Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (129329 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means / Goat Farming In Nigeria... Is It For You??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Stardiamond: 3:05am On Oct 08, 2017
kindly add me to the cattle group. 0 8
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by wengerman: 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
add me to the cattle group 08050761678
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 15, 2017
"Does Hydroponic Forage Production Make Sense?"
http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=11721

FarmTech:

I've once come across scientific papers that says it's not effective.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by mdfash(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2017
Please add me to the cattle group Whatsapp +13472176175.

I am setting up new farm near Epe and I want to buy large quantity of cattle, goats and sheep.
Could anyone please advise on how I can procure the animals?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2017
the current WhatsApp group is full, for further inquiries sent a mail to talk2fanen@gmail.com
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2017
mdfash:
Please add me to the cattle group Whatsapp +13472176175.

I am setting up new farm near Epe and I want to buy large quantity of cattle, goats and sheep.
Could anyone please advise on how I can procure the animals?
sent a mail to talk2fanen@gmail. com.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by faridpac2: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2017
nice thread
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by FarmTech(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
namet:
"Does Hydroponic Forage Production Make Sense?"
http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=11721

Yes that's the link. I was excited when I came across hydroponic fodder until I read that article. Hydroponic fodder is a waste of time and resources.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Vish1986: 3:23am On Nov 30, 2017
Please add my whatsapp numb to the cattle farming group..+60175808503
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by mariamadenle(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2017
please add me am interested in Cattle Fattening in Oyo state 08105088418
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Aquariann: 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
felixzo1:
the current WhatsApp group is full, for further inquiries sent a mail to talk2fanen@gmail.com

Good day sir. I sent you a mail using the above email while enquiring about Dairy farming in Nigeria earlier today. Don't know if you got the mail. I also want to ask if you can provide an alternative means to reach you. Like phone number or something.

Thanks.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Aquariann:

Good day sir. I sent you a mail using the above email while enquiring about Dairy farming in Nigeria earlier today. Don't know if you got the mail. I also want to ask if you can provide an alternative means to reach you. Like phone number or something.

Thanks.
i replied your mail
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Aquariann: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
felixzo1:
i replied your mail

Wow... I'm so sorry. The mail has been there since morning and the second one you just sent. Didn't take note of it.

Thanks
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by RayNbone(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
what will be the present prize of a 15 months cow?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by t00dugged(f): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
Found this thread on time, a friend of mine is planning on setting up a ranch, I think this thread will be very helpful
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Liadi2(m): 6:22am On Feb 19, 2018
Pls the admin should create a telegram group so that it can accommodate everyone of us then we can ask questions in the group and lias with people if we want to buy from far places pls sir we need ur help on this. This won't affect anyone on whatapp already just to accommodate everyone I can create it if u give the go ahead then I will share the link here for everyone to port in. Thanks waiting for ur response.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by PoWConsulting: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2018
THE BIGGEST AGRIBUSINESS PROMO IN NIGERIA IS HERE AGAIN!!!

Purchase 5 IN 1 Business Manual and Get 1 Business Plan for FREE at the Cheapest and Affordable Price Ever!!!

This is for the Youths, Employed, Unemployed, Underemployed, Civil servants, Artisans and ALL NIGERIANS. Pay-Less-Get-More... Become self employed today!

The 5 IN 1 Business Manual contains:
1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

Another 5 IN 1 Business Manual contains: Cassava processing into Gari, Odourless Fufu Flour, High Quality Cassava Flour, Industrial Cassava Starch, and Adhesives from Cassava Starch

Purchase the 5 IN 1 Manual and Get 1 of these Business Plans for FREE!!!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Production, Preservation and Packaging of Instant Plantain Flour, Non Instant Yam Flour, and Beans Flour. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Broilers Production and Table Egg Production

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by lanre2009: 6:25am On Apr 25, 2018
To all the experts in the house, will you be kind enough to enlighten us on the commercial gain of raising boer goats in Nigeria....Thanks

cc: felixzo1, GGFADAR
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by chriswu(m): 1:34am On Jun 27, 2018
I did just that. Hopefully my male kids will go fast. Really affordable
felixzo1:

