Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast (4211 Views)

$2.1b. How Much Has So Far Been Recovered / Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Ikwokrikwo: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2014
The Lagos State Council of Arewa Chiefs on Saturday confirmed that the June 25 blasts at Apapa were indeed bomb attacks masterminded by Boko Haram. The Sarkin Hausawa of Lagos State and chairman of the council, Alhaji Sani Kabir, said the police had confirmed that the Apapa explosions were actually bomb blasts and that 7,000 northerners had been arrested by the police in Lagos over the incident. .........
The leader of the Hausa community in Lagos at the briefing on Saturday warned all Hausa people in the state to be law-abiding and not to do anything that would strain the relationship the Hausas and Yoruba had enjoyed in the state. Kabir said the council had met with several monarchs and local government authorities on the issue. He urged his members to stop sleeping in mosques, abandoned buildings and under the bridges as the security situation in the country had become volatile. Kabir said any of his members accused of terrorism by security agencies would be immediately handed over to the police and would not be shielded. He also advised all northerners in the state to register with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency so that the government could have their data. When asked if it was only northerners that were involved in terrorism in Lagos, he said “Just like you rightly observed two weeks ago, security agencies, particularly the police, under the leadership of the CP, invited us for an interactive session. Actually, we raised the same question to the police why they are only inviting people from the North. “Prior to the meeting, there had been indiscriminate arrest of northerners. At the last count it was more than 7,000. It was as a result of the incessant arrest that we leaders of Arewa demanded an explanation for the arrest of northerners. “Security agencies got information from within the community that we have influx of people coming from the North. But what is important is that after the meeting with security agencies, in order to prevent further stigmatisation of the Northern community, we met with council of obas, baales, LCDA and we let them know it was not a northern problem alone but a general problem.” He urged the Federal Government to negotiate with terrorists as military approach alone could not solve terrorism. About a year ago, a suspected Boko Haram member from Chad was arrested by security agencies in Lagos. During a military raid on March 21, 2013, soldiers ransacked a building on Aromire Street in Ijora, where one of the arrested persons, Ibrahim Musa, was occupying five rooms. A bomb kept in a cooler and hidden inside the ceiling of one of the rooms in Musa’s apartment was recovered by the soldiers. Other items found were AK-47 rifles, cartridges and daggers.
www.punchng.com/news/bharam-leader-i-ordered-apapa-lagos-bombing/
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Iykopee(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2014
7,000 northerners had been arrested by the police in Lagos over the incident.

How come nobody is saying that the Lagos state Govt arrested 7000 Northerners just because they are suspected bokoharam, a drama that played out in Abia state where the Nigerian military arrested 486 northerners as bokoharam suspects?

16 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Since it has been proven to be bomb blast,then why did the authority down played it to be just ordinary explosion,they should have come out clean,so preventive measure can be taken by the public...Boko haram should stick to their grip,which is the North,any attempt to replicate what they are doing there,would make Afghanistan looks like paradise.

3 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2014
This News will make sense IF the Sarkin guy Specifically state which of the Security Agencies made the Arrest and where were/are the arrested people kept. This news is akin to beer parlor gossips. I have not heard of such arrest in Apapa of all places. Majority of Motorcycle operators in Apapa are Northerners. Majority of Truck Drivers are Northerners. Majority of Military foot soldiers Guys in APapa are Northerners. At least residents and commuters should know when such arrest was carried out as it is impossible to arrest 7k people in just one day. I am sure it will be in batches.

This News defies logic and common sense.

However, if this news is true, then it is utterly condemnable, a shame and infringement on the right of the detainees

BTW: No Official Report yet to prove it was a bomb blast. Neither from the Lagos State Govt, Federal Government, Apapa Local Govt, the Police Force, Military Nor DSS.

4 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Donmarrius: 9:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Where are those Southwest morons,shouting ethnic profiling,in the case of Abia and Imo arrest and documentation?.

You people irritates characterwise,and intellectually.

I hate hypocrites!
I hate cowards!.

21 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Tallesty1(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Only In Nigeria.........
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Donmarrius: Where are those Southwest morons,shouting ethnic profiling,in the case of Abia and Imo arrest and documentation?.

You people irritates characterwise,and intellectually.

I hate hypocrites!
I hate cowards
!.

Yorubas are cowards and slaves to the North, .... they should have waited BH to blow up the whole lagos,

18 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by ikeyman00(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2014
@@@

this is just the beginning

typical South West people

some of them in nl even denied the report that there was no bomb by boko -oduduwa fulani-hausa brothers in the first place

but here we are;

yeye and bitter haterz

once again the super OPC is caught sleeping!

7 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by ikeyman00(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2014
@@@

barcanista(m): 9:39am

This News will make sense IF the Sarkin guy Specifically state which of the Security Agencies made the Arrest and where were/are the arrested people kept. This news is akin to beer parlor gossips. I have not heard of such arrest in Apapa of all places. Majority of Motorcycle operators in Apapa are Northerners. Majority of Truck Drivers are Northerners. Majority of Military foot soldiers Guys in APapa are Northerners. At least residents and commuters should know when such arrest was carried out as it is impossible to arrest 7k people in just one day. I am sure it will be in batches.

This News defies logic and common sense.

BTW: No Official Report yet to prove it was a bomb blast. Neither from the Lagos State Govt, Federal Government, Apapa Local Govt, the Police Force, Military Nor DSS.

dnt waste your talent in nl; u could be a real comedian

8 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

Respond to the points I raised because you have made no sense.

