Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful (556 Views)

Prevention Of Child Maltreatment With Consistent Training Of Parents / 11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Nigerian Lady Alleges Maltreatment By Expatriates, Share Office With A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful by okotv(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Am not in support of any form of abuse in the home but it would always be part of this sacred institution.

But i have noticed that because of the society's view on physical abuse marriage abuse is slowly moving towards emotional torture which is more difficult to detect. I just want to know which is more dangerous and the way forward for those already in such marriages.
Re: Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2014
You make it sound as if marriage is hell. If it is, I wonder why someone would surrender his life's purpose, freedom and happiness to a life of abuse. undecided
Re: Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful by MizMyColi(f): 7:01am On Jul 15, 2014
Ever read the book, "battlefield of the mind"? There's a reason the mind is called a battle-field......it all begins and ends there. No amount of torture or maltreatment in the physical would amount to anything if it hasn't been acceded to in the mind or mentally. In other words, being mentally maltreated is much worse, undecided undecided unfortunately, such individual is in a prison only he can liberate himself from.
Re: Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful by okotv(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
marriage is not hell but it is to some. What i actually meant is that for those suffering any of both abuse what is the way out for them
Re: Physical Or Mental Maltreatment ; Which Is More Harmful by dre11(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Both are bad
but mental is the worst

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Teenagers (parenting Tips) / 2nd Born Wahala!! / And Co (tradition Or Show OFF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.