Starting a goat farm

This strategy will work for a person staying in a small town or in a village or, anyone who has access to natural pastures and a good security around his farm/house. This method is stall feeding / semi intensive. A first of all the area of 1 acre should be fence to prevent thieves and intruders, (bad belle people and saboteur) if blocks are used for the fence it will be more expensive, wooden fence or a wire mesh fence will work out cheaper. The capacity of the goat house should will vary, according to your stocking capacity, (bear in mind that in 2 years each goat will have 6 kids at least) so when you are starting with 10 matured doe (female goats) you should build a structure capable of housing 60 goats, so as not to have to build a new structure every year. The structure should have a platform especially if you stay in high rainfall areas. (See attached photos for samples) the idea is to gradually upgrade the genetic of our local breed to standard size goats (crossbreeding) for profitability. Bear in mind keeping only local goat will not be profitable in a commercial goat farm (cost of maintenance, management, feeding, housing) the strategy involves get a matured female local goats (Nigerian dwarf, sokoto red etc) that has kidded at least twice and has reached a fully matured body size and weight (this is to prevent kidding problems due to huge kids) and crossing it with a buck (male goat) of 50%boargoat/local breed. The offspring of your local goats will be 25%boargoats/75% boar goats. (This crosses breeding will be done systematically until you reach pure breed status which is above 6 years. Contact me for more information on this if interested) for example if you started with 10 local female goats and one crossbred male goat( upgrading accordingly, keeping all the female goats and selling the males only and always using higher genetics for each offspring) by the 7th or 8th year under good management. You will have more than 500 pure exotic breed goats capable of weighing a 100kg ( selling above 50,000 each) each. Please note that success comes with planning, patience and focus. ( this is a challenge to all the unemployed youths, you can start with just 5 female goats and grow)
Questions and comments are welcome. If will give more information if asked. My next write up will be on feeding in stall fed goats and management. And how to get a loan from bank of Agriculture for your start up a farm.

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by chriswu(m): 2:10am On Jun 27, 2018
Did Sebore farm reply you?
felixzo1:
i know sebore farms has the pure boer breed, for cross breeds i have to ask them first, some comercial goat farms in the north too we have, it is a matter of investigating
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by chriswu(m): 2:29am On Jun 27, 2018
Are there large ruminant farmers in Imo state?
FarmTech:

When will this program be starting?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2018
chriswu:
Are there large ruminant farmers in Imo state?
I got your email, and have replied you.how are your goats adapting to change in environment from the north to IMO state. I had a bad experience trying to set up a goat farm in the East with northern breeds, most of them could not survive after a couple of months , diarrhea was rampant. adapting to a new feed apart from the dry grass they were use to was a problem. grasses in the East had too most moisture the goats could handle, higher humidity was also a challenge, this was noticed in the way they breathed and a lot of respiratory diseases.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by chriswu(m): 1:43am On Jun 30, 2018
I am from Imo but my goats are coming to Badagry and the South West areas. Will get pure boers once the farm is setup. For now ill stick with hybrids.
felixzo1:
I got your email, and have replied you.how are your goats adapting to change in environment from the north to IMO state. I had a bad experience trying to set up a goat farm in the East with northern breeds, most of them could not survive after a couple of months , diarrhea was rampant. adapting to a new feed apart from the dry grass they were use to was a problem. grasses in the East had too most moisture the goats could handle, higher humidity was also a challenge, this was noticed in the way they breathed and a lot of respiratory diseases.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by AdeyemiJacob(m): 6:29am On Jun 30, 2018
Dey are not at all
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Teekzel(m): 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
where can i get mid age (rams and sheeps)? not more than 10k
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by mdautos: 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2018
Acres of land suitable 4 farmland 4 sale at 50k per acre in oyo state Ogbomosho, Igbeti road. documents-Original receipt and lawyer agreement signed by the family chief and the king, its free frm all kind of issues and suitable for cashew plantation, maize,cassava etc 07069727219
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by kunleweb: 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by RAPHLIGHT: 11:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
Please add me to the group ( 08161309729) . Howvan I know if my sheep is pregnant Can I know by pressing the teat to confirm if there is liquid flow??
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by jattous: 12:39am On Apr 24, 2019
Please add me to the whaataps group for cattle ranch in Nigeria thanks +1 4036673099
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by imhere: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Call for alfalfa seeds 080 three five 9 six 5405

The rainning season is gradually whinning down, very soon everywhere will become dry. Have you made provision for your livestock? Know this! A well fed animal attracts premium price, festivals are around the corner.
Plant alfalfa seeds now so they can establish before the weather becomes harsh and you will have to do more work to make them grow well.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Abbeyxz: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Can pls add me up on ur WhatsApp group 08057047998

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers / Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.