Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,549 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years (10565 Views)

I Decided To Cook After 3years! / Disgusting Things Ever Found In Food. / Disgusting Meal Breakers,photos Of Animals Found In Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2014
The poor man on the street will never understand this grammar cos it doesn't matter to him where his 3 square meals (if at all) comes from.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Deinma1986: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2014
This is a good news. lets also stop the importation of Generators, and their likes. the country will be self reliant. Kudos to our president.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by DeoGratias1(m): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Good news

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Abel202: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2014
Kudos Mr president for this one.
You are certainly on the right track as far as Agriculture is concerned.
You are doing great in many areas.
But your fight against corruption is non existent and you are not doing well in securing the nation as well.
Tidy up the fight against corruption & security and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by chrisdoller(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Where are the APC fools make fem come criticize GEJ till my grandmama breast stand like that of cossy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2014
sunnyshayne: The poor man on the street will never understand this grammar cos it doesn't matter to him where his 3 square meals (if at all) comes from.
The poor man isn't meant to understand everything. In fact not everything is meant to be understood. Instead of seeking to understand the grammar your poor man should take advantage of the agric revolution ongoing to improve his life.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by toluxa1(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2014
TRADELYN: How does this solve the rising hunger problem

Part of the problem is in the way food is stored and transported. If we improved and expanded railways....as well as building more silos for example....we may bring down food costs....and make food cheaper.

Of course....the goal now should be NET exporter of food....that is what we should be aiming for.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Eneze1(f): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2014
Kudos to the Minister of Agriculture Akinwumi Adesina

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by dre247(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2014
Good news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by huhmuhyehmi(m): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2014
Ok, I hear...make I go claim my land for village to begin farming grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by DWJOBScom(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2014
I won't stop praying for Nigeria my country and will always defend it's walls!!!

I won't stop praying for you my president and your team!!

I will invest in every opportunity made available and join the rank of stakeholders in wealth creation and capacity building

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Sagamite(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Well done to Akinwumi Adesina!

A genius that can perform even under a cretinous person like GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Adenugay(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2014
hmmmmmm...does that improved the standard of living?

Jonathan Gets PDP Reps Members Endorsement For 2015; Speaker Tambuwal Absent >>> http://www..com/jonathan-gets-pdp-reps-members-endorsement-for-2015/
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Sagamite(m): 11:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Standard007: And after dem haters go say GEJ no d work!!!

GEJ 2019 na u we know biko!!

If u no like am, Cameroon is not far!!!

You are a person!

How is this due to GEJ?

Let me hear your product of a failed education system answer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Generalkorex(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2014
if dis is true,then we are moving closer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Sagamite(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2014
ichidodo: All thanks to the good 'cassava bread' policy of our dearest presido...Gej 4 EVER...

condralbede: GEJ is working.....APC is criticizing..... BH is bombing.No matter all thorns we shall get thr.Nice one Mr President.

Itoroetti: God bless u sir for the uplift in our economy.
even the worst critics knows that u are performing but due to partisan politics,they wont accept.by d time u leave office by 2019,even the world will celebrate u

chrisdoller: Where are the APC fools make fem come criticize GEJ till my grandmama breast stand like that of cossy grin

I want to hear from these fucktards too how they decided to credit the Reetardeen for this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2014
APContherun:
The poor man isn't meant to understand everything. In fact not everything is meant to be understood. Instead of seeking to understand the grammar your poor man should take advantage of the agric revolution ongoing to improve his life.

its because of people like you that made kayode fayemi to loose his election. High sounding and thinking everybody must think like you.
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Part of the problem is in the way food is stored and transported. If we improved and expanded railways....as well as building more silos for example....we may bring down food costs....and make food cheaper.

Of course....the goal now should be NET exporter of food....that is what we should be aiming for.
good points. There are on-going projects in those areas. Silos are being built in some states. It's quite appalling that past government, over the years, neglected those areas. And needed change cannot happen over night.

@topic. Good development. Kudos to GEJ, and to the quiet but hard-working minister of Agriculture.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by huptin(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2014
Good news, if GEJ can shed his affinity for corruption and corrupt people and tackle our security challenges head on like a man........ i will become his biggest fan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Arosa(m): 11:55am On Jul 15, 2014
Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Sagamite(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2014
huptin: Good news, if GEJ can shed his affinity for corruption and corrupt people and tackle our security challenges head on like a man........ i will become his biggest fan.

Keep dreaming. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A man known for rewarding corruption? grin

After sending convicted criminals to national conference to decide the future of Nigerians, this person sent another criminal, Amos Adamu to represent Nigeria in discussions with FIFA.

That is the person we have as President!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by tuslakoncept: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Do you need help with Business registration and write ups? (Company Profile/Brochure, Business Proposal, Business Plans, Letters, Presentation...)
Call/Whatsapp 07031315222 or BB: 2A4E4D29 today
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by rigarmortis: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
president GEJ is working sire.
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by anonimi: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
princechrming: And in other news our presidency spends N1 billion on food, however been purportedly lowered to N494 million.

And you think the presidency food bill is just for the First family only, right

What % of YOUR state and LGA budgets do you think is devoted to the governor's and LGA chairman's food/entertainment
When you have that info come back here let's have a serious discussion, maybe even on a separate thread so as not to derail this one on a beautiful realisation of the Jonathan/Sambo administration that the Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) Agbaya of Owu could not achieve in eight WASTED years.

MadCow1: And Jonathan is eating 1 billion Naira worth of the food every year and we all are eating the remaining 1 billion. grin

I thought the drop is expressed in $.
Are you confused and wish to spread your confusion to others

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by DoctorMcgruff: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
sunnyshayne: The poor man on the street will never understand this grammar cos it doesn't matter to him where his 3 square meals (if at all) comes from.

the poor man on the steet will understand the grammar when prices for garri drop because it will be made locally and not imported.....next
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by dimobro(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
It's a welcome development. We need to further develop our economy by delving in agriculture on commercial basis.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by anonimi: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
DoctorMcgruff:

the poor man on the steet will understand the grammar when prices for garri drop because it will be made locally and not imported.....next

The price of garri MAY not drop immediately as previously UNSATISFIED demand and NEW uses for cassava gets fulfilled through greater production of the staple.
The BETTER IMMEDIATE measurement of the veracity of this statement is the IMPROVED income of farmers and agricultural/agro-allied investors/business people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
ZUBY77: This is one of the things that the partisan criminals from the north fail to see.
Give us the power..thats all they want.

How on earth do you want power when you know you are going to drag the nation backwards?

Rather than dragging everybody down, Why not agree on regional govt so that you can test your leadership capabilities with your people first?

The development recorded in the south east alone in the past four years surpasses that of the entire north
Individuals build nations, govt only create conducive environment, support and security. The same security the north is destroying.
Re: Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years by mikolo80: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Make there ppl de lie small small na. All i want to say is how many olam rice or ebonyi rice have any of you bought before. 1billion dollars no be main main o. If you truly produce 2bill worth of food garri will not be 150 per kongo or rice 300 per k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To 2 Get Fat / Alternative To Wheat Flour / What Is Nigeria's National Drink?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.