resource control wt 50% tax to central
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
barcanista: look at you talking about sentiment. If you are sincere you would have critically analyzed the demands of the NDtans and reasons behind their agitation. You made mention of political elites in the region, you forget that it is the same northern oligarchs that has done everything to ensure that their stooges and associates in the SS occupy political offices. The con3 need restructuring. We can't be living on "allocation" that will be given us by the same stooges. The same way the Northern elite bastardized the economy along with their southern friends through epileptic leadership and absolute corruption. Neither the Northern masses nor the Southern Masses are benefitting from the statu§ quo! Otherwise,how will you explain the acute poverty, ignorance and mass myopic minds of Northern masses despite their kins holding power and governance structure for 38years? The same way the leaders of §S mismanaged the "allocated" 13% revenue. Resource control will put power in the hands of the masses and True Federalism will truly make the leadership accountable to the people instead of running to d central!

Every sane mind wl embrace Resource control wt 50% tax to central
You ended up not making a valid argument.
You claimed that North put their stooges in ND as governors and those people are assisting the north in pillaging the resources of Niger delta.For you to demand for increase in derivation means that you are one of the stooges of North who are carting away the common wealth of Niger delta. If not,i expect you to fight who/what your enemies which is the stooges and their master. From the premise of your argument,i summarise therefore,that the problem of Niger delta is the stooges of the north who cart away Niger delta resources and that is what i said earlier that the 13percent derivation is more than enough for ND region.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by titoetal(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
atlwireles:

50% is not possible at this time. A gradual projection has been penned down in the resolution. I think is every 10 years. This gives Nigeria and other states a timeline to develop other tax generating ventures.

well, whatever they agreed on, I want to see states retaining more from the derivation from their area. This will make states with dormant minerals seek way to develop them. Agriculture, tourism and many other areas of generating income will be explored.
I've been and wish to remain an advocate of one Nigeria where justice and peace prevail but some people are trying to be smarter.
What is the sense of proposing 5% for North East, West and Central. That's to say the 5% Increase to ND must be given to them too. What of SE and SW?
My dear, let's keep praying for peace in this nation cos some people are bent on destroying it.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: You ended up not making a valid argument.
You claimed that North put their stooges in ND as governors and those people are assisting the north in pillaging the resources of Niger delta.For you to demand for increase in derivation means that you are one of the stooges of North who are carting away the common wealth of Niger delta. If not,i expect you to fight who/what your enemies which is the stooges and their master. From the premise of your argument,i summarise therefore,that the problem of Niger delta is the stooges of the north who cart away Niger delta resources and that is what i said earlier that the 13percent derivation is more than enough for ND region.
my friend stop taking me out of context! Or is comprehension your problem? I never advocated for increasd derivation but "resource Çontrol". With that, Þhe cent®al Does nt av a hand Ín wealth distribution only to receive Tax from region§. That mean§ the people knows what Çomes in and who to hold accountable and nÓ one else! The elite north will av reduced iinflence and their stooges.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Look at who is talking; If there is anybody that shouldn't be talking it's a northerners. You Alhajis has impoverished and held this nation backward. The suffering of the Niger Delta is as a result of the gross mismanagement of funds neglect by the northern leaders who held sway in the past for 38yrs. You people destroyed this nation and are still doing it. The best arable lands in Nigeria is located in the north but the obsession for oil wouldn't let you see it.
My friend,i am from Nnewi in Anambra state. I do not support your view. The suffering of ND is because of the greed of their elites. The 38years of military misrule of Nigeria did not favour any region more than the other. But since 1999,democratic regime has presented every people/state the opportunity to bring positive changes to their state and everyone know that ND region have got more allocations than other region since then. So,the suffering of ND today,therefore,proves that their leaders are very ineffective,in the same manner of military regime, in handling the affairs of their states. Almost all the past governors from ND states are either in prison or facing charges related to gross mismanagement of funds and money laundering. 38years of Military misrule is a baseless and indefensible point in justifying ND backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by atlwireles: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
titoetal:

well, whatever they agreed on, I want to see states retaining more from the derivation from their area. This will make states with dormant minerals seek way to develop them. Agriculture, tourism and many other areas of generating income will be explored.
I've been and wish to remain an advocate of one Nigeria where justice and peace prevail but some people are trying to be smarter.
What is the sense of proposing 5% for North East, West and Central. That's to say the 5% Increase to ND must be given to them too. What of SE and SW?
My dear, let's keep praying for peace in this nation cos some people are bent on destroying it.

