Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,911 members, 7,952,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices (14206 Views)

Sony To Bring Playstation Games To Android And iOS Devices / BBM On Android And Related Issues / BBM Coming To All Android & Ios Devices Not Just Samsung. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by UchihaItachi(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
ojimbo: e-chelsea will always use man u as an example, why nah? Dia is satan o o o o o o

I don't like Chelsea either, I'm a Scouser
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by kennyman20(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
gerrardomendes: Can use it to predict if nairaland will soon experience data loss

anti-nairaland..
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dear fellow nairalanders
Help you brother out by voting for my project (Afrique Merchants and Trade Services -AMTS ltd) in the on-going youth competition organised by UNESCO. The top ten voted entrants get invited to present their projects at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin, Germany with the possibility of the winners securing funding and support for their project.

The link to vote for mine is at:

https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/693

I promise it will take only a minute of your time smiley

Thanks and God bless
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by thewarrior72: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
By the way what is cortana?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by UchihaItachi(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
OP you need to explain the functions of Cortana cos many people here seem to think it's meant for predicting football matches
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Jabioro: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
I beg can it work on nokia 3310 or samsung e250..am earnestly on this platform 4 ur reponse..Op do d research l wan kill quarah.
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
microsoft is jst always at d top of dia game, except for ofcourse windows 8 whch seems disgustin on pc
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Jabioro: 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
slyfoxxjoe: Dear fellow nairalanders
Help you brother out by voting for my project (Afrique Merchants and Trade Services -AMTS ltd) in the on-going youth competition organised by UNESCO. The top ten voted entrants get invited to present their projects at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin, Germany with the possibility of the winners securing funding and support for their project.

https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/693

Thanks and God bless
hope you will return 2 dis site 4 d vote of thanks..also try remember Seun.,
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by ckhelvin: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
slyfoxxjoe: Dear fellow nairalanders

Thanks and God bless
And enough zapping of my MB grin grin
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Daraplato(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Artificial Intelligence. Hope this is as intelligent as PINN in Transcendence.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Pastors and MOGs will find this very useful as they have been shooting blanks since 2013 grin grin grin
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by AdaBekee1(f): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
What is Cortana? What is the use?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by sniperwolf(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
There is nothing new that Cortana can offer
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by adanduka: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bawss1:

You noticed that too? Lol. Blame our 9ja bloggers for that.
grin
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Uzzie: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
HALO , master chief sorry cry
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by thirty1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Warlord3000: Whether na Cortana or Santana... Siri or Sheri

Una all dey craze.. Mtscheew tongue

LMFAO
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
This report is misleading. Obviously the work of a blogger trying to put a spin on things - nowhere in the interview was it stated that MS was definitely considering bringing Cortana to iOS or android.

sniperwolf: There is nothing new that Cortana can offer

You couldn't be more wrong. Cortana allows you to block calls or texts during times of your choosing; just like a Do-Not-Disturb period. ( This feature isnt directly available on other platforms)
In addition to the different types of reminders (time, location) available you can also set people based reminders; you can have Cortana remind you about a friend's upcoming birthday anytime you type the friend's name in a text or email..
Cortana's personality is described by many as fiesty and fun, that's obviously different from polite Siri or no nonsense Google Now.
Even though it is still in beta form it can hold its own well in the company of Siri and Google Now so I don't think you should dismiss it entirely.

prettyboi1989: microsoft is jst always at d top of dia game, except for ofcourse windows 8 whch seems disgustin on pc

Windows 8 is disgusting on PC? Really? Is this a conclusion you arrived at yourself from first hand experience or you are just regurgitating comments from ignorant people?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by thirty1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
gerrardomendes: Can use it to predict if nairaland will soon experience data loss

LMFAO badt man
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by oluwashedy: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
What's this app all abt and does it wk
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Austinleo: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
BB no dey show abeg
lanre316: How about we BB users. Should we expect Cortana?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
oluwashedy: What's this app all abt and does it wk

Cortana is not an app, it is a voice assistant like Apple's Siri available to WP8.1 users.
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
One question: why are most virtual assistants female?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bawss1: This report is misleading. Obviously the work of a blogger trying to put a spin on things - nowhere in the interview was it stated that MS was definitely considering bringing Cortana to iOS or android.

