Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (129299 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means / Goat Farming In Nigeria... Is It For You??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2020
[quote author=aaaazq post=89096003][/quote]

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2020
Ade3131:
Wow... Such an educative thread. I read from page 1 to 16 and I must confess it's worth the time. I feel breeders should have advanced to the stage of identifying heifers with potential of given birth to 2 set of calf bcuz their multiplication rate is extremely low.

Twinning is more common in dairy cows. I have seen few cases in indigenous beef cattle. And there is freemartinism in twin calves of different sex. Although its more beneficial to beef production. To make beef cattle farming profitable in this part of the world, farms need to focus more on the 'little milk' the beef cows have to offer. The sales of milk and it's products would cater for the farm's running cost while the yearly calf sales would be the profit...IMO

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
aaaazq:

Twinning is more common in dairy cows. I have seen few cases in indigenous beef cattle. And there is freemartinism in twin calves of different sex. Although its more beneficial to beef production. To make beef cattle farming profitable in this part of the world, farms need to focus more on the 'little milk' the beef cows have to offer. The sales of milk and it's products would cater for the farm's running cost while the yearly calf sales would be the profit...IMO
seen a few twin birth too but the issue of sterility in twin of different sex is a great concern (freemartin)I feel dairy farming will be more profitable on a micro scale (5 cows or less) especially in you live where the milk can be easily marketed ( Abuja and environs,kd and environs,Kano etc)I noticed most of the nunu (fermented milk) sold in Abuja is made from powdered milk. And usually not creamy, yoghurt is even worse.if someone can capture a small part part of this market, money can be made

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Strech(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Musty112: 5:47pm On May 02, 2020
To know everything there is to know about goat from practical goat farmers, go on telegram and search *Goatbauernhof* on telegram. Thank me later
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 6:53pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=felixzo1 post=89103666] seen a few twin birth too but the issue of sterility in twin of different sex is a great concern (freemartin)I feel dairy farming will be more profitable on a micro scale (5 cows or less) especially in you live where the milk can be easily marketed ( Abuja and environs,kd and environs,Kano etc)I noticed most of the nunu (fermented milk) sold in Abuja is made from powdered milk. And usually not creamy, yoghurt is even worse.if someone can capture a small part part of this market, money can be made.

Dairy farming is still at infancy in Nigeria. African countries like Kenya have gone far in annexing the potential of this industry. The reality is, the high producing breeds like Holstein, jersey and Guernsey are expensive though if properly managed, the investment would be worth it. Holstein is the highest producing breed with an average of 40 litres of milk per cow per day on a 305 days lactation period, although the milk production may be lower in the tropical region like sub Sahara Africa where u get 18-30litres. The milk solid of this breed is however lower to that of new jersey.
Also, the awareness of the health benefits of raw and pasteurized milk need to be emphasized. You are absolutely correct. You can't compare a yoghurt made with fresh milk to the one made with powdered milk. The creamy taste with no sweetener. Fresh milk is also the best for Greek yoghurt.
Also, a farmer can get a pure bull of any of those breeds for gradual improvement of the milk production of his herd . This can be done to improve the beef quantity and quality by get getting a fast growing beef bull/quote]

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2020
a week old friesian heifer calf

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2020
suggest a name

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 3:00pm On May 06, 2020
taking milk of 10% of her bodyweight per day

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2020
aaaazq:
taking milk of 10% of her bodyweight per day
thanks for the good work.how much is a a litre of unpasteurised fresh milk sold in your location

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Bodex2000(m): 8:56pm On May 09, 2020
Pls update thread smiley
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by debeey87(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2020
The pictures are from July 2019 when we bought the 4 of them for for beef rearing. Can anyone identify their names

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by debeey87(m): 8:31pm On May 11, 2020
April 2020 with solid support and supervision from a trusted friend

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Liadi2(m): 10:03pm On May 11, 2020
Please share how did you feed them? What did you feed them and more so are the intensive rear or semi intensive rear please share more information with us boss
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2020
debeey87:
The pictures are from July 2019 when we bought the 4 of them for for beef rearing. Can anyone identify their names
gudali
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2020
felixzo1:
thanks for the good work.how much is a a litre of unpasteurised fresh milk sold in your location

#600/litre.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2020
debeey87:

one pure bokolo
others are cross -bijei
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 7:35pm On May 13, 2020
aaaazq:

#600/litre.
please I meant farm gate price not retail price
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Jawn(m): 1:58am On May 23, 2020
felixzo1:
please I meant farm gate price not retail price
Mr Felix thanks
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by olaide68(m): 1:55pm On May 23, 2020
opeyemix:
Bring back this thread
Bring this thread
How do you sell the seed?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by olaide68(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2020
spinna:
Pasture establishment is an essential part of if not the most important cattle farming. I am happy to announce that i have Brachiaria grass seeds available for purchase.

Once you plant this seed you will have a lush pasture high in protein and drought resistant..excellent for hay and silage and fast growing..also not scratchy but feathery

If you dont believe me go and ask google about Brachiaria.

These seeds are rare, thats why im deciding to share. We need to do cattle biz the right way.

Make the best use of your land by planting Brachiaria on it .. after that it will be there for over 10 years if properly maintained.
How do you sell the seed sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by spinna: 9:18am On May 24, 2020
olaide68:
How do you sell the seed sir?

pls call me sir, lets not derail another's thread
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Sunday66: 10:39am On May 24, 2020
debeey87:
April 2020 with solid support and supervision from a trusted friend

Pls tell us more
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by opeyemix: 2:30pm On May 25, 2020
Join the group by removing the + sign or dropping your number

https:+//chat.+whats+app.+com/+

IQIXEIAcByg2ziiFPGVRqc
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by skylane: 11:46pm On May 26, 2020
opeyemix:

IQIXEIAcByg2ziiFPGVRqc
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Volat101: 11:32pm On May 29, 2020
This is one of Kalawad buck; cross between Kalahari and West Africa Dwarf. Improving our local breed for optimum Hybrid is our priority.

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by gamargu(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2020
Volat101:
This is one of Kalawad buck; cross between Kalahari and West Africa Dwarf. Improving our local breed for optimum Hybrid is our priority.
That is a magnificent looking Goat are you selling ne
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Volat101: 8:22am On May 31, 2020
gamargu:

That is a magnificent looking Goat are you selling ne

We've sold some and some will be ready for sales in few weeks
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by gamargu(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
Volat101:

We've sold some and some will be ready for sales in few weeks
How much for a pair ?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Volat101: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
gamargu:

How much for a pair ?

The price of the crossbreed buck or doe depends on the age and sex.

U can chat me up on 08064858951
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by babalolaadebayor(m): 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
opeyemix:

IQIXEIAcByg2ziiFPGVRqc
PLEASE ADD ME 08141220527

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers / Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.