Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? (58491 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2014
McWhillion:
Do your research well, I'm surprised that Bayelsa State didn't appear on that list when you talk of expensive housing, I have a friend who along with 4 others had to share a very shabby but very expensive room in Bayelsa during his service year. You never know this things until you interact with guys who are based in places other than the North and the South West.
boss, I had my tertiary education in the east, served in ph and have lived most of my live in lagos. Accommodation in bayelsa can never be as expensive as those in lagos.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2014
McWhillion:
Do your research well, I'm surprised that Bayelsa State didn't appear on that list when you talk of expensive housing, I have a friend who along with 4 others had to share a very shabby but very expensive room in Bayelsa during his service year. You never know this things until you interact with guys who are based in places other than the North and the South West.
the Article said Cities not "states" or villages.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: dude what is expensive in eastern villages? Is it the cost of getting a wife or accoMmodation?
seriously, candidly, abakaliki is more expensive than ibadan and oshogbo, am very serious about this.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: the Article said Cities not "states" or villages.
this guy must really be a novice, come out of ibadam cave boy, don't be a retard. Your naivety is unprecedented.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: this guy must really be a novice, come out of ibadam cave boy, don't be a retard. Your naivety is unprecedented.
Mumu.. Whats my business with Ibadan? I know Bayelsa more than you do. I have stake in Bayelsa which you don't have.

The Article said "City" you are coming up with "State". Product of an illiterate Teacher.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: seriously, candidly, abakaliki is more expensive than ibadan and oshogbo, am very serious about this.
How can Abakaliki be more expensive than Ibadan? In terms of Accommodation? dude why not back your words with fact.

BTW: It is not a pride that your city is expensive. Actually it is a shame because it doesn't help standard of living of the residents of the city.

Every sane government is working hard to reduce cost of living to the barest minimum and not the other way round.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Les: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: yap, they do show new movies, I was in uyo few months back, I really don't see anything expensive about uyo for now, I spent a month somewhere along abak road.
you go and come back, but i have been living in uyo for more than 3years now, uyo is very expensive and boring, from clothing, housing, my cousin's house, 1room selfcon, 120k, foodstuff, imagine four tiny pieces of fresh tomatoes, #100. I dont need to tell you how much i spend on food, weekly. You are talking about keke, i have chattered longer distances for 50# in aba but in uyo here, from plaza to shelter afrik, chattering is 300# with abeg o. Uyo is very costly abeg, go tropicana, that small paper popcorn is sold #500! I dont know if u be working class, me na student o!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Mumu.. Whats my business with Ibadan? I know Bayelsa more than you do. I have stake in Bayelsa which you don't have.

The Article said "City" you are coming up with "State". Product of an illiterate Teacher.
you knw bayelsa very well? And yet you don't knw bayelsa is more expensive than the whole of southwest except lagos? Ok, maybe you went to visit your uncle and he kept on feeding your brainless self, so you might not know the cost of living there grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2014
Les: you go and come back, but i have been living in uyo for more than 3years now, uyo is very expensive and boring, from clothing, housing, my cousin's house, 1room selfcon, 120k, foodstuff, imagine four tiny pieces of fresh tomatoes, #100. I dont need to tell you how much i spend on food, weekly. You are talking about keke, i have chattered longer distances for 50# in aba but in uyo here, from plaza to shelter afrik, chattering is 300# with abeg o. Uyo is very costly abeg, go tropicana, that small paper popcorn is sold #500! I dont know if u be working class, me na student o!!
the small paper popcorn is sold for N500 and you aren't happy? Then you must visit silverbird cinema in lagos. Food price hike is a general problem in southeast and southsouth, you can only know how expensive a place is if you have kids you pay school fees for and a comfortable accommodation. Transportation around uyo won't require much litres of fuel, the roads are free and kinda deserted, unlike ph and lagos, I still stand on my previous assertion, uyo is relatively inexpensive.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: you knw bayelsa very well? Am yet you don't knw bayelsa is more expensive than the whole of southwest except lagos? Ok, maybe you went to visit your uncle and he kept on feeding your brainless self, so you might not know the cost of living there grin grin grin
Stop embarrassing your family on the internet

7 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: How can Abakaliki be more expensive than Ibadan? In terms of Accommodation? dude why not back your words with fact.