Windows 8 is disgusting on PC? Really? Is this a conclusion you arrived at yourself from first hand experience or you are just regurgitating comments from ignorant people?
Oh pls u wana compare windowz 7 aeros desktop theme 2 dat of windows 8? Wat u sayn, win8 is jst dry n isn't user frendly, m sure u fascinated by win 8 cos its a new os, tot as much, bt if u used xp, vista, win7 b4 win 8 ud av knw d best os.
If u still dnt biliv dat win 8 is disgustin, read dis:
As PC sales stall, Samsung exec has harsh words for Windows 8
With Windows 8 doing little to spark laptop sales, you can hear the grousing of PC makers get louder.
The latest complaints come from Jun Dong-Soo, president of Samsung's memory chip division, who had no kind words for Windows 8 during a meeting with reporters in Seoul.
"The global PC industry is steadily shrinking despite the launch of Windows 8," he said Friday,according to Korea Times. "I think the Windows 8 system is no better than the previous Windows Vista platform."

U fink u knw it all man? But u really know NOTHING, guess its u dats d ignorant one here
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Kiggster: Cortana on iOS and android? Good luck with that Microsoft. IMO, cortana sucks. We have Siri for iOS. Robin,Dragon,Google Now,Speaktoit,S-voice etc on Android. Robin is my favorite BTW. y'all should check it out.
s-voice = suck voice. thats stuff knows na tin and e go dey chop ram
Google now is not intelligent. I gives u search result.
I dont know those orthers but a lot of reviews say "cortana is revolutionary" which means its the best ever

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
prettyboi1989: microsoft is jst always at d top of dia game, except for ofcourse windows 8 whch seems disgustin on pc
I noticed something. thats it only shallow minds and computer "managers" that feel windows 8 is bad. Windows 8 and 8.1 are the best thing that happened to Microsoft. gosh wait lemme just imagine my system running win 7. Tufika nw thats not only disgustin but horrible
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
CoolHunk: One question: why are most virtual assistants female?
cos objects re described with "she"
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Oh pls u wana compare windowz 7 aeros desktop theme 2 dat of windows 8? Wat u sayn, win8 is jst dry n isn't user frendly, m sure u fascinated by win 8 cos its a new os, tot as much, bt if u used xp, vista, win7 b4 win 8 ud av knw d best os.
If u still dnt biliv dat win 8 is disgustin, read dis:
As PC sales stall, Samsung exec has harsh words for Windows 8
With Windows 8 doing little to spark laptop sales, you can hear the grousing of PC makers get louder.
The latest complaints come from Jun Dong-Soo, president of Samsung's memory chip division, who had no kind words for Windows 8 during a meeting with reporters in Seoul.
"The global PC industry is steadily shrinking despite the launch of Windows 8," he said Friday,according to Korea Times. "I think the Windows 8 system is no better than the previous Windows Vista platform."

U fink u knw it all man? But u really know NOTHING, guess its u dats d ignorant one here

The Samsung exec you mentioned, Jun Dong Soo made those comments over a year ago sometime in march 2013 IIRC. That comment wasn't surprising given Samsung's half hearted commitment to Windows. Meanwhile MS has since announced that Win8 has sold over 200 million licenses so far. Even though that is still behind Win7 sales , 200 million is more than a decent figure for what you call a disgusting OS. Is Jun Dong Soo still complaining?

I use Win8.1 and I find it to be fast and beautifully designed and so I have to repeat my question: have you personally used Win8 or the update 8.1 to arrive at the conclusion that it is disgusting?

(PS: please type out words properly in English, reading your text-speak is quite difficult )
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
This is BS.
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by just2endowed: 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Uzzie: HALO , master chief sorry cry

Did you play that game?
Mehn I play am well. I wonder why halo no dey Android
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by kechywillz(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
i need this cortana to bet games,thats the main reason why i need it
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Abrahamweb(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
patrickdarlins: dey are using football to get to us....dis thing looks like demon....dey wana put it in our phones....hmmmmm....mark of d beast...WHAT IS CORTANA...i view dis thing from another ANGLE O....BITE ME..
must everthing be come end time tinz. mind yourself oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Airtel 250mb For 300naira / Software For Flashing Tecno(china Phones) / How To Activate Airtel 1GB For N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.