Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Higher Everyday For 15 July, 2014 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday For 15 July, 2014 (795 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Higher Everyday For 16 July, 2014 / Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Higher Everyday For 15 July, 2014 by oghalesluv(m): 7:24am On Jul 15, 2014
Good morning and welcome to todays Higher Everyday for Tuesday, July 15, 2014

TITLE : WICKED WAYS.

Text:"Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed of the signs of Heaven; for heathen are dismay at them."Jeremiah10:2(KJV)

In Dying Testimonies of Saved and Unsaved, Solomon Benjamin Shaw narrated the testimony of John, an only child of a godly couple who imbibed dreadful principles
from a non-believing roommate at college. As a result, John hardened his heart towards
embracing Christianity.

He referred to the Bible as “a compiled mess of trash imposed
on the public. I would rather go to hell than bow to that impostor (Jesus Christ) and be dependent on his merits for salvation.” On
his death bed, following an accident, John cried focusing his eyes on his roommate, “You have brought me to this, and you have
damned my soul! May the curses of the Almighty and the Lamb rest upon your soul forever.”

John died without Christ. Our text
sternly warns, “…learn not the way of the heathen”. Let me ask you: Who is your friend? Some youths have through the
influence of ungodly friends become atheists. Shun evil friendship; submit to God
and fellowship with God’s children. Surely, heaven will be your reward.

Challenge: Learn not the way of the heathen.

Prayer:Lord, help me to shun the way of the ungodly.

Further Reading:2 Corinthians 6:14-18.

Quotation:Shun evil friendship.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches And Their Madness 3: Winners Chapel By Imoh David / Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture / What If Your Pastor Comes To Church In These Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.