Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? (2048 Views)

How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation / What To Do If You Can’t Find A Job After Graduation – 10 Tips / How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by uchman(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
I have been working with my dad in his company for almost 2 years now after NYSC, my friends has been making jest of me that I need to go into the labour market and struggle, that I don't have to hide under my dad's shadow...
What do you guys think?
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by raziboi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nathin bad in it
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Mutuwa(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Jealous friends if i may say so.2years experience in any work place weda public or private no be small thing.you are working,keeping your brain and body well coordinated and earning something better than nothing..are your friends working n earning?

3 Likes

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Ukeachu1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
wishing my dad has a company

7 Likes

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Tallesty1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
They are jealous

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by HenryThegreat1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Woteva man do in dis lyf ppl must talk. U shuld b thinking hw 2 add more ideas 2 ur dad's coy. It shows dat u ar 4rm rich home. If vacancy open please notify me via . Let me add my sales experience 2 ur dad business.

3 Likes

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by flyingdutchman(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
YOUR FRIENDS ARE ENVIOUS OF YOU! IF YOU WEREN'T WORKING FOR YOUR DAD, THEY'LL TURN AROUND AND CALL YOU A FOOL! I KNOW THEIR TYPE. KEEP YOUR JOB BUT BE PREPARED TO LOSE SOME BAD EGGS. THEY'LL PROBABLY NOT CELEBRATE WITH YOU WHEN YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Daluuzor(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
chai!!! na only u waka com? I wish say my papa get company, I no go dey sidon for haus everyday!
daris God oo.
bros make I send my CV?
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Have you ever stayex at home? Have you benn jobless? if no, remain your yoir father's company. Those friends aint friends but enemies to your progress.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by uchman(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Really friend?
Am impress guys for your comments,it means am not on the wrong track!
Thanks Nairaland family... Always Know I will count on you guys...

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by PapaNnamdi: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
uchman: Really friend?
Am impress guys for your comments,it means am not on the wrong track!
Thanks Nairaland family... Always Know I will count on you guys...
u can thank us by linking us up with vaccancies in your fathers company. oya see my email powerfrik@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by uchman(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
PapaNnamdi:
u can thank us by linking us up with vaccancies in your fathers company. oya see my email powerfrik@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by chamboy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
HenryThegreat1: Woteva man do in dis lyf ppl must talk. U shuld b thinking hw 2 add more ideas 2 ur dad's coy. It shows dat u ar 4rm rich home. If vacancy open please notify me via 08030717634. Let me add my sales experience 2 ur dad business.
u contact me too doliphils@gmail.com
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by luvola(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
chamboy: u contact me too doliphils@gmail.com
buzz me too . bsc accounting 2.1
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by ITbomb(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2014
Bro, if you see another similar work in your field to do, I would say talk to your father and go for it for at least 1 year, then come back to your father's company, there are things that you can learn about meeting deadlines, discipline, handling difficult personality, queries which you may never get when working with your father.

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by chyna4luv: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2014
uchman: I have been working with my dad in his company for almost 2 years now after NYSC, my friends has been making jest of me that I need to go into the labour market and struggle, that I don't have to hide under my dad's shadow...
What do you guys think?

For me, I would say it's not too good for a reasonable and a man who is looking forward to become a success to just permanently work in his father's company after NYSC my reasons are;

1. You wouldn't take the work serious because what will always come to your mind is, "afterall it's my father's company" so, I can come to work anytime I like, spend anyhow, do anyhow etc. Let's be frank!
2. You may not have a career path/focus again.
3. Ego will set in.
4. GOD forbid, if any eventuality should occure, you may not be able to work in other firms considering their work etiquettes.

Your father has worked hard and earned himself a career, you too needs to work hard to build a career that is best suit for you.

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by uchman(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
chyna4luv:
For me, I would say it's not too good for a reasonable and a man who is looking forward to become a success to just permanently work in his father's company after NYSC my reasons are;
1. You wouldn't take the work serious because what will always come to your mind is, "afterall it's my father's company" so, I can come to work anytime I like, spend anyhow, do anyhow etc. Let's be frank!
2. You may not have a career path/focus again.
3. Ego will set in.
4. GOD forbid, if any eventuality should occure, you may not be able to work in other firms considering their work etiquettes.
Your father has worked hard and earned himself a career, you too needs to work hard to build a career that is best suit for you.
Taking the work serious?
Guy you need to see how tedious the work has turned out to be...My dad don't normally stay around cos of the company's activities, you can't imagine how happy he was the day I came back with my discharge certificate (Nysc),I started wondering "na this man graduate,abi na me?'', never knew he wanted to leave all in my hands and jive away...it's all good...
Good morning pals...
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Safari29: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
luvola: buzz me too . bsc accounting 2.1
u sent mail to me and I didn't get it bro. Anything for you boi?

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Safari29: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by Mekyno(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
uchman:
Taking the work serious?
Guy you need to see how tedious the work has turned out to be...My dad don't normally stay around cos of the company's activities, you can't imagine how happy he was the day I came back with my discharge certificate (Nysc),I started wondering "na this man graduate,abi na me?'', never knew he wanted to leave all in my hands and jive away...it's all good...
Good morning pals...
congrats...ur now a manager/CEO.
U can still work in 2 other company dat are best in ur career path or d best in wat ur company is into, den later u com bak to ur dats company to make use of d experience.
U can still b in ur dad company n find out hw company wich is producin d same tin wit u dad's own does it best, in order to take u dad company to d next level. Gudluk
give us info hia if an vacancy com out. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by khiaa(f): 12:47am On Jul 21, 2014

Luvola what did you want to say to me, I'm having problems with my email account. smiley
Re: Working In Your Dad's Company After Graduation...how Do You See That Friends? by luvola(m): 12:51am On Jul 21, 2014
khiaa:

Luvola what did you want to say to me, I'm having problems with my email account. smiley
Add me up 746f8f4c

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Alert / Urgent Response Needed About ZP NG / Packaging A CV For Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.