BTW: It is not a pride that your city is expensive. Actually it is a shame because it doesn't help standard of living of the residents of the city.

Every sane government is working hard to reduce cost of living to the barest minimum and not the other way round.
I swear accommodation in ibadan is like free, do you think you are talking to a novice like yourself? Accommodation in ibadan can be compared with accommodation in sokoto. My friend living in a two bedroom flat in oremeji ibadan pays 60k per annum.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ChinoElects: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Of a city being expensive depends on the location or area of the city. Somebody that live in Gwagwalada is an 'Abujan' as well as somebody in Asokoro because they are both living in Abuja but different hoods.

Somebody that live in Ogba is a Lagosian as well as somebody that lives in Lekki, the same way somebody that lives in Okpoko suburb is a resident of Onitsha as well as somebody that live in Trans-Nkisi or 3-3 zone or American Qtrs, they are all living in Onitsha. Some people live at Boro-Kiri while others live at Cocaine estate or GRA but all of them live in Port Harcourt. The same applies to most major Nigerian cities.

Each neighborhood offers services and life-style that are in tune with each neighborhood. However it is not a good omen that a city is expensive in a largely poor country as Nigeria where minimum wage is still as low as 18k. In a country where at least 75% of its population are government dependents except for some Igbos that have become self-employed either entrepreneurs.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Stop embarrassing your family on the internet
oga, mention the expensive cities in SW let's see. Please don't mention ibadan or abeokuta ooooo, cos those places are dem cheap, You are a bonobo if you don't know this.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2014
ChinoElects: Of a city being expensive depends on the location or area of the city. Somebody that live in Gwagwalada is an 'Abujan' as well somebody in Asokoro because they are both living in Abuja but different hoods.

Somebody that live in Ogba is a Lagosian as well as somebody that lives in Lekki, the same way somebody that lives in Okpoko suburb is a resident of Onitsha as well as somebody that live in Trans-Nkisi or 3-3 zone or American Qtrs, they are all living in Onitsha. Some people live at Boro-Kiri while others live at Cocaine estate or GRA but all of them live in Port Harcourt.

Each neighborhood offers services and life-style that are in tune with each neighborhood. However it is not a good omen that a city is expensive in a largely poor country as Nigeria where minimum wage is still as low as 18k. In a country where at least 75% of its population are government dependents except for some Igbos that have become self-employed either entrepreneurs.
aptly written, barcanista wants to kill his house-hold becos I said SW cities are cheap, instead of the illiterate should be happy.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: I swear accommodation in ibadan is like free, do you think you are talking to a novice like yourself? Accommodation in ibadan can be compared with accommodation in sokoto. My friend living in a two bedroom flat in oremeji ibadan pays 60k per annum.
Where did I posit that ibadan is expensive? I said back your post with fact....

Read again

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Where did I posit that ibadan is expensive? I said back your post with fact....

Read again
that's what I just did, my friend pays 60k for a 2bedroom flat in ibadan, you can never see such in a southsouth or southeast city. Its not a good thing though or maybe becos ibadan has large concentration of indecent building.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: aptly written, barcanista wants to kill his house-hold becos I said SW cities are cheap, instead of the illiterate should be happy.
Where did I argue that SW is expensive or inexpensive? I even said "It is not a pride for ones city to be expensive"

Rivers State in General and Portharcourt City in Particular is very EXPENSIVE and I am not happy with it. Because It affects the standard of living of my people as an Indigen.

Edited

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: that's what I just did, my friend pays 60k for a 2bedroom flat in ibadan.
Then why did you quote me out of context? Do you think that is something one should cheer about?

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Fool... You are the most miserable of fools. Where did I argue that SW is expensive or inexpensive? I even said "It is not a pride for ones city to be expensive"

Rivers State in General and Portharcourt City in Particular is very EXPENSIVE and I am not happy with it. Because It affects the standard of living of my people as an Indigen. You are a dickhead foool. Product of an Illiterate Teacher
fool, its seems you don't know who you are quoting, I will make sure you have a nightmare by the time am through with you. Oya, where in rivers state are you from?