God Bless Nigeria.

There will be peace, because the north and their passive supporters understand change has come to Nigeria. I want all zones to grow, just as they allow states and regions enjoy the benefits of their God given resource. I am not even against the 5%, but it must cover the whole country. They tried to pull one over the heads of the delegates and have been stopped dead on their tracks.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
barcanista: my friend stop taking me out of context! Or is comprehension your problem? I never advocated for increasd derivation but "resource Çontrol". With that, Þhe cent®al Does nt av a hand Ín wealth distribution only to receive Tax from region§. That mean§ the people knows what Çomes in and who to hold accountable and nÓ one else! The elite north will av reduced iinflence and their stooges.
You just have to admit and know it today that NORth is not the problem of Niger delta.Resource control is an evil word and should not be used.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by nduchucks: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
lygn19:
common shutup during d time of the groundnut pyramids, u ppl didnt share anything with anybody, during that era Nigeria was practising regionalism, not even that, go nd read abt d amalgamation, d north was being run on a deficit or loss, while d south had enuf surplus, d colonial masters amalgamated them together to balance the books.

People like you tempt us to call you dummies, empty heads, or Igbos, but I will respectfully decline the temptation. I'd simply state that you and many others on this thread are products of a failed educational system which did not adequately expose you to your history.

I don't have time to educate you people but ponder the following:

(1)It is in the record that, it was the farmers in the North that produced the groundnuts and resources that supplemented the various budgets of the West and East up till 1970.

(2)Groundnuts, cotton, cocoa, hides and skins, were the principal export crops in the 1960s and early 1970s.

(3)Nigeria was the world's largest exporter of groundnuts in the early 1970s

Though I understand that research could not possibly be your forté , I'd recommend that you use google for preliminary research and educate yourself before coming here to embarass yourself.

In case that is too difficult for you, at lease read this report from U.S. Library of Congress
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by titoetal(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
atlwireles:

There will be peace, because the north and their passive supporters understand change has come to Nigeria. I want all zones to grow, just as they allow states and regions enjoy the benefits of their God given resource. I am not even against the 5%, but it must cover the whole country. They tried to pull one over the heads of the delegates and have been stopped dead on their tracks.

Amen to that. With peace, FG can carry out its developmental programs. Infact there are many policies being proposed in the conference if allowed to see the light, it will move this nation forward. Previous week, there were rumours of a planned walkout by Northern delegates to oppose any change in status quo but it appears the North Central did not buy the idea.
Let's keep watching and praying. Have a pleasant week.

Long Live Nigeria.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by IGBOSON1: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: i dont believe in North and South dichotomy. Nigeria is one. both the North and south have right over oil resources found in either north or south.

^^^How convenient!

Where are you from........ethnicity i mean?
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by nduchucks: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
ndu_chucks subscribes to the idea of 100% resource control. All inland resources should be controlled by the states who would then pay applicable taxes to the Feds.

ALL OFFSHORE RESOURCES belong, 100%, to ALL Nigerians and proceeds from their exploration must be shared to the states accordingly. The robbery of not sharing offshore resources equitably will be stopped in the next 2 years. That should give the lazy souls of "oil producing states" the impetus to develop other revenue sources.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^How convenient!

Where are you from........ethnicity i mean?
i am from Nnewi in Anambra state. I am an Igbo man.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by bobjay40: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
Let dem go,we don tire of all ds threat self grin grin
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by obeski13(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is one reason why i can never support any party that fields a northerner as his presidential candidate,.i can conveniently say dat gej is not doing enough,but when compared to any northern candidate,he is far better.am frm south west

3 Likes

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by emiye(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
nduchucks:

(1)It is in the record that, it was the farmers in the North that produced the groundnuts and resources that supplemented the various budgets of the West and East up till 1970.

Haba mallam!, the part in red is so false, the budget of the west was the highest, and the reverse was the case.

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by lacasa: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
In this country every nonentity has an over-bearing opinion. undecided

It's most funny wen all the non entities spread across nairaland fail to realize that this so-called Delegates only play to the gallery of National Tv but behind the cameras are working nsync to benefit selfishly together hand-in-hand.

This same delegates that are mis-informing the non entities here with the concepts of 'the South' and 'the North' owe no allegiance to us but only and solely to 'their interests', 'their families', and 'their pockets'.

#... O Lord, make my people get sense
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by tonyzaks: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sum1 shld enlighten me on this beclouding issue on my mind: is there any oil producing state that develop its oil resources or is it tje nigerian state thus so far?

