Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture (798 Views)

Help! I Dont See Anywhere Females Where Baptised By The Apostles / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Top Nigerian Pastors Seen In Hell, & Others That Might Miss The Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2014
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Believers that were not baptised right had to be rebaptised in the Name of Jesus Christ before the Holy Ghost could come on them.

No one was ever baptised in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost because the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

If you haven't repented AND been baptised in Jesus Christ name, your sins have not been remitted, and thus the rapture may be out of the question for you.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Rich4god(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2014
SMH for christians...

2 Likes

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by jdilight(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe: Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Believers that were not baptised right had to be rebaptised in the Name of Jesus Christ before the Holy Ghost could come on them.

No one was ever baptised in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost because the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

If you haven't repented AND been baptised in Jesus Christ name, your sins have not been remitted, and thus the rapture would be out of the question for you.

Every born again has the spirit of God.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2014
jdilight:

Every born again has the spirit of God.

A born again, is someone who is born (baptised) of water and born (baptised) of the Spirit, at least, according to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. If you are not born of water properly, you can't be said to be born again according to God's definition.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by 2cato: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Any body who confeses christ as his lord and personal saviour has the spirit of God in him thru jesus christ
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by jdilight(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

A born again, is someone who is born (baptised) of water and born (baptised) of the Spirit, at least, according to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. If you are not born of water properly, you can't be said to be born again according to God's definition.

The water in the verse you quoted is not the water of baptism, but of the word of God.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
jdilight:

The water in the verse you quoted is not the water of baptism, but of the word of God.

Show me where the Bible said so in that verse.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by jdilight(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

Show me where the Bible said so in that verse.

The water mention in this verse is the word of God which still contain the spirit of God. No one can be born again without the word of God, anyone who think otherwise is just claiming.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
jdilight:

The water mention in this verse is the word of God which still contain the spirit of God. No one can be born again without the word of God, anyone who think otherwise is just claiming.

You say so. I could say a thing too, but the Word said His Word. Show me where the Word said the water in that verse and context is the Word.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by jdilight(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

You say so. I could say a thing too, but the Word said His Word. Show me where the Word said the water in that verse and context is the Word.

If you study the word as a book, you will not understand it. But if the spirit of God open it for you, you will. Jesus told the samaritan woman "whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give himshall never thirst.." John 4:14 (the word of God).

Baptism cannot make one a born again, it is when you are born again that you go for baptism.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
2cato: Any body who confeses christ as his lord and personal saviour has the spirit of God in him thru jesus christ

Not preceisely. Trusting or believing, which makes you confess, is a distinct event from receiving the Spirit of God. Trusting comes before the event of receiving the Spirit of God. The two are not synonymous and the latter could be years away from the former or may even never get to occur if the 'truster' or believer does not go on to obey the Lord, of which the first evidence of that obedience is water baptism.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise[i][/i],
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
jdilight:

If you study the word as a book, you will not understand it. But if the spirit of God open it for you, you will. Jesus told the samaritan woman "whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give himshall never thirst.." John 4:14 (the word of God).

Baptism cannot make one a born again, it is when you are born again that you go for baptism.

I could give you many instances in the Bible where water meant simply water. The scripture you quoted is a separate scripture from the one we are talking about. You could say they relate, that's fine, but where did the Word say they relate and other plain 'water' scriptures do not relate?

Baptism does not make one born again, but, according to Jesus, you can's say you are born again except you are born of water. If the second part of that scripture (born of the Spirit) meant literally baptised in the Spirit, you have to agree that born of water also means baptised in water and the early conversions recorded in the book of Acts prove it so. There was always water baptism immediately following belief in the Truth.

Where water baptism was excluded, the Holy Spirit was excluded as evidenced by Acts 19:1-5.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
So those of us who think beyond the Rapistt God are damned right?

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
ifeness: So those of us who think beyond the Rapistt God are damned right?

You said so.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

You said so.

I'm asking you! Because you seem to only reason in one direction. Do you even have a shred of evidence of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
ifeness:

I'm asking you! Because you seem to only reason in one direction. Do you even have a shred of evidence of Jesus?

People who ever achieved anything in life were very single minded. Do you have a shred of evidence that you are alive?
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

People who ever achieved anything in life were very single minded. Do you have a shred of evidence that you are alive?

Start by justifying the existence of jesus first.

Life itself is an achievement, so i guess we all have achieved something. But what i meant is that you think your ways is the only way even when you are totally wrong. Giving ones life to Jesus doesn't make sense at all. You probably think this person cares about you one bit. Sorry he doesn't .

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by finofaya: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
If only the rapture could come and take you lot away this minute.

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
And talking about Rapture, how the hell did you come about that? Huh? This is 2014! Let's not replace thoughts with faith,that's dangerous !

2 Likes

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
finofaya: If only the rapture could come and take you lot away this minute.

I hope the Christians dont fall for this slave ship thing,otherwise it's gonna be hard labour on another planet. The last dude i will love to spend eternity with is the bible virgin rap1st God.

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by finofaya: 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
ifeness: I hope the Christians dont fall for this slave ship thing,otherwise it's gonna be hard labour on another planet. The last dude i will love to spend eternity with is the bible virgin rap1st God.

Lmao!!! What would you call eternal praise singing?
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
finofaya:

Lmao!!! What would you call eternal praise singing?

That's is like singing and worshiping the slave master yahweh for ever and ever. To me, that is the most brutal punishment ever!

And he will be having sex with his virgins

1 Like

Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by jdilight(m): 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
SisterMe:

I could give you many instances in the Bible where water meant simply water. The scripture you quoted is a separate scripture from the one we are talking about. You could say they relate, that's fine, but where did the Word say they relate and other plain 'water' scriptures do not relate?

Baptism does not make one born again, but, according to Jesus, you can's say you are born again except you are born of water. If the second part of that scripture (born of the Spirit) meant literally baptised in the Spirit, you have to agree that born of water also means baptised in water and the early conversions recorded in the book of Acts prove it so. There was always water baptism immediately following belief in the Truth.

Where water baptism was excluded, the Holy Spirit was excluded as evidenced by Acts 19:1-5.

Born of is different from born in. Born of water means water is part of your make up and born of the Spirit means the Spirit is a part of you. Baptised in water or in Spirit is different from born of. When you are of something, that thing is part of you. When you are in some thing, that thing is not part of you. When you come out of that thing that thin leaves you. But when something is part of you, you can't take it out of yourself.

I hope you understand it now.
Re: Baptised In The Name Of The Lord Jesus Christ? If No, You May Miss The Rapture by SisterMe(f): 12:57am On Oct 18, 2016
Have you been baptised right in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ?

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening To Our Naija General Overseer (pastors) / What If Your Pastor Comes To Church In These Shoes? / ‪How Should Christians View The Intellect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.