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
ChinoElects: Of a city being expensive depends on the location or area of the city. Somebody that live in Gwagwalada is an 'Abujan' as well as somebody in Asokoro because they are both living in Abuja but different hoods.

Somebody that live in Ogba is a Lagosian as well as somebody that lives in Lekki, the same way somebody that lives in Okpoko suburb is a resident of Onitsha as well as somebody that live in Trans-Nkisi or 3-3 zone or American Qtrs, they are all living in Onitsha. Some people live at Boro-Kiri while others live at Cocaine estate or GRA but all of them live in Port Harcourt. The same applies to most major Nigerian cities.

I am in agreement with the bold.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Then why did you quote me out of context? Do you think that is something one should cheer about?
it seems you are suffering from myopia or your brain is deficient of that part that processes information from the eyes. Go back and read my post.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: it seems you are suffering from myopia or your brain is deficient of that part that processes information from the eyes. Go back and read my post.
If only your father had used condom when shagging a hoe the world would have been spared of you a dimwit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: You are the fool that don't know difference between a City and a State. You are the fool that doesn't know the implication of an expensive "City" on its residents. As for where I am from, my signature should give you a hint ie IF your brain can accommodate comprehension.
come on snitch, don't be so shy of your place of origin, let the whole world know where you come from, it won't cost you anything to tell us. Don't hide under the shadow of me not knowing the difference btw a city and state.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2014
You demanded to know where I am from, I gave you this
barcanista: You are the fool that don't know difference between a City and a State. You are the fool that doesn't know the implication of an expensive "City" on its residents. As for where I am from, my signature should give you a hint ie IF your brain can accommodate comprehension.

But not surprisingly, you still couldnt comprehend despite the bold. You are a pathological fool

customized13: come on snitch, don't be so shy of your place of origin, let the whole world know where you come from, it won't cost you anything to tell us. Don't hide under the shadow of me not knowing the difference btw a city and state.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Maximus17(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2014
Blame it on Aee pee see...lol
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Maximus17(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
And must u reign insults to prove your point? Abeg make una park one side let's get beneficial comments
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: If only your father had used condom when shagging a hoe the world would have been spared of you a dimwit
how does this add to the issue on ground now? Am just tired of initiating a symposium with simpletons like you everyday on Nairaland. Please just try and be coherent and make a meaningful comment to the issues on ground, you must not let the whole world know that you are from a broken home and you don't respect your parents and elderly ones in general. Do you know the kind of person reasonable people will think you are that moment you thought of insulting my father?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: how does this add to the issue on ground now? Am just tired of initiating a symposium with simpletons like you everyday on Nairaland. Please just try and be coherent and make a meaningful comment to the issues on ground, you must not let the whole world know that you are from a broken home and you don't respect your parents and elderly ones in general. Do you know the kind of person reasonable people will think you are that moment you thought of insulting my father?
No "Meaningful" comment can make meaning to your dead brain because you are a genetical fool. Insulting your father should be a sport for everyone even kids. He did the human race a great dishonor by impregnating someone to give birth to you fvcktard!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: You demanded to know where I am from, I gave you this

But not surprisingly, you still couldnt comprehend despite the bold. You are a pathological fool

seriously, I know where you come from, I want you to tell the world, so evryone will know the kind of people that comes from there, seriously, only un-tamed beings insult people @ will. So tell us where you come from and let them trace the origin of your "lack of courtesy"
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: No "Meaningful" comment can make meaning to your dead brain because you are a genetical fool. Insulting your father should be a sport for everyone even kids. He did the human race a great dishonor by impregnating someone to give birth to you fvcktard!
I was well brought-up, I can never insult your father, let's see how much you will show all of us the kind of home you come from today. If your home is a honourable one, you will never say this about my father, evry reasonable person know this. Show us the product of your family barcanista.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: I was well brought-up, I can never insult your father, let's see how much you will show all of us the kind of home you come from today. If your home is an honourable one, you will never say this about my father, evry reasonable person knows this. Show us the product of your family barcanista.
yu started this whole episode, now you are whinning and crying. Cry cry baby.... Cry me a lagoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.