Do u live in Lagos?

BTW: I am not holding brief for anyone just an independent view

2 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by PointB: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
I also like to listen to Yorubas condemn this massive arrest as ethnic profiling of Northerners the same way they branded the arrest conducted by the security agencies in Abia. I want to see their vociferous condemnation of their leaders for this barbaric arrest of innocent Northerners who happen to reside in Yorubad land!

15 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by C0llynzO2: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2014
PointB: I also like to listen to Yorubas condemn this massive arrest as ethnic profiling of Northerners the same way they branded the arrest conducted by the security agencies in Abia. I want to see their vociferous condemnation of their leaders for this barbaric arrest of innocent Northerners happen to reside in Yorubad land!
No chance of the hypocrites saying anything man.

13 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by arewafederation: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
Some should tell us how 7000 innocent northerners were arrested without generating a single reaction from appropiate quarters. I don't believe this news. These are lies by 'donkey consumers' to create the impression that ethnic profiling is not only carried out in the east.
Please, punch should tell us another lie.

3 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by C0llynzO2: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2014
arewafederation: Some should tell us how 7000 innocent northerners were arrested without generating a single reaction from appropiate quarters. I don't believe this news. These are lies by 'donkey consumers' to create the impression that ethnic profiling is not only carried out in the east.
Please, punch should tell us another lie.
Typical Yoruba man.
Frow arewamnation to arewafederation, if you like carry arewanationality as your username, by your posts we shall know you for whom you are.

6 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by arewafederation: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
C0llynzO2:
Typical Yoruba man.
Frow arewamnation to arewafederation, if you like carry arewanationality as your username, by your posts we shall know you for whom you are.

Good morning grin
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by PointB: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2014
C0llynzO2:
No chance of the hypocrites saying anything man.

I believe such hypocrisy can only be a product of years of cowering in cowardice! Too bad

8 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by saintikechi(m): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Why d cover up?
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by ChinoElects: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2014
Why are yolobass arresting and harassing innocent northerners?

Yolobass will pay dearly for this nonsense!

12 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Faun(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2014
When just 486 Northerners were barred from coming into the East, here's a post made by a savage, inbred Yoruba:

lakhadimar: Continue to support ethnic profiling. You ibos would feel the pain more when you start getting served with the same bitter pills with which you feed others now

FYI, there are more ibos in Kano state alone than they are Hausas in whole of the south east.
https://www.nairaland.com/1803769/more-northerners-detained-fresh-abia#24534230

But look what we have here. 7000 Northerners arrested without warrant, and none of these coneheaded hypocrites go get mouth to talk.
When I say Yorubas are the lowest of the low in the human race, people go think say I dey para. Thank God I wasn't born into such a useless race.

25 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Brimmie(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by eunisam: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2014
it seems every Northener is a potential terrorist

1 Like

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Antivirus92(m): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2014
Why is South West arresting and harrassing innocent northeners??. Nigeria belong to all of us irrespective of tribe/religion.

Lest i forget......i thought it was a knockout/banger that blasted and not a bomb. Or maybe it was some cele church members clapping and it sounded like a blast!

6 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by obeski13(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
How can people be so gulible to believe 7000 hausas will be arrested in a swoop.where would they keep them.maybe they want to say 700.

3 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

That guy na confirmed halfwit. He posts before he thinks. Just mark his handle and watch his post pattern from now on.
He suffers from a need to just type something. It may be because of boredom or he has some kind of incurable malady. And he is not ashamed of how foolish what he writes makes him look because he is used to being seen as someone who writes senselessly.

4 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by WIZGUY69(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

Yorubas are cowards and slaves to the North, .... they should have waited BH to blow up the whole lagos,
Guy!! you are a foo.l.
you think the yorubas are coward like your lord of war ojukwu? (woman wrapper).
just face your front before i give you E-knock.
ewu.

1 Like

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by WIZGUY69(m): 11:21am On Jul 14, 2014
Antivirus92: Why is South West arresting and harrassing innocent northeners??. Nigeria belong to all of us irrespective of tribe/religion.

Lest i forget......i thought it was a knockout/banger that blasted and not a bomb. Or maybe it was some cele church members clapping and it sounded like a blast!
grin.
NOTE : Don't take this mad.man serious.
Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by C0llynzO2: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2014
obeski13: How can people so gulible to believe 7000 hausa will be arrested in a swoop.where would they keep them.maybe they want to say 700.
Where did the article say they were arrested in one swoop?

2 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Antivirus92(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2014
WIZGUY69:
grin.
NOTE : Don't take this mad.man serious.
but it was what the lagos state govt and the media are trying to make us believe.

3 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2014
It's a thorough bashings for the ngbatis today.

No prob, it's still one nigeria nah. Nothing dey happen, no be today nah.

@ topicc.......Let the security operatives do everything necessary to stop bh activities.

God bless us.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast by Chamack: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2014
7000 Chineke eh just last week,we heard of such in the East, NL yorubas descended on Igbos not knowing that their people are planning such. Question is that, will they condemn their leaders or would they bend it for the leaders as always?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Wike Arrested By Efcc In 2008 For Stealing Over N4bn. / Poster Used In Soliciting Support For Senate Bukola Saraki Goes Viral [PHOTO] / 2019 Election: The Time To Do Away With Old Leaders Is Now ― Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.