Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card (6231 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / Paypal Or Mastercard/ Visa Card With Nigerian Billing Address Mostly Unaccepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Jamexjulius(m): 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
pls hw do i open domi account at access bank, documents required, amount to open, exchange rate and any useful information abt d account......thnks
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
GTBANK. please this bank is one glorified bank. bad on internet transfers. Your transfer is not instant only if it done before 12noon or You operate a current account. Else all other transfers will take place in 24 Hours. Gtbank calls it NEFT transfer.

Also note that if you transfer money online with Gtbank during Weekends like Saturday and Sunday or During Public Holidays. my brother sorry. Your transfer won't go through until the break.
You also need a token to carry out the transfer.

You need token for online transfer and it's expensive. imagine #2100

ACCESS / DIAMOND BANK. They operate same way. Fast internet transfer no restriction of any kind. except that you can't TRANSFER above 2MILLION online.( This is no problem. if u and I want to transfer that. I believe it won't coat us a dime to go to the bank).

You do not need token to transfer money using their mobile banking Application.

You need token to transfer on their online desktop based banking platform. Token cost #1500(Access bank)

FIRSTBANK First bank is good on transfers through Quickteller or ATM . infact I think this is the only bank with online transfer working smoothly. (Note am not so sure please)
Mobile and desktop banking is smooth but nor great as Access and Diamond.

STANBIC BANK. This bank keeps wowing me. Her online platform transfer is not that bad. Just that their beneficiary stuff is kind of a problem. Its not easy like Access and Diamond.

In conclusion and going against my initial statement of no Best Bank. I will say Access and Diamond Have stole my heart.

#######################################

For Major Importers willing to transfer 2Million and above to China please use the following options

1. Letter Of Intent from a recognised bank.

Letter of Intent Is a form of escrow service between your reputable bank or financial body and an international merchant.

Please the above are definition in my own words. refer to Wiki or Google for more

To make the work easier Visit only Zenith Bank or FirstBank. please do not listen to Gtbank staff on these, they are thieves in Shepherd clothes. stay away from them.

If you use Zenith Bank for this kind of transaction you life wi never remain the same. You will eat Free Fooooooooood All paid by the Bank. and cheaper exchange rate of N163 to $1. (Last exchange rate as of July 26 This year.

Note for Letter of Intent First Bank is more easier and well recognised. by Chinese than Zenith.

2. Domiciliary Account.
This is not really the best option but is ok. If you must go this route please Use FirstBank or Access or Diamond. please stay off Gtbank. I repeat stay of Gtbank
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
That's All
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ymodulus: That's All

Chaii, GTB don suffer grin grin grin
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
########PAYPAL ROUTE #######

Yes you can transfer money to your seller or supplier through PayPal but please let me tell you now. PayPal Refund Policy won't work because we Nigerians can't receive funds. So if a seller wants to make refund. Am sorry it won't work. So just button or Zip Up your Mind.

However Paypal is not a bad Option.

Reason been that you can transfer Money to Chinese suppliers at cheap exchange rate depending on your linked Bank Card.

In simpler terms PayPal is the online Version of Money transfer through 3rd Party Shipping Agents.

I say this in That a Nigerian Shipping Agent wud will charge at exchange rate of #170 but PayPal exchange rate depends on your linked Bank ATM card.

However when you are dealing with $300 and above use Visa Card from Access Bank or Use First Bank. because Gtbank Will deny your transaction on PayPal citing issues of money to big , security bla bla bla. ish.

##############################

Op sorry for intruding. please
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

Chaii, GTB don suffer grin grin grin

That Bank are made up of criminals. From the CEO to counter. My Friend Inclusive.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ymodulus:

That Bank are made up of criminals. From the CEO to counter. My Friend Inclusive.

Cool, not to digress though, what are the steps involved in getting a POS machine from a bank
and setting it up to receive payments from customer's cards . . . ?
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 12:12am On Aug 11, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

Cool, not to digress though, what are the steps involved in getting a POS machine from a bank
and setting it up to receive payments from customer's cards . . . ?

I have no ideas on the steps.

However I will say you go for Zenith Bank. I have noticed that in Shop Rite and some other big stores it's either Zenith Bank or Uba Pos they use.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by tonjeola(m): 1:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Ymodulus:
########PAYPAL ROUTE #######

Yes you can transfer money to your seller or supplier through PayPal but please let me tell you now. PayPal Refund Policy won't work because we Nigerians can't receive funds. So if a seller wants to make refund. Am sorry it won't work. So just button or Zip Up your Mind.

However Paypal is not a bad Option.

Reason been that you can transfer Money to Chinese suppliers at cheap exchange rate depending on your linked Bank Card.

