Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,035 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball (751 Views)

Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by tolu4you: 10:21am On Jul 14, 2014
Argentina icon Diego Maradona
feels Lionel Messi did not deserve
to win the Golden Ball following
his performances at the World
Cup.
The Barcelona star beat the likes
of Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben and James Rodriguez to the
prestigious individual award after scoring four goals in seven
performances at this summer's tournament and guiding his
team to the final, yet Maradona feels the 27-year-old only
won it for commercial reasons.
"Messi? I would give him heaven if possible," Maradona said
during his show on Telesur.
"But it's not right when someone wins something that he
shouldn't have won just because of some marketing plan."
Maradona then went on to voice his disappointment with
Argentina's 1-0 defeat in Sunday's final against Germany
following Mario Gotze's goal in extra-time.
"I feel sorry for my country. Mario Gotze's goal really hurt.
There's a huge sadness in my heart that we lost the final.
"All things put together, I think Argentina deserved at least
penalties. That Germany won was the result of a
misunderstanding in the Argentine defence."
The 1986 World Cup winner also had his say on Alejandro
Sabella's decision to replace Ezequiel Lavezzi with Sergio
Aguero at half-time and argued that the Argentina boss got
things wrong.
"I don't understand the substitution of Lavezzi. He was
phenomenal down the wing. Kun Aguero didn't have the same
impact. It was not his tournament."
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by tolu4you: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2014
FiFa with their ojoro
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by Segadem(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2014
who no know b4.
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by Segadem(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
tolu4you: FiFa with their ojoro
It's synonymous to them.
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by Dubby6(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Yah..dat Lavezzi sub no go well at all...
dis Maradona sabi talk sha
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by Lordmayorz(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Na Arjen Robben or Muller suppose colet d golden ball
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by tolu4you: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
I still dey wonder oooo...... Robben or Muller
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by SicilyNaija: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
useless messi haters, Bleep all of you mother fucker

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by Hermanie(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
One thing is certain; there are three sets of people in Nigeria that hate Messi's success ; arsenal, real Madrid and probably man u fans and we all know the reason is he has broken their hearts over and over again. But success doesn't lie
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by profbrightuzoma: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
According to maradona he even said it that messi does not deserve the award, said that they gave me for market purpose
Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by lokito: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Wetin Maradona sabi. Person wey my grandmother play ball pass com dey yearn okpata.
Where was he when we start to dey watch match? During Athunder Musa time, wey ball dey pass keeper belle enter post. Wey ball dey change to Lion keeper go run comot for post. Wey india use jazz give Nigeria 99-1.

Dey there dey talk thrash after using hand to score almost all the goals for him career. Take cocaine finish begin run for field like mad man, people go dey hail am

Abeg joor i'm high this afternoon

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Messi Didn't Deserve Golden Ball by cocoduck: 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hermanie: One thing is certain; there are three sets of people in Nigeria that hate Messi's success ; arsenal, real Madrid and probably man u fans and we all know the reason is he has broken their hearts over and over again. But success doesn't lie
Nonsense. does Thomas muller or robben or James rodriguez play for Manchester united? come on Thomas muller had more impact, played better and was more consistent than messi. That award is Thomas muller's but since messi is more facially handsome than muller he got the award. even take a look at messi's face you will understand that he understands that he did not merrit the award

SMH for fifa mafia.

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Complete Toni Kroos Deal / Nigeria Vs Germany: Women Wc U-20 Final Live (0 - 0) --> / Chelsea Eye Talisca, Liverpool Bid Benzema, Ronaldo May Return To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.