Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61241 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Oga me, I never c u for my blog oh nd wen u go change dz ur signature. ... lol... i sght u sis Temmytayo oh, I never c u too....
I read yesterday n replied immediately nw abi my comments no appear?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
D9ty7 is at it again..
following patiently...... loving it already... wink
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by ron5ke: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
D9ty7: If you guys wouldn't mind checking out this story and correcting me.....tunjilana, oyincute, vizkiz(m), oluwashedy, ron5ke, Evanscoth(f), biggiyke(m), pwettytemmy(f), Oluwafunmilayo95(f), inaruke, DOWHILE, kaboninc(m), geedeex2(m), JigsawKillah(m), chuks000(m), 01emek, pmc01(m), D9ty7(m), CARLISTO77(m), Kaymania
Alright sir
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Missuniverse i dey see you in HD o....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by missuniverse(f): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
D9ty7: Missuniverse i dey see you in HD o....
i see u too
Gud afternoon Sir
Following
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
D9ty7: I want to call on my friends who have been with me through thick and thin. When I debuted my story writing career here they accepted me even though I wrote rubbish and gradually I became a better writer and they(the readers) became a better critic.
I'll start from writers who started before me.
The rock555, Temitope Daniel, Queen xstar, Kingzpen.
Those who came after me.
Stefikal, Flakkydagirl, Elantracey, Noble4d.
And the important readers of my stories.
LogoDWhiz, Walewunmi, Hameenat94(even tho she no longer reads my story), dammygoody, Timothy3113, Mohammed11, Mikkyphaton, Kingphilip, Yemlizzy, Lorlaahlozz, Snowprincee, Tapout, Habenz, Aisha, Uthman51, Labaski, PrinceAdepoju, Balley, Temmytayo20, Jaywonluv, Danpersie31, Tohero, Horpybabe, Domido, Bishopkay, Baba ireti, Sexy sapphire, Haybeeb, Omotolaray, Melancholy, Beckytee, Ormorlehwah, Sangarara, Chyluv1000, handmaid, ohibenema, reallysure, ogogoro92 and others whom I don't have their name in writing.
D9ty7 is kickstarting another story am sure you don't wanna miss out.

Wow. I feel honoured.. Well done boss..
Ride on..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
@d9ty7. I'm really enjoying your story..

Can u edit the title of the story? If yes..
Please change 'hunting' to 'haunting'.. Ride on bro
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Melancholy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
D9ty7: I want to call on my friends who have been with me through thick and thin. When I debuted my story writing career here they accepted me even though I wrote rubbish and gradually I became a better writer and they(the readers) became a better critic.
Those who came after me.
LogoDWhiz, Walewunmi, Hameenat94(even tho she no longer reads my story), dammygoody, Timothy3113, Mohammed11, Mikkyphaton, Kingphilip, Yemlizzy, Lorlaahlozz, Snowprincee, Tapout, Habenz, Aisha, Uthman51, Labaski, PrinceAdepoju, Balley, Temmytayo20, Jaywonluv, Danpersie31, Tohero, Horpybabe, Domido, Bishopkay, Baba ireti, Sexy sapphire, Haybeeb, Omotolaray, Melancholy, Beckytee, Ormorlehwah, Sangarara, Chyluv1000, handmaid, ohibenema, reallysure, ogogoro92 and others whom I don't have their name in writing.
Am always at standby even when i move round the region.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Melancholy, Beckytee, Ormorlehwah, Sangarara, Chyluv1000, and others whom I don't have their name in writing.
Thanks dear. Ride On..........
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
I hope i'm not too late.......

The boss himself is at work again..........
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Those who came after me.

always with u bro
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
@Kingphilip- am glad you honoured your boy's invitation.
@Flakkydagirl- I started this to try something new. Hope you'll be till the very end sha?
@uthman51- I just don't knw why I respect you this much. You've always got ma back.
@Melancholy- I sight u o.
@LogoDWhiz- Thanks for the correction. We can always work together.
@Ron5ke- Glad you came.
@Dammygoody- No be me o, na God o.
@Missuniverse- Welcome ma'am.
@Walewumi- I sight you viewing in HD. Lemme see if you won't correct my errors.
Thank you all for honouring my invitation by viewing and commenting on this infant thread. Do join me tomorrow for fresh updates.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
I don land boss mi sir
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by walewunmi(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Well well where wud I start,first off I saw d9ty7 comment now and I cudnt help bt cheesy....u sef don know say I'm always controversial lool b4 I start correcting...
I rily must commend u d9ty7 moving away from all dose crime and gun related story and giving us a totally different view of ur talent writing dis luvly fiction...I'm feeling u already...sumtin just tells me I'm gonna enjoy dis story just like I enjoyed #teenage love#
Lately av not bin on nairaland dat much (well since d data loss most of all d stories I was following just vanish like pafuka) and now dat my school has called of its strike I'm gonna be rily scarce bt nevadless wud still chek up on d thread once I cum online.
Ehen lemme do wat I know ow to do best,from d prologue I realised u made a mistake #its CAR ASSEMBLING PLANT not point# pls take note...u made sum typos too as d oda guys has pointed out asides dat notin rily worth mentioning...bt overall I wud give u a 70%...pls dear impress me!!!nice work bro...#following#grin
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2014
D9ty7: @DOWHILE: Am glad you showed up. You can correct my mistakes and tell me how I can improve.
@Kaymania: Thanks for coming on board sir.

you are welcome bro...you are really trying...you can win Sammy Hoe's award on (best writer)..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by hollermie: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] its really obvious that Nigerian. Youth are blessed all we need is the right motivation.

