Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? (58499 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: yu started this whole episode, no you are whinning and crying. Cry cry baby.... Cry me a lagoon
cry? From the way you reason, I might probably be older than you are, but its understandable the kind of home you come from when you reign insults on me, but insulting my father whom you don't know (he might even be older than your father) reflects the way you talk to your father @ home. I was able to deduce this conclusion "you are still a kid under your parent who don't really know the value of life" you don't know the cost of running the affairs of a family, that's why its really hard for you to understand what makes a city expensive. Check my profile very well, I know why I chose not to really reply you in a cruel manner, there's nothing you will tell a kid that has chose to disrespect his father rather than beating him up, this I might have done if this discussion had been vis-a-vis.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: cry? From the way you reason, I might probably be older than you are, but its understandable the kind of home you come from when you reign insults on me, but insulting my father whom you don't know (he might even be older than your father) reflects the way you talk to your father @ home. I was able to deduce this conclusion "you are still a kid under your parent who don't really know the value of life" you don't know the cost of running the affairs of a family, that's why its really hard for you to understand what makes a city expensive. Check my profile very well, I know why I chose not to really reply you in a cruel manner, there's nothing you will tell a kid that has chose to disrespect his father rather than beating him up, this I might have done if this discussion had been vis-a-vis.
Lamentation of Mr. Customized13 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by acenazt: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2014
sublimes: @Op, Yenagoa should come first on that list. Everything is damn expensive in that town.
you can't blame yenagoa man,land no dey how life no go cost
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Lamentation of Mr. Customized13 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
if I were you, I will learn something from that statement. That's how you know a wise child.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: if I were you, I will learn something from that statement. That's how you know a wise child.
nwa Teacher cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: nwa Teacher cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
yep, its all I can do for you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2014
McWhillion: I think most Eastern and South Eastern cities are quite expensive to live in. No South Western city should be up there including Lagos. Things are way more expensive in a typical Eastern village than in Lagos.
imagine in Lagos, you can buy plate of food that contains both rice, bean, plantain, spaghetti with two meat, all with just 100 naira
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
ojimbo: imagine in Lagos, you can buy plate of food that contains both rice, bean, plantain, spaghetti with two meat, all with just 100 naira

Chai brother.... deris god oooo

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Les: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: the small paper popcorn is sold for N500 and you aren't happy? Then you must visit silverbird cinema in lagos. Food price hike is a general problem in southeast and southsouth, you can only know how expensive a place is if you have kids you pay school fees for and a comfortable accommodation. Transportation around uyo won't require much litres of fuel, the roads are free and kinda deserted, unlike ph and lagos, I still stand on my previous assertion, uyo is relatively inexpensive.
ok, i can't know the cost of living of a place till i'm married with kids? Issorait!!
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
McWhillion:
Then you've missed the point here, if an Eastern village is more expensive to live in than Lagos, do one need to tell you that it would be much more expensive to live in their cities.
I doubt that, accomodation in lag is really high.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by eaglechild: 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
sublimes: @Op, Yenagoa should come first on that list. Everything is damn expensive in that town.

Yenogoa is relatively expensive but definitely not first on the list.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by habisodun(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Port harcourt is very expensive, the only reason abuja should be 1st on that list is high cost of real estate and rent.
nice review op
True talk bro..

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by omoadeleye(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: dude what is expensive in eastern villages? Is it the cost of getting a wife or accoMmodation?

nope the cost fetching water in the river
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by hensben(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
benin city is very cheap to live in, someone that has 4million in benin city behave like the one that has 50million in ph, lagos, abuja, thats to tell you how cost of living and accomodation are very low in benin city.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
sluvy4tune: Akwa ibom ladies truly know how to keep a man. Food and other wise.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
North surely affordable but peace? smh
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
ojimbo: imagine in Lagos, you can buy plate of food that contains both rice, bean, plantain, spaghetti with two meat, all with just 100 naira
haaa, bros how far na, every canteen in lagos sells one meat for atleast N50, so how come with your own data.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Leetunechi: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Barcanista don dey fall my hand .the same way mondisweets did

ewww embarassed embarassed
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
seems like the last time u was in lagos was 1990...visit again

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by giles14(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
eaglechild: Abuja

This comes as no surprise, Abuja is an expensive city even by world standards.
Politicians who have made Abuja their abode have an unending stash that drive up prices.
With record breaking real estate costs. A detached 6 bedroom duplex in Maitama or Asokoro goes for anything from 500 million to 1 billion naira!! (Google is your friend). Food is more affordable, so far it is not processed.
Of course there are less expensive suburbs but you have to endure longer commutes to the city centre.

Port Harcourt

Being Nigeria's oil capital has it's downsides.
PH is expensive, infact it is arguably on average more expensive than Abuja.
It has a significant number of upper middle class from the oil sector and other walks of life.
Food is particularly overpriced in PH and so is decent accommodation.
What of private schools in PH, they will certainly make you consider the number of children you want to have.

