Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP (29115 Views)

Ogun APC Chairman Loses Wife In Auto Crash; As Amosun's Tour Continues / Six Ekiti APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP As Fayose Takes Over / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by atlwireles: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014
BY DAUD OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA—INDICATIONS emerged at the weekend that10 members of Ogun State House of Assembly have defected to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, from the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.

This brings to 13 PDP members in the House as the party before now had three members elected under the party.
The defection was reportedly facilitated by a member of House of Representatives representing Yewa South/Ipokia Federal Constituency, Abiodun Akinlade, who dumped APC for the PDP.
A lawmaker representing Ijebu North-East , Samson Onademuren gave the hint last week during a PDP rally held in Abeokuta , claiming that, he was the secretary of a 3-member faction in the Assembly against the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
The Assembly which comprises 26 members now reportedly has 13 PDP members while Labour Party, LP, and APC reportedly shared the remaining 13 members.
Akinlade while receiving the PDP flag, said he decided to join the PDP because of its laudable programmes for the people in the country.
He promised the people of the state better lives under the PDP, claiming he had lined up some developmental programmes for the state.
In his remarks, Onademuren said “I can tell you authoritatively that members of G 13 where I am the Secretary are ready to join the PDP. I have come as the Secretary of the G 13 members of the state House of Assembly to take the flag of the PDP, I want to say that all of us have decided to join the PDP.”

//www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/10-ogun-apc-lawmakers-defect-pdp

27 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by atlwireles: 12:49am On Jul 14, 2014
Everywhere you turn, nah PDP political mojo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 14, 2014

Can you imagine.... I made the First to comment:

Oga suen, there should be a way were our "Likes" on Nairaland be converted to points.... In which with such points, there will be a measure/value for the "first to comment" space.... Because right now, i feel like selling mine!

14 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Danosophe(m): 12:57am On Jul 14, 2014
;DFRONT PAGE THINZ.

They Just Understood Their Mistake.
PDP Forgive Them Their Errs.

26 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Decibel: 1:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Liar !! Cheap propaganda from pit of hell. Btw pictures of the Legislooters doing the needful and Liar Mohammed endorsing their EXIT or Idobirivit tongue

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by ajoskele(m): 1:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Oh Lord, #giveNigeriatruedemocrats

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Gboliwe: 2:09am On Jul 14, 2014
I don't like all this new entrants into PDP! Isn't there another party they can troop to and make a mark?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Curlieweed: 2:29am On Jul 14, 2014
2019 will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 14, 2014
oga oooo... PDP taking over.

20 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by seanet02: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2014
saxywale: oga oooo... PDP taking over.
Taking over for where? Abeg forget this Matagbamole prostitutes? People without any electoral value.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by aryzgreat: 5:59am On Jul 14, 2014
chickens coming home to roost!

APC on d brink!

Odaboooooooooo! APC!

11 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Goddex: 6:07am On Jul 14, 2014
[size=13pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC[/size]

74 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by gramci: 6:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC[/size]

Gbam

52 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Both PDP,and APC are our common enemy,which we all must fight against,any mobility by members from one to another,is like same wine,different bottle..Let's vote for individual,not party.

29 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by bestman09(m): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Waiting for confirmation before commenting
Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by oshyno(m): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2014
What really is happening. Ever since their so called convention there has been mass exoduse of these guyz to PDP.

See what Tinubu has caused. I think d scale has fallen off their eyez but why not go and team up with LP where there is no God Fatherism. I really want to see a very strong opposition, not in d mould of APC though. That APC stinks. What is dat Anyanwu guy(LP chairman))) doing. Why not court these fellows and swell ur party's rank.

I hate d trend this is going- one party state.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by disloman(m): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2014
Which party should we join?PDP?Egbon!O da bi ori yin ti yii.

18 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by mike404(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Yomieluv: Both PDP,and APC are our common enemy,which we all must fight against,any mobility by members from one to another,is like same wine,different bottle..Let's vote for individual,not party.
I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU AS A STRONG BOKOHARII SUPPORTER. NOW WHICH INDIVIDUAL DO YOU WANT US TO VOTE FOR AND UNDER WHICH PARTY ME THINK YOU NO DEY REASON WELLA sad

11 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by koboko69: 7:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Even a toddler knows,feels and can see the massive change that has been happening in Ogun state. I am tired of this kangaroo kind of titles. There are strong indications, there is nothing definite about that.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Adekagood: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2014
Ooose! May the rock of blessing fall on you for that ascertion.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2014
The southwestern rush and join the supporters of APC party thinking it is where their salvation lays now that they have realise that where they left is better than where they rush into they all start coming back in groups not one after the other. We shall all watch out how PDP will reclaim southwest.

18 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Clerverly: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2014
oshyno: What really is happening. Ever since their so called convention there has been mass exoduse of these guyz to PDP.

