Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (129305 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means / Goat Farming In Nigeria... Is It For You??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by blaky007: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
felixzo1:
firstly about the AI go to NAPRi Zaria to their ruminant section, you will be able to get a competent person to synchronize your cows and insiminate them. the price is N15000 for both services but since it is a government facility you could get it cheaper

Cool.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by blaky007: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
felixzo1:
I will give you a contact of someone in NVRI Vom, he is very resourceful, he has done insemination for Intergrated Dairies Vom in the past and has done sexed insemination for Nagari farms.

That's nice.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by juri: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
felixzo1:
firstly about the AI go to NAPRi Zaria to their ruminant section, you will be able to get a competent person to synchronize your cows and insiminate them. the price is N15000 for both services but since it is a government facility you could get it cheaper

Good.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by juri: 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
felixzo1:
I will give you a contact of someone in NVRI Vom, he is very resourceful, he has done insemination for Intergrated Dairies Vom in the past and has done sexed insemination for Nagari farms.

Very Very Good.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Tunde800(m): 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
Please I need full breed kahalari goats and Boer goats. Can I get contacts of who sells them In Nigeria?
Thanks I really appreciate For anticipated help
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Volat101: 6:05am On Feb 13, 2020
Tunde800:
Please I need full breed kahalari goats and Boer goats. Can I get contacts of who sells them In Nigeria?
Thanks I really appreciate For anticipated help

We have Pure Kalahari breed on our farm but presently, we are only selling the Kalahari crossbreed for now. You can call or chat me on 08064858951
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by kongaentertain: 4:51am On Feb 15, 2020
Stardiamond:
kindly add me to the cattle group. 0 8 0 6 0 4 3 9 1 4 0

Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group: +19023506644
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by kongaentertain: 4:52am On Feb 15, 2020
mdfash:
Please add me to the cattle group Whatsapp +13472176175.

I am setting up new farm near Epe and I want to buy large quantity of cattle, goats and sheep.
Could anyone please advise on how I can procure the animals?

Did you ever get anyone to answer your questions as per where to get the breeds and also if we could talk about your farm have you started it or not?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Extraordinaire8: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2020
@felixzo1, please I would like to know the feed required for cattle fattening pls
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by spinna: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Pasture establishment is an essential part of if not the most important cattle farming. I am happy to announce that i have Brachiaria grass seeds available for purchase.

Once you plant this seed you will have a lush pasture high in protein and drought resistant..excellent for hay and silage and fast growing..also not scratchy but feathery

If you dont believe me go and ask google about Brachiaria.

These seeds are rare, thats why im deciding to share. We need to do cattle biz the right way.

Make the best use of your land by planting Brachiaria on it .. after that it will be there for over 10 years if properly maintained.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by opeyemix: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bring back this thread
Bring this thread
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by opeyemix: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Oga Felixo abeg come update the thread o
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2020
reactivating the thread

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
friesian bull

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2020
crossbreeding

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2020
British white saying hi

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2020
aaaazq:
friesian bull
thanks for the good work.what is the location,do you have any meat breeeds
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 11:02am On Apr 22, 2020
aaaazq:
British white saying hi
are they pure breeds ,what is the cost of a male
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2020
aaaazq:
crossbreeding
with Which breed
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by opeyemix: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
Oga fleixo plz add more to the whatsapp group abeg
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Liadi2(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please add me 08102229757
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Liadi2:
Please add me 08102229757
there is no active WhatsApp group for now
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by opeyemix: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Any gaot/sheep breeder here?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 2:55am On Apr 24, 2020
felixzo1:
with Which breed

friesian/bokolo, friesian/WF, friesian/BW
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 2:55am On Apr 24, 2020
felixzo1:
are they pure breeds ,what is the cost of a male

yes they are
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 2:59am On Apr 24, 2020
felixzo1:
thanks for the good work.what is the location,do you have any meat breeeds

the British white is a beef cow. she is carrying a friesian/BW foetus. luckily, her calf is a bull. he will be used to improve the genetic potentials of the indigenous breed.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 3:03am On Apr 24, 2020
19 weeks old

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Ade3131: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
aaaazq:
reactivating the thread

Looks very much like a Bokolo..
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Ade3131: 9:25pm On May 01, 2020
Wow... Such an educative thread. I read from page 1 to 16 and I must confess it's worth the time. I feel breeders should have advanced to the stage of identifying heifers with potential of given birth to 2 set of calf bcuz their multiplication rate is extremely low.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by spinna: 10:32am On May 02, 2020
Well done bro do you guys have any full or 1/2 friesian bulls or cows for sale?

To the house: I have brachiaria grass seeds. This grass can support three times more cattle, compared to typical tropical pastures today. The animals also gain weight twice as quickly. Very useful for fattening biz . Call Mr. Seyi 07063463851

Edit: we have imported Marandu cultivars now.. treated seeds of Brachiaria

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2020
Ade3131:
Wow... Such an educative thread. I read from page 1 to 16 and I must confess it's worth the time. I feel breeders should have advanced to the stage of identifying heifers with potential of given birth to 2 set of calf bcuz their multiplication rate is extremely low.

first pic: a bokolo calf with deeper body, loose skin under the belly and the broad hump

2nd pic: British white calf firm body no hump, no loose skin beneath. though they both have dewlaps.

the British calf grows faster than the bokolo calf. they are of the same age. the British cows are also larger than the bokolo cows at maturity

3rd pic a bokolo cow

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by aaaazq(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2020
aaaazq:

first pic: a bokolo calf with deeper body, loose skin under the belly and the broad hump

2nd pic: British white calf firm body no hump, no loose skin beneath. though they both have dewlaps.

the British calf grows faster than the bokolo calf. they are of the same age. the British cows are also larger than the bokolo cows at maturity

3rd pic a bokolo cow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers / Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.