Lagos

The nation's economic capital is what you want it to be for you in terms of cost.
However, if you want comfort and security in the form of accommodation, you will have to pay very dearly.
Especially if you work on the island. A room, parlour and Kitchen in Ikoyi, VI or Lekki can range from 400 to 600k per annum. Of course most people are left no choice than to endure the long commute to work and back.
Those working on the mainland have cheaper options to explore.
Lagos however, has the advantage of availability of cheaper consumer goods from clothing, household components to cars.
But the stress does come at a price.

Owerri

This may come as a surprise but Owerri's unique location in the SE heartland has made it a popular destination. This has driven up the cost of living.
A 3 bedroom flat goes for an average of 30k a month.
Food is more expensive relative to other SE cities. Even with the rate of new hotels being built, hotel rooms are still expensive. And the cost of labour in this town is high.

Uyo

This blossoming city, has grown tremendously in a short time and so has the cost of living.
Real estate prices have shot up, and cost of transport has also gone up.
If you are young and looking to save money in Uyo, you just have to cook your food.
The good side is that you actually get a higher quality of life at a relatively OK cost.

Calabar

This former capital of Nigeria continues to attract people with its serene environment and friendly residents.
But this does not come cheap. Calabar's conformity drives up cost.
In December Calabar goes up higher on the list as thousands flood in for the famous carnival.

Warri

This city is quite similar to PH
The presence of the refinery/oil sector has made the cost of living here well above other Nigerian cities.

Enugu

This city is experiencing a real estate boom and what many residents took for granted in terms of rent, is beginning to bite. Enugu's improved road network, security and international airport together with its regional status, continues to attract wealthy retirees and returnees. This has slowly started driving up prices.
Labour and food are still relatively affordable.

pls point of correction IMO or owerri is not d heart beat south east

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by kunmis1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: I don't agree with you, lagos should be on that list, most people don't know what it takes to train children in a comfortable housing in lagos. The cheapest areas in lagos will be probably ikotun, egbe, igando and environs are relatively more expensive than most cities in nigeria. The only thing cheap in lagos is food and maybe clothings.

don't mind DAT nigga

BTW , is food really cheap in Lagos?
compare to d cities mentioned above?

pure water 5? I bet u its Ogun not Lagos cos mst pple feel dey r in Lagos meanwhile dey r in Ogun.

lacasera is 100 everywhere, one fool is tryna make luk cheap in Lagos , even in sum places u can get d damm tin for 150..

accommodation in Lagos? heheherrr,na b joke o. talk abt mainland .. I.e, magodo, Ikeja, omole , a 3bd is noting less Dan 1m plus a year.... d most expensive place in naija is Lagos.... banana island ? talk abt island na.... millions to own a plot of land. apparently, lkeja , banana island r d most expensive place In Niger...

transport ? d same miles other cities on d list take for 100# its double or triple in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by martineverest(m): 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: I don't agree with you, lagos should be on that list, most people don't know what it takes to train children in a comfortable housing in lagos. The cheapest areas in lagos will be probably ikotun, egbe, igando and environs are relatively more expensive than most cities in nigeria. The only thing cheap in lagos is food and maybe clothings.

u dont know what u enjoy in lagos....am a lagosian,schooled in warri,benin and ph.......lagos is damn cheap.there are som places in niger delta where pure water is 20 naira
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Leetunechi: Barcanista don dey fall my hand .the same way mondisweets did

ewww embarassed embarassed
Wetin I do na?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
desdichando: seems like the last time u was in lagos was 1990...visit again
am in ijesha now, i even ate 50 naira rice this morning
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
hensben: benin city is very cheap to live in, someone that has 4million in benin city behave like the one that has 50million in ph, lagos, abuja, thats to tell you how cost of living and accomodation are very low in benin city.
Such cities is what we pray for in Lagos and PHC.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Mailthaddeus(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
I think Yenagoa - Bayelsa should be on that list. Decent accomodation, food, evrything is damn expensive
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Leetunechi: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Wetin I do na?

you wre
insulting people cry cry

5 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: haaa, bros how far na, every canteen in lagos sells one meat for atleast N50, so how come with your own data.
so kpomo na 50 naira for your side? Lol, try another cotonu woman, i mean thoes one that use to sell ewa agonyi
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
customized13: haaa, bros how far na, every canteen in lagos sells one meat for atleast N50, so how come with your own data.
kpomo nko?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by hensben(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Such cities is what we pray for in Lagos and PHC.
i tell ya bro, nigeria needs low cost of living, by then, indulging in crime to make daily living will reduce.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
martineverest:

u dont know what u enjoy in lagos....am a lagosian,schooled in warri,benin and ph.......lagos is damn cheap.there are som places in niger delta where pure water is 20 naira
its not all about food, check it from a family angle, like you are a father of a family living in a 3bedroom apartment and you own a car.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Abuja isnt expensiveeeee.the only thing expensive is accommodation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.