See what Tinubu has caused. I think d scale has fallen off their eyez but why not go and team up with LP where there is no God Fatherism. I really want to see a very strong opposition, not in d mould of APC though. That APC stinks. What is dat Anyanwu guy(LP chairman))) doing. Why not court these fellows and swell ur party's rank.

Even if they defected, it will be no loss to the APC. Defection and counter defection is not unexpected after a major convention like the one APC just had. Why not wait for the PDP to conduct their own primaries, and let's examine the outcome? PDP is an evil party, no clean person wants to associate with!

6 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Clerverly: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2014
oshyno: What really is happening. Ever since their so called convention there has been mass exoduse of these guyz to PDP.

There is nothing like one Party system! 2015 will definitely clear your eyes! Let PDP have their primaries first. I have said it before, 2015 would be all man to your state, jonathan would be fighting alone, governors would be fighting their battle! There won't enough soldiers to go round the states. Think the outcome!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by DeLaRue: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2014
PDP using our stolen money to induce opposition legislators to cause chaos in their party, even in a State like Ogun where the Governor appears to be doing very well, and some people are rejoicing. Adamawa, Edo, now, Ogun.

You people want a one-party political system where PDP is the only party in the country?

I notice also, it's people from the East that are quick to pop the champagne and open these threads in celebration.

So what happens when a Hausa PDP President comes into power and start abusing that power the way the present government does?

This gangster politics does not benefit the common people.

It is important and beneficial to us all to have a strong opposition party.

27 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2014
mike404: I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU AS A STRONG BOKOHARII SUPPORTER. NOW WHICH INDIVIDUAL DO YOU WANT US TO VOTE FOR AND UNDER WHICH PARTY ME THINK YOU NO DEY REASON WELLA sad
I don't banter words with riff-raff. #ignored#.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by oshyno(m): 8:52am On Jul 14, 2014
Clerverly:

There is nothing like one Party system! 2015 will definitely clear your eyes! Let PDP have their primaries first. I have said it before, 2015 would be all man to your state, jonathan would be fighting alone, governors would be fighting their battle! There won't enough soldiers to go round the states. Think the outcome!

Is like u just got into Nigeria political space. Lolz at ur imagined disintegration of PDP after d primaries.

Let me break it down 4u: from the get go outcome of who becomes what in PDP are always predetermined.
By dat I mean d contenders must hv positioned themselves soo well with firm grip of the party structure at his disposal b4 d primaries. 80% of most contenders know they r going to be victorious even b4 d primaries and mind u PDP has d largest party structure. Soo d loser wud rather stick around n be compasated with an appointment dan go waste money on anoda party with less or no structure in his place.

Is like u saying GEJ will nt get d PDP ticket to fly d flag. PDP primaries is d politics ur experiencing right now. Allignment n positioning of party faithfuls at strategic places. Garit ?

13 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
DeLaRue:
PDP using our stolen money to induce opposition legislators to cause chaos in their party, even in a State like Ogun where the Governor appears to be doing very well, and some people are rejoicing. Adamawa, Edo, now, Ogun.

You people want a one-party political system where PDP is the only party in the country?

I notice also, it's people from the East that are quick to pop the champagne and open these threads in celebration.

So what happens when a Hausa PDP President comes into power and start abusing that power the way the present government does?

This gangster politics does not benefit the common people.

It is important and beneficial to us all to have a strong opposition party.

apc is worse than pdp.
check the debt profile of apc states.
tax is another issue

13 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2014

Dude, good morning, just know that PDP/APGA/LP are one (so close together)
@OP, that guy should not call it G-13 yet, the numbers are still coming in. This was what I said earlier that the apc might just lose their states whilst busy chasing shadows @ the Central. Ekiti is gone, Osun will soon go, Adamawa is almost there, Kwara, Ogun and Oyo on the brink, and Gidi might soon go once Fashola is off.
Welcome guys, GEJ till 2019
God Bless Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by DeLaRue: 9:14am On Jul 14, 2014
patmaine:

apc is worse than pdp.
check the debt profile of apc states.
tax is another issue

On one hand we say states should reduce over-dependence on niger delta oil. But we also don't want them to tax! How is that going to work.

On debt profile, what's important is whether the debt is sustainable and is it used for tangible projects.

We know PDP states are favoured by Gej in terms of Federal projects - GEJ said this himself on a number of occasions. This means APC states probably have to borrow more to fill the void created by lack of Federal presence.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by justi4jesu(f): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2014

Seconded smiley

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by freshness2020: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Wait a minute, ♈όϋ said " 10 lawmakers" ?
Apc is has good as dead in SW!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP by Standard007(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2014
PDP na number 1!!!!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ozekhome Warns Buhari Supporters Against Celebrating Prematurely!!! / NYSC Certificate Forgery: Sack Kemi Adeosun - PDP Tells Buhari / Explosion Rocks Idimu, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.