In simpler terms PayPal is the online Version of Money transfer through 3rd Party Shipping Agents.

I say this in That a Nigerian Shipping Agent wud will charge at exchange rate of #170 but PayPal exchange rate depends on your linked Bank ATM card.

However when you are dealing with $300 and above use Visa Card from Access Bank or Use First Bank. because Gtbank Will deny your transaction on PayPal citing issues of money to big , security bla bla bla. ish.

##############################

Op sorry for intruding. please
on this you will get your refund. refund and receiving money is different.
just like when you got your refund of $1.95.
had contacted paypal on this due to buying stuff on ebay
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Ymodulus: 2:41am On Aug 11, 2014
tonjeola:
on this you will get your refund. refund and receiving money is different.
just like when you got your refund of $1.95.
had contacted paypal on this due to buying stuff on ebay

I wasn't aware.

thanks you tot me something new
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by sovpounds(m): 3:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Perfect Internet 3D tablets allow users to view images and watch movies in 3D without wearing glasses. You can order 3D tablets from http://pi3dtab.co.uk and pay via Paypal and the tablets would be shipped to any address in Nigeria or your shipping address anywhere in the world.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by bobojoshua(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Ymodulus: CARDs PAYMENT and ONLINE TRANSACTION. Mini - IMPORTERS / MAxi - IMPORTERS. The way forward.

1. Online Payment online on any international merchant site can be done with only VISA or MASTERCARD.

-VIsa card could be VISA DOLLAR CARD or NAIRA VISA DEBIT PREPAID CARD

-MasterCard could be MASTER DOLLAR CARD or NAIRA MASTER DEBIT CARD

2. Difference between Master / Visa card ?

Well differences are not much but are very Vital.

a. Cheaper Exchange Rate: Visa Cards are generally cheaper on exchange rate values to MasterCard.

b. Extra Added Security: Visa Card have Verified By Visa also know as Internet Pin(Ipin). This pin is like your ATM pin but this time its for online transactions only. when you pick up another person Visa Card to use for online transaction on a different Aliexpress Account. I have noticed Aliexpress always prompt for the IPin. this is to ensure you are the holder of have real permission to use that card.

However I can't say same for mastercard. to activate this feature for MasterCard you have to work to your bank and get what is known as activation code. and so on.

in conclusion. on terms of security Visa wins for me.

3. Bank with best Master / Visa Card??

Well in my own experience there is no best Bank MasterCard or Visa Card as the best today might be the worst tomorrow.
However some banks have been known to excellent more better than some on Card Services.

Before we use to know MASTERCARD / VISACARD fro UBA , Zenith FirstBank as one of the best but today things have changed. This is where consistency comes in. enough of the talks.

Banks with better CARD SERVICES are

1. ACCESS BANK ----- VISACARD. --- Cheapest Exchange Rate around $161

2. FirstBank. -- VISA CARD -- Cheaper Than Access ( However not popular and problematic. around $158

3. ECOBANK -- VISA CARD -- Around $164-165

4. ZENITH BANK. -- MASTER CARD -- Around $165

5. GTBANK. -- MASTERCARD. -- Around $166-168 (Gtbank are thieves just one glorified bank)

6. UBA -- MASTERCARD / VISA -- AROUND $170 (please stay off this bank ATM for your own good. please run if you have to do. have nothing to do with this bank)

7. STANBIC BANK --- MASTERCARD -- Around $165

8. SKYEBANK. -- I have not seen or heard about it been used.

9. VISA BANK -- Same as Skye

In my own opinion cheaper exchange rate is not all that matters but good online banking platform. As a mini importer or business man you must embrace E- Banking. Just imagine you transferring money to your shipping agents, clients etc.

When it comes to online bank transfer or banking the following banks rule.

1. ACCESS BANK both Mobile and Desktop bank platform is just too great. Instant fast transfer and quick review.

2. Diamond BANK. Hulalala. they are fire.

You can Google search about the above two banks and see what am talking about.

Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by bobojoshua(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Ymodulus: GTBANK. please this bank is one glorified bank. bad on internet transfers. Your transfer is not instant only if it done before 12noon or You operate a current account. Else all other transfers will take place in 24 Hours. Gtbank calls it NEFT transfer.

Also note that if you transfer money online with Gtbank during Weekends like Saturday and Sunday or During Public Holidays. my brother sorry. Your transfer won't go through until the break.

ACCESS / DIAMOND BANK. They operate same way. Fast internet transfer no restriction of any kind. except that you can't TRANSFER above 2MILLION online.( This is no problem. if u and I want to transfer that. I believe it won't coat us a dime to go to the bank).

