Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World (679 Views)

Nigeria Ranked Most Stressed-out Country In The World / Nigerians Ranked 21st Most Generous People In The World / Cia: Average Life Expectancy In Nigeria Is 47.56, Monaco 89.73, Angola 38.76 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2014
According to the World Bank, the average life expectancy in Nigeria is 52 years, makig us the 17th lowest in the world. Other bottom 20 countries were mainly Sub-Saharan African countries, except Afghanistan, where the average life expectancy was put at 49 years. Also five African countries, Sierra Leone, Lesotho, Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea Bissau and Central African Republic, ranked lowest in life expectancy with 48 years. On the other hand, about 30 countries, mostly in Europe, have average life expectancy of 80 years and above, with Switzerland having the highest average of 83 years.

I dont know how they came up with this racial datas but, I strong believe it to be another attempt to put Africans at the bottom ones more. For argument sake, I believe have parents who are above 57 years, my grandma lived 101 years and I also have friends and neigbours whose grandparents are still living in their 90's. I wonder why they keep bring up false datas about Africans and Nigerians..Nairaladers what do u think??
Re: Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 13, 2014
I tot blacks lives longer than whitemen I have never seen an old white man without teeth, u see that here in africa(old age). only here u will see an old woman of 90+ walking nd probably carry her grandchild on her back(if any) whereas white of 90 is down on wheel chair or sick bed. I knw of an old woman in my villa wey nor gree die. 120+,blind nd was kinda deaf due to old age her children even abandoned her to die.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 13, 2014
urhoboman: I tot blacks lives longer than whitemen I have never seen an old white man without teeth, u see that here in africa(old age). only here u will see an old woman of 90+ walking nd probably carry her grandchild on her back(if any) whereas white of 90 is down on wheel chair or sick bed. I knw of an old woman in my villa wey nor gree die. 120+,blind nd was kinda deaf due to old age her children even abandoned her to die.
Exactly my thoughts...how white man come take live pass blacks if no be another way to just put us under media just like cnn and co
Re: Nigeria Ranked 17th Lowest Average Life Expectancy In The World by tpiar: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
well,i dont know, but perhaps they are looking at the high numbers of widows and widowers which seem rather higher in Nigeria compared to other countries?

(1) (Reply)

Essay Contest On Divorce For Africans / :D / Why Are Yoruba Pple Fund Of Insultn U First Before Tellin U Sweet Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.