Nice story, keep it up
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Timothy3113(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2014
It is my pleasure being here. Evwn thoug a late
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2014
Gud morning guys hope y'all had a nice night rest? Updates resumes today.
@hollermie- I appreciate you sir.
@Timothy3113- You're welcome.
@Walewumi- That's one of the reasons why I call you da best.
@Kaymania- Thanks sire.

2 Likes

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
D9ty7 will update o but that 'll be after I must have charged.
In other news who deleted my uc browser?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by walewunmi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
D9ty7: D9ty7 will update o but that 'll be after I must have charged.
In other news who deleted my uc browser?
Wait oh,lemme ask IFA!!!grin
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
@d9ty7.
OK boss, ride on..

In other news, we your fans, are waiting for today's update o. Don't keep us too long.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Timothy3113(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Haa oga y nw. No do us lyk dis o, i beg cum update nw
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
D9ty7: Gud morning guys hope y'all had a nice night rest? Updates resumes today.
@hollermie- I appreciate you sir.
@Timothy3113- You're welcome.
@Walewumi- That's one of the reasons why I call you da best.
@Kaymania- Thanks sire.

*more updates*
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
What a bad way to start a story. Am sorry for not updating yesterday.
Updates for today starts immediately.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2014
D9ty7: What a bad way to start a story. Am sorry for not updating yesterday.
Updates for today starts immediately.

alright sir
good morning

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2014
--continuation--
Tina Walked into the parking lot of T.D.G.C in the closing hour even though she had no car but the closest route to the main gate is the way from the parking lot. She was excited that her first day at work went well and she has been able to estblish relationships with Lola, her secretary, Clement, her immediate boss i.e the manager of her department and Oyin, Clement's secretary. She hoped the following day would be better than her first day. She was hopeful that she'll meet the CEO finally on the second day.
"Tina." Clement called.
She recognised his deep rich baritone voice anywhere. She turned back to see him smiling.
"Lemme give you a ride since you don't have a car." He said with pride as he pointed his finger to a wine coloured Nissan Murano.
She thought to herself for a few seconds without moving.
"Hey! Its just and harmless ride. We're friends aren't we?" he said this time he had walked to where she was and was holding her hand.
"Thank you very much. But am not going your way." She said hoping he'll give up.
"You are not going my way. Do you know where I live?" He asked.
She snatched her hands from his and walked away from where he was. She was suprised that he didn't call her back.
"Maybe it is just a friendly ride. He might not be interested in me." she thought to herself as she walked towards the security post where different sets of security men were seated. They worked in shift, a different set worked in the morning till 4:30pm the closing time and a different set take over from 5pm when the handing over takes place till 6:30am.
"Good night madam." The man who opened the small gate said and Tina nodded her head while smiling as she exited the building.
She waited for the next five minutes outside the gate and no cab came around. She was starting to grow impatient when a mercedez benz parked beside her. The window at the owner's corner was opened revealing a woman in her late fifties.
"Do you mind if I give you a ride miss Tina?" The woman asked.
"Not at all ma." She replied as the passenger door in front was opened. She hopped in and sat down beside the driver.
She tried to place the woman's face but she couldn't fathom where they had met. She was sure the car came out through the company's gate which means she is also an employee there.
"So how's your first day at work?" The woman asked.
"It wasn't bad ma." she replied.
"My name is Mrs Victoria Cole." The woman introduced.
Now she got it, she was the vice chairman of the Interview Panel.
"Its nice to meet you ma." She said.
"The pleasure is mine. Call me Vicky." Madam Cole said.
The journey continued amidst chatter. Tina got to know more about the CEO of the company. At the end of the journey when she got to her destination she had known at least seventy percent about the company, the staff, the discipline, the societal activities and etcetera.
"See you tomorrow." Victoria said.
"Bye Ma" She said forgetfully.
"Am Vicky." Madam Cole corrected.
Tina smiled as she got out of the car and crossed to the other side of the road.
--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2014
nice story u v gt here...following like kilode....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Nice one here,please ride on.....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Nice one here,please ride on.....
Please where's Rebecca nw she's keeping us all waiting

BTW D9ty7 ride on boss Hope Tina enjoys ha stay in da company
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by chade(f): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Am gonna love dis #subscribing#
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
keep it up bro
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ride on boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Naija Love Rhymes For Valentine / Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ / Nephilim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.