Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,711 members, 7,851,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Can Someone Give Me An Advice? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Give Me An Advice? (990 Views)

My Wife Got Pregnant For Another Man.. I Need An Advice / Pls,i Need An Advice,i'm Depressed,i Feel Like Crying / Pls I Need An Advice, 2 Weeks Preg. And My Hubby Does Not Want The Babe Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by emygreat19: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2008
Hello Everyone,
I'm into a relationship with a guy and we're building it towards marriage.But, i have a very serious problem.My mum isn't in support of the relationship.She says she hasn't any good dreams about the relationship. First, she had a problem with the guy's family saying that the mother isn't a good person.Next she said she had a bad dream about us and she believes the marriage would end in a separation. It'as been about six months i mentioned us to her,thinking that time would make her change her mind,but up till today,her stand remains the same.I'm a bit confused about this, cos i wouldn't want to enter a relationship my parents aren't in support of.I've prayed about this and right now i don't know if i should go on with the r/ship or not.My dad doesn't even know about it and that's faulting on my side.BUt, the issue is that i'm not staying with either parents.Can someone give me an advice soon?Thanx
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by JJYOU: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2008
this may not be what you want to hear now but i will say it as an act of love. marraige is a good thing. however, i always caution people entering into one without with will of God and parental consent. if the enemy can place you into a wrong relationship, he most certainly has got you where he wanted you in the first place.

people wait and save to rent a room and buy other things i dont know why waiting to know your life partner doesn't apeal to many people. marraige can make you and mar even the strongest of people. there are too many hurt and broken people out there. dont join them without a fight.

regarding your mum. keep questioning her. not with the intension of winning her to your side but knowing what she knows about the guy and his family. she is your mum and will always want the best for you. dont rush into anything you will regret. people with parental blessings struggle i dont know what people without the blessings go through. you need her blessings more than you know.

please pray and pray some more. God will help you. He is a match maker and a willing one at that. God bless
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by ifyalways(f): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2008
6 months is rather too early undecided
Still watch out,your mum might have her points.Pray more and take things easy for now.Its s lifelong affair so be very sure b4 plunging in.wish you all the best.
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by JJYOU: 4:54am On Oct 10, 2008
better to catch up than clean up i say.
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by pastorjoe1: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2008
Hi sister,
Firstly, I Would encourage you to be an obedient child to your parents because they know more than you and I want you to know that your parents can only advice. If truly you have made your parents to know about the r/ship and they kicked against, just go down on your kneels and seek the face of God. And don't forget that NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD.
God bless you!
Pastor Jonathan
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by onelove100(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
your destiny is in your hands

right now you need a good info

click on www.joyfulcouple..com
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2008
JJYOU:

this may not be what you want to hear now but i will say it as an act of love. marraige is a good thing. however, i always caution people entering into one without with will of God and parental consent. if the enemy can place you into a wrong relationship, he most certainly has got you where he wanted you in the first place.

What on earth is the will of God in marriage?? Una don start again o!!
Nobody (enemy) places anybody into any relationship (except you were hooked up by a friend or an agency). Lets advice the girl in real time and forget this whole spiritual and will thing.

JJYOU:

people wait and save to rent a room and buy other things i don't know why waiting to know your life partner doesn't apeal to many people. marraige can make you and mar even the strongest of people. there are too many hurt and broken people out there. don't join them without a fight.

Wow!! Talk about a weird analogy. How does rnting a room and getting marriged relate to each other.
Anyways, Let me first of all say I totally agree with you that knowing your partner is the most important aspect of pre-marriage rituals. But then she said nothing about not knowing her partner. rather she said;

emygreat19:

It'as been about six months i mentioned us to her, thinking that time would make her change her mind,but up till today,her stand remains the same.

So I think she might just know the guy.

JJYOU:

please pray and pray some more. God will help you. He is a match maker and a willing one at that. God bless

This is the funniest shit I've heard in like forever. grin

ifyalways:

6 months is rather too early undecided
Still watch out,your mum might have her points.Pray more and take things easy for now.Its s lifelong affair so be very sure before plunging in.wish you all the best.

I believe you can see that she has known the guy for more than six months.
Yes. Her mum might have her point or might be yet another paranoid, tribalistic, you-cant-marry-from-that-tribe woman. Who knows.
Parents do make mistakes you know.

pastor joe:

Hi sister,
Firstly, I Would encourage you to be an obedient child to your parents because they know more than you and I want you to know that your parents can only advice. If truly you have made your parents to know about the r/ship and they kicked against, just go down on your kneels and seek the face of God. And don't forget that NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD.
God bless you!
Pastor Jonathan

WTF is you talking bout??
First of all Mr. pastor, she is not a child. Children do not get married.
Secondly, our parents do not necessarily know more than she does as regarding a man that she has been dating for over who-knows-when.
Thirdly, seeking whoevers face, what will he do for her?? this I am curious to hear. If he tell her to marry the guy (thats assuming he eventually answers her), then its cool for her to be a "disobiedient child" abi??

And why did you post your number?? (Abi you wan snatch another man wife?? Just Kidding)

@ Poster

My dear, I understand what you are going through. I am yet to experience it first hand but then I have witnessed several.
Now I will be the first to offer you advice that has nothing to do with God, or church.

My dear, let me first of all tell you that this is your life we are talking about.
I have never met you neither do I know what your partner looks like. Only you and you alone can convince yourself if you are about to make the right choice or not. Remember that even if the world approves of the relationship, its only gonna be the two of you in your bedroom at night.
Your mum can have countless reasons for not liking the man, It could range from just sheer paranoia, to religious reasons, to political reasons, to tribal reasons, height, to wealth e.t.c. It dosent matter her opinion, all that counts here is you.
Lets say you follow your mums advice and walk away from this relationship, and then tomorrow find out that you made a mistake, you'll hate yourself and your mum for life.

I'll give you an example. My mum got married without her parents consent. Reason; He was broke, He was from the south and his family background is bleeped. The discouragements were endless. My dad was slapped by his Father-in-law when he went to ask for her hand in marriage. But look at them now; 5 grown kids, rich as Bleep and 28 years and counting.

What I am saying is that na you dey marry this man o! No be God, No be your mama.

Ask yourself one question; Is he really worth it??

If yes, then do what the bible said in the book of Mark 10: 7

Mark 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

Also remember that God has got nothing to do with you finding a husband. According to the book of Proverb 18:22

Pr 18:22 ΒΆ Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

So first find you a husband, and then the favour will come.

My best wishes go with you.

(My opinion)

Onelove said it all

onelove100:

your destiny is in your hands
Re: Can Someone Give Me An Advice? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ All,

I beleive u've gotten some great advice here already. . . . . . . wink

@ Poster

It's unfortunate u are going through this, . . . . .

And its very clear Mom doesn't like ur guy,. . . . .

If I were in your shoes, I'll try and focus on the positive sides of the guy,

Like his profession, his achievements, his family, what he has done for u, how happy he make u, and so on,

Invite him over or u can all go out for dinner or something, . . . . .

Just try thing that'll make Mom see a different side of ur guy.

Best wishes smiley

(1) (Reply)

Stop Payiny To Watch Dstv/hitv / A Landlord And His Tenant-need Advice. / When To Start Potty Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.