1 Like

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
nduchucks:

People like you tempt us to call you dummies, empty heads, or Igbos, but I will respectfully decline the temptation. I'd simply state that you and many others on this thread are products of a failed educational system which did not adequately expose you to your history.

I don't have time to educate you people but ponder the following:

(2)Groundnuts, cotton, cocoa, hides and skins, were the principal export crops in the 1960s and early 1970s.

(3)Nigeria was the world's largest exporter of groundnuts in the early 1970s

Though I understand that research could not possibly be your forté , I'd recommend that you use google for preliminary research and educate yourself before coming here to embarass yourself.

In case that is too difficult for you, at lease read this report from U.S. Library of Congress
which part of dat article does it say d proceeds of d north were being share with other region,
re u aware that b4 now Nigeria practised regionalism if not for dat ediot Aguyi Ironsi dat made d greatest mistake eva by now we wud know how true ur groundnut pyramids re,
lol...d resources of d north supplemented the budget of the east and west, now i knw y they call u folks boko haram, really education is a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
tonyzaks: Sum1 shld enlighten me on this beclouding issue on my mind: is there any oil producing state that develop its oil resources or is it tje nigerian state thus so far?
when they discover oil in any place, or state... Foreigners come to invest in that oil, when they come instead of them to meet the states its the fg they meet since they re d one controlling most things... When they settle everything they start there work on d drilling and d rest... All the fg does is collect tax, royalties and d rest/allocate oil blocks, so how does the fg develop the sector?

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mr. Luggard, your salve camp is on fire!

Better come back to Nigeria and or it will soon be no more!

Memoirs to Ojukwu:
Dear Our amiable General,

there is smoke from the Northern end of the slave camp, and ripples form the National conference,

One Odumakin from the Western Village has fired a salvo against the Northern village.

The reasons you stood up against the brutish British slave masters and their slaves led by Gowon in a war is becoming more glaring by the day.

Sir, I can assure you that soon, your dreams will come true.

Tell, Zik that we have put his name in our black book, alongside Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu and all those who caused us pains.
Peace on to you sir.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by poiZon: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: what are you complaining of?

ur moronism.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by tonyzaks: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
lygn19:
when they discover oil in any place, or state... Foreigners come to invest in that oil, when they come instead of them to meet the states its the fg they meet since they re d one controlling most things... When they settle everything they start there work on d drilling and d rest... All the fg does is collect tax, royalties and d rest/allocate oil blocks, so how does the fg develop the sector?
Am still not gettin it.
"When they" who are they?. Certain things are involved here; 'discovery' bt before that there must be exploration, who explor? The states?
'Foreigners' don't see states bt country which govern (regulates) the statesm
Pls shade more lights on these
Thanks for the responce
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by atlwireles: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
^^^^^ what light are you seeking? why don't you focus all your energy in creating more revenue , than killing yourself about what happens in any man's backyard.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by pinkguy(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
The north have notting while the south have something ,nobody love notting(north) but everbody love something(south) dis is my slogan for northern

1 Like

Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EasternLeopard: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: i am from Nnewi in Anambra state. I am an Igbo man.

God forbid

We reject you

Pls go and locate your true father up North.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
EasternLeopard:

God forbid

We reject you

Pls go and locate your true father up North.
I am very happy to be rejected by an ediiot.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EasternLeopard: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
emiye: Haba mallam!, the part in red is so false, the budget of the west was the highest, and the reverse was the case.

You dey listern to that alamajiri suya boy

Groundnut ko skynut ni
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EasternLeopard: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
EmeeNaka: I am very happy to be rejected by Igbos.

cheesy grin
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EasternLeopard: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
atlwireles: ^^^^^ what light are you seeking? why don't you focus all your energy in creating more revenue , than killing yourself about what happens in any man's backyard.

Their elites are toooooo greedy to think straight.

A new Nigeria has come to stay either they adjust or perish.
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by EmeeNaka: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
EasternLeopard:

i am from generation of fools. God please forgive my parents and change my genetic component so that i will not give birth to fools.
LMAO
Re: Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates by atlwireles: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Their elites are toooooo greedy to think straight.

A new Nigeria has come to stay either they adjust or perish.

This reality has not dawned on some of them yet. Just reading the comments of Anthony Sani on punch, one can see his capitulation already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Poor Turn Out At President Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Borno / Inauguration: My Govt Will Engender More Massive Rural Development - Ugwuanyi / Timothy Yahaya To Buhari: You’ve Lost Grip On Good Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.