You need token to transfer on their online desktop based banking platform. Token cost #1500(Access bank)

FIRSTBANK First bank is good on transfers through Quickteller or ATM . infact I think this is the only bank with online transfer working smoothly. (Note am not so sure please)

STANBIC BANK. This bank keeps wowing me. Her online platform transfer is not that bad. Just that their beneficiary stuff is kind of a problem. Its not easy like Access and Diamond.

In conclusion and going against my initial statement of no Best Bank. I will say Access and Diamond Have stole my heart.

For Major Importers willing to transfer 2Million and above to China please use the following options

Letter of Intent Is a form of escrow service between your reputable bank or financial body and an international merchant.

Please the above are definition in my own words. refer to Wiki or Google for more

To make the work easier Visit only Zenith Bank or FirstBank. please do not listen to Gtbank staff on these, they are thieves in Shepherd clothes. stay away from them.

If you use Zenith Bank for this kind of transaction you life wi never remain the same. You will eat Free Fooooooooood All paid by the Bank. and cheaper exchange rate of N163 to $1. (Last exchange rate as of July 26 This year.

Note for Letter of Intent First Bank is more easier and well recognised. by Chinese than Zenith.

2. Domiciliary Account.
This is not really the best option but is ok. If you must go this route please Use FirstBank or Access or Diamond. please stay off Gtbank. I repeat stay of Gtbank
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by timothyuche1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ymodulus: GTBANK. please this bank is one glorified bank. bad on internet transfers. Your transfer is not instant only if it done before 12noon or You operate a current account. Else all other transfers will take place in 24 Hours. Gtbank calls it NEFT transfer.

ACCESS / DIAMOND BANK. They operate same way. Fast internet transfer no restriction of any kind. except that you can't TRANSFER above
2MILLION online.( This is no problem. if u and I want to transfer that. I believe it won't coat us a dime to go to the bank).

2. Domiciliary Account.

Please I have not been able to pay with my first bank visa card since getting, I want to know if am required to do anything before it will be accepted on aliexpress. it keeps telling me that I can't pay with the card
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
@op, gd idea.

@@Ymodulus & co. Thnk u 4 coming onboard..

Thespecialone: same card, change your iPin at the ATM before using on aliex.
I attached d pic of d atm card I'm referring to. I hv 2 to do dis 2 be very sure we are saying d same thing.

Based on d clause "valid only in Nigeria" inscribed on d card, I called their customer service 1st thing dis morning 2 re-confirm it works 4 international online transaction, bt he maintained there's another one called international debit or visa card which I hv 2 apply 4 again @ N1.050. He also maintained dat obtaining dis will make my existing atm card irrelevant cos d new one too wil serve as atm card.

I know sometimes most of dose bank guys/gals dont really know some things abt their operation hence they giv u wrong info. Pls does any1 in d house use exactly dis type of Diamond bank atm/visa card 4 int'l transaction esp. on aliexpress?

Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
timothyuche1:
Please I have not been able to pay with my first bank visa card since getting, I want to know if am required to do anything before it will be accepted on aliexpress. it keeps telling me that I can't pay with the card

See d issue mentioned here:
Ymodulus: [b]
Before we use to know MASTERCARD / VISACARD fro UBA , Zenith FirstBank as one of the best but today things have changed. This is where consistency comes in. enough of the talks.

2. FirstBank. -- VISA CARD -- Cheaper Than Access ( However not popular and problematic. around $158
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by zemaye: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
mrtnt: @op, gd idea.

@@Ymodulus & co. Thnk u 4 coming onboard..

I attached d pic of d atm card I'm referring to. I hv 2 to do dis 2 be very sure we are saying d same thing.

Based on d clause "valid only in Nigeria" inscribed on d card, I called their customer service 1st thing dis morning 2 re-confirm it works 4 international online transaction, bt he maintained there's another one called international debit or visa card which I hv 2 apply 4 again @ N1.050. He also maintained dat obtaining dis will make my existing atm card irrelevant cos d new one too wil serve as atm card.

