Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. (1110 Views)

Meet Nigeria's Malala, Amina Yusuf / Names Of FG Negotiators To Free Chibok Girls Revealed / Pictures : President Jonathan And Malala Yousafzai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by BashBB: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
My wish is to see every child go to school and I want to see
my Nigerian sisters being released from their abduction”.
Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl-child education
campaigner, who survived an assassination attempt by the
Taliban, has called on Boko Haram terrorists to free the
abducted Chibok schoolgirls.
Malala, who commenced a three-day visit to Nigeria on
Saturday, celebrated her 17th birthday in Abuja at a dinner
held in her honour at Transcorp Hilton hotel.
She spoke after the dinner that ended at about 10.40 p.m.
“On my 17th birthday my wish is to see every child go to
school and I want to see my Nigerian sisters being released
from their abduction and I want them to be free to go to
school and continue their education,’’ she said.
Malala was accompanied to the dinner by her father,
Ziauddin Yousafzai, and members of Malala Fund, including
Shiza Shahid, the 25-year old founder of the organisation.
A 32-man guest list at the event included members of civil
society organisations and representatives of international
organisations in Nigeria such as USAID, DFID, British Council
and DFID.
The Managing Director of the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN,
Ima Niboro, presented a birthday card and flowers to Malala
on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan.
“Thank you Malala for coming to Nigeria, Mr. President
personally signed this card, he shares your vision, your
dreams and your ambitions and he is happy that you are
here,” Mr. Niboro told Malala.
During her visit to Nigeria, the 17-year old Pakistani girl is
scheduled to meet President Jonathan and other top
government officials.
She will also mark the Malala Day on July 14, in Abuja to
champion her cause for free and compulsory education for
every child around the world.
The education advocate informed the guests at the dinner
that she would welcome ideas and opinions from them on
how to ensure the safety and education of every child in
Nigeria.
“I also hope to listen to those girls who were abducted and
later ran away from their abductors and it would be really
nice to listen to the parents of the girls.
“They are the ones who can really tell us what their
daughters are suffering and what they are suffering too,’’ she
said.
In his remarks, Malala’s father, Ziauddin said “since
centuries we have been ignoring half of our population, so
we should stop it now.
“We feel very honoured and I want to share with you one
thing: what you can do for your society as a social activist,
women rights activist nobody else can do.
“In the Swat District (in Pakistan’s northwestern Khyber
Pakhtunkhwa) I was contributing to my community in
education, I had a school and I was a poor man in terms of
money but I had an institution I started from the scratch.
“I was able to send 120 students on scholarship to my
school. So your existence in your community is the biggest
capital you have, your involvement with your community is
the biggest capital you have which I have lost.
“I will regain it one-day but the difference I was able to make
when I was there, I can’t make it now so you should
capitalize on your being in your communities,’’ he said.
In a telephone interview, the Pakistani High Commissioner
to Nigeria, Muhammad Saleem, said the High commission
“was not informed of her visit to Nigeria.
“However, we welcome her to Nigeria because she is doing a
great job.
“She is a daughter of Pakistan and we are proud of her
achievements and we hope her visit to Nigeria will go a long
way in resolving the issue of the kidnapped Chibok school
girls.
“She’s a great daughter of Pakistan and we welcome her
campaign for education,” Mr. Saleem said. (NAN)

m.premiumtimesng.com/news/164853-malala-in-nigeria-asks-boko-haram-to-free-chibok-girls.html
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hope the hear ur message little madam. Pls tell Jona when u meet him to. #BringBackOurGirls

1 Like

Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by bobjay40: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Welcome to naija malala,hope u find dem nd won't be frustrated grin >: grin
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Mogidi: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
I hope she visits Bukohari Buhari to plead their cases.

1 Like

Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: Hope the hear ur message little madam. Pls tell Jona when u meet him to. #BringBackOurGirls

Malala was shot by people with the same kind of mentality like that of Boko Haram.
Her survival was a miracle.

Jonathan is not the problem sir.
Those who shoot and kidnap little girls in the of "Allah" are!

Carry your campaign to them.

1 Like

Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi: I hope she visits Bukohari Buhari to plead their cases.
in your insanity u think u still have sense.

1 Like

Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by NwaNimo1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
Malala - head to Borno with your message. (if you want another bullet in the head)

Thought you would have learnt there is no reasoning with islamists.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
noblezone:

Malala was shot by people with the same kind of mentality like that of Boko Haram.
Her survival was a miracle.

Jonathan is not the problem sir.
Those who shoot and kidnap little girls in the of "Allah" are!

Carry your campaign to them.
. I never said he was. As the C in C he should use his powers to destroy BH and bring back our girls
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Tightguy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is what i call genuine concern. she came all the way from her country and visited not only Abuja,but went as far as Chibok to meet with the families of the kidnapped girls. Not just gathering everyday in unity square,chanting solidarity songs and granting press interviews just to paint the government black.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
NwaNimo1: Malala - head to Borno with your message. (if you want another bullet in the head)

Thought you would have learnt there is no reasoning with islamists.

That's a very rude thing to say.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Mogidi: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: . I never said he was. As the C in C he should use his powers to destroy BH and bring back our girls

Well using his powers would mean him destroying the north, your people, arm, support, fund and provide logistics for the sect. It could not have grown to such impressive level without the active participation of the North.

I remember the cavalier attitude most northerners displayed when boko haram targeted Christians only.

Now its apparent you guys are en-route to self destruction. The future looks bleak for the north and your propensity for self destruction is evident daily.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by NwaNimo1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
J12:

That's a very rude thing to say.

Whatever . . . .she's become a 'propaganda' tool of the west.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: . I never said he was. As the C in C he should use his powers to destroy BH and bring back our girls
BH cannot be destroyed.

BH is an ideology with sympathizers across all sections of of Northern Molsems.
Even there women are involved.

Boko Haram has come to stay, we either allow them an Islamic state or have this blood flow till Christ comes.
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

Well using his powers would mean him destroying the north, your people, arm, support, fund and provide logistics for the sect. It could not have grown to such impressive level without the active participation of the North.

I remember the cavalier attitude most northerners displayed when boko haram targeted Christians only.

Now its apparent you guys are en-route to self destruction. The future looks bleak for the north and your propensity for self destruction is evident daily.
CRAP. & RUBBISH
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
noblezone:
BH cannot be destroyed.

BH is an ideology with sympathizers across all sections of of Northern Molsems.
Even there women are involved.

Boko Haram has come to stay, we either allow them an Islamic state or have this blood flow till Christ comes.
waw. You are truly delusional. The idealogy can't be check with. True political will so shall the insurgency be history soon
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Vikky014(f): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ibnsultan: waw. You are truly delusional. The idealogy can't be check with. True political will so shall the insurgency be history soon
in ur delusional mind u r killn ur people bc of political will?jihadist
Re: Malala In Nigeria, Asks Boko Haram To Free Chibok Girls. by Adelaide2: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Just breaking

(1) (Reply)

$15bn Coastal Rail Project ‘ll Boost Nigeria’s GDP / Nigerian Army Unable To Retake Damboa From Boko Haram / Progress? Monarch Shoots His Own Son For Refusing To Join The APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.