Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Who Created *gods?* - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created *gods?* (2289 Views)

How The Universe Was Created And Who Created It, Disproving Atheism / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created *gods?* by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
What the fvck?

MR. I know where your itch is which is the reason I choose to make you scratch it more and more yourself.

I have defined consciousness as 'awareness and reaction'.

Can you help us with the defintion of awareness and reaction; then show us how your definition does not extend to vase and car?

Apatheist: attention is not respect, gaddemit! Bring the dictionary definitions for both and compare.

much respect, special observation and showing deference are all respect/reverence.

Barbara Brown Taylor defines reverence as the practice of paying attention.

Here is a good instances:

This week we engage [b]the spiritual practice of paying attention, sometimes known as practicing reverence.

Reverence means to stand in awe. Reverence is the feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself. The act of reverence is to look deeply, to pay attention with your heart and to be moved by the experience. Reverence means you have become entirely captured by the present moment.

For just a few minutes you are not looking through things, or around things or past things to the next thing.

Anything can become a sacrament. All you need is a body on this earth, willing to notice where it is, trusting that even something as small as a hazelnut can become an altar in the world. (Barbara Brown Taylor – An Altar in the World )

Here are a few ways to engage this practice:
1. Sit on the ground, in your garden, by a pond, in the forest, on your lawn and for twenty minutes just take in the world that exists in the three square feet of earth in front of your, and pay close attention to whatever lives in that small estate of God. It won’t take long before you begin to see SOUL in the pebbles, the reeds of grass, the ants . . . .[/b]

http://fairfieldunited.ca/contemplation-cafe-practice-paying-attention/

Reverence, respect, paying attention and observance are the same.

Apatheist: I give up!!
Believe whatever you want.

how does this negate what I said interaction is?

Apatheist: Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
- Aldous Huxley

Come up with something from your brain and stop stalking me with peoples quote.

What is consciousness?

Je ka tun sha
Re: Who Created *gods?* by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
Yes, your ancestors made their Gods, the Jews made their own gods. Every god was influenced by other cultures and other gods,except most of sub-Saharan Africa because we evolved/lived in isolation.

Every culture has its own god it uses to explain things it does not know.

The Argument From Locality:
Argument from Locality runs as follows. Every religion currently being practiced on this planet, as well as every past religion which no longer has followers, has a definite, discernible origin in time and space. Even if the exact beginnings of a religion are murky, that religion still originated in a definite area and in a definite time period.

However, I argue that any god or gods which existed and which desired to reveal themselves to humanity would not do this – they would not provide a revelation to only one culture, at one time, in one place. There are several good reasons to believe this, and if it holds, then any religion which did have only a single point of origin cannot possibly be true. In short: The fact that all religions originated in one specific culture, at one specific time and place, points strongly to their being the product of that culture, time and place – and not the product of divine revelation."

How come your Jesus never revealed himself to your ancestors? All of them will go to "hell" because they didn't believe in him.
it cant be said better than this joor!
Man made the gods! Where is Zeus?where is Apollo? where isPoseidon? where is sango? where is Ogun? where is Sanpoona(smallpox) that was killed by Edward Jenner's vaccine ?
Infact, am beginning to think that man is God.Even the bible says so.

1 Like

Re: Who Created *gods?* by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Man made the gods! Where is Zeus?where is Apollo? where isPoseidon? where is sango? where is Ogun? where is Sanpoona(smallpox) that was killed by Edward Jenner's vaccine ?

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. - Richard Francis Burton

Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent. - George Weinberg,

2 Likes

Re: Who Created *gods?* by Friedfred(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
I keep wondering why those that have seen d light keep aguing wit d blind. "They are called sheeps for a reason(dem be mumu)" so if oyimbo no bring xtianity come we for al dey doomed abi? So al does way kpef bf oyimbo show don go fire? Chai there is format o there is format o.
Re: Who Created *gods?* by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. - Richard Francis Burton

Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent. - George Weinberg,

This man that find it hard on defining Consciousness and cant explain how man consciousness creates still go at all lenght quoting some irrelevant words of man like him to shout Man created God?

I mentioned just only one God which is Iyale (Mother Nature) and you are yet to tell us how Man created Nature/Earth. Or maybe I should help you to define 'create'.

You have failed to even go little down defining what awareness and reaction is. You are quick to dismiss a definition of interaction when actually you cant tell us what it is.

Yet you still rant around that God was created by man (almighty science self said energy cannot be created when the physical world is all energy). If energy can be created, show me how and I will bounce back.

where did you get your own theory of man creating God?

Mind explaning?
Re: Who Created *gods?* by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

So there has been no Iron (Ogun) before man?

So there has been no thunder and lightning before man?

So chicken pox was created by man?

Man made God and yet again God is Man. . . .who then made man? You guys are deep trapped in confusion.

Yoruba spirituality holds that Ogun made strenght and bone in Man which is evident and can be proven. But you think man made Ogun. . . .pls how did man made Ogun?

We believe Sango is the master of brilliance and good sight in Yoruba spirituality. This can be proven. How did we create Sango, mind explaining?

In short what is God?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim VS Christian Debates @ Adamasingba Oyo State Ibadan Today / The Prodigal Son - Jack Kelley / God's Unstoppable Grace - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.