I know sometimes most of dose bank guys/gals dont really know some things abt their operation hence they giv u wrong info. Pls does any1 in d house use exactly dis type of Diamond bank atm/visa card 4 int'l transaction esp. on aliexpress?
apply for a new one this one cannot pay online.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thespecialone: Be proactive and send the required documents to security at aliexpress.com with the subject request for verification
Pls what are d so-called required documents?
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
zemaye: .
apply for a new one this one cannot pay online.
Noted. Thks bros.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Thespecialone(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
mrtnt:
Pls what are d so-called required documents?
Scanned copies of the following :Valid ID, Bank statement, Your debit card showing your name, issuing bank and expiry date. Ensure all the card numbers are blocked except the last four digits. The statement can be in pdf format.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by NotNairalandi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
ymolu..welldone master.u ar really transforming lives here on NL.this is what our modern churches shld be doing.practically teaching people how to make life eaiser.but their case is different.....welldone bro.u will surely go to heaven when die angry grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by bobojoshua(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thespecialone: Scanned copies of the following :Valid ID, Bank statement, Your debit card showing your name, issuing bank and expiry date. Ensure all the card numbers are blocked except the last four digits. The statement can be in pdf format.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by uchman(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Please who knows how much eco bank MasterCard charges for transaction?
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thespecialone: Scanned copies of the following :Valid ID, Bank statement, Your debit card showing your name, issuing bank and expiry date. Ensure all the card numbers are blocked except the last four digits. The statement can be in pdf format.
Thnks sir. I gt dat.

Would u need 2 do same thing on alibaba portal? Or dat of aliexpress covers all?
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
uchman: Please who knows how much eco bank MasterCard charges for transaction?

Got mine @ 1k.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Thespecialone(m): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
mrtnt:
Thnks sir. I gt dat.

Would u need 2 do same thing on alibaba portal? Or dat of aliexpress covers all?
aliexpress covers all.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Thespecialone: aliexpress covers all.
My Oga, 3 'gbosa' 4 u o! Thnk u

Now, I don sit-don 4 my mat make I dey follow Oga dem dey jolly.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
zemaye: .apply for a new one this one cannot pay online.
Thnks bros.

Making moves 2 obtain new VISA credit card, I got their form late last week & was only told 2 return it wt a copy of valid I.D card & 2 copies of my passport photograph. Now, wt dis hope of quickly going 2 process it, I got so disappointed tdy as I was in d bank to submit d form only to be told now 2 go & get my 3 pay-slips + my employment confirmation letter. I hv 2 really shout at d CS rep. why I wasn't told dis one b4 now & moreso, I hv a running salary acct. wt them, then why all dis again? Dis was more painful considering distance btw my location & d bank.

For those wt Diamond Visa card, pls, was dis d policy/procedure? Or d CS rep. doesn't just know what she was doing, cos sometimes they misinform customers?

Pls, is dis d policy/procedure in other banks too, esp. Access bank?

Thnks in adv.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by zemaye: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
mrtnt:
Thnks bros.

Making moves 2 obtain new VISA credit card, I got their form late last week & was only told 2 return it wt a copy of valid I.D card & 2 copies of my passport photograph. Now, wt dis hope of quickly going 2 process it, I got so disappointed tdy as I was in d bank to submit d form only to be told now 2 go & get my 3 pay-slips + my employment confirmation letter. I hv 2 really shout at d CS rep. why I wasn't told dis one b4 now & moreso, I hv a running salary acct. wt them, then why all dis again? Dis was more painful considering distance btw my location & d bank.

For those wt Diamond Visa card, pls, was dis d policy/procedure? Or d CS rep. doesn't just know what she was doing, cos sometimes they misinform customers?

Thnks in adv.

Na location o
In my location no such hassle.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by Thespecialone(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
mrtnt:
Thnks bros.

Thnks in adv.

oga there is difference between VISA Credit and Visa Debit oh. What you need is Visa Debit not Visa Credit. Applying for CREDIT card is a different kettle of fish. The reason for the documentation is to check if you are credit worthy. So kindly apply for a VISA DEBIT CARD.
Re: DIY Importation Guide: Recommendations On Mastercard & Visa Card by mrtnt: 12:08am On Aug 21, 2014
Thespecialone: oga there is difference between VISA Credit and Visa Debit oh. What you need is Visa Debit not Visa Credit. Applying for CREDIT card is a different kettle of fish. The reason for the documentation is to check if you are credit worthy. So kindly apply for a VISA DEBIT CARD.
I beg, make una help me naw.

Learnt Diamond hs only two cards: d visa debit card & d visa credit card.

Someone said d one in d pic couldnt pay on aliexpress & I'm already processing d other card, being d visa Credit card, now I am to APPLY FOR VISA DEBIT CARD. I beg which one is dis? Is it diff. frm d one in d pic I posted which is also their ATM card?

I hv already submitted d processing form for Visa credit card tdy, should I ask them 2 halt action? Pls help, it's getting confusing.

Pls can any1 offer to upload a pic of d acceptable diamond card for aliexpress here 4 clarity?

Thk u all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Win International Open Forex Trade Competition! / Wholesale Price Of Huggies Pampers / 6 Powerful Reasons Why All Business Startups Should Start Financial Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.