Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Amazing Facts About Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amazing Facts About Africa (25169 Views)

Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados. / 50 Amazing Facts About The Statue Of Liberty / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Ceasar1: What makes Africa unique from other continents?... The Hot Sun. grin

I love being Black.. grin

grin grin
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Kezifils(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2014
I learn something new everyday. Thanks to this site.
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by femi4: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Is Algeria the largest truly?
Top 5

1. Algeria 2,381,741

2. Congo, Democratic Republic. 2,344,858 sqkm

3. Sudan 1,861,484 sqkm

4. Libya 1,759,540 sqkm

5. Chad 1,284,000 sqkm

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Obanleowo(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2014
how come its not developed
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by pimplucious: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Ok, why I'm I not seeing Cape Verde in that map? Isn't Cape Verde part of Africa?
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Funniez: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Proud to be an African. But Op, did u say Algeria is the largest country in Africa? I think say na Naija o
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by moscobabs(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Africa has the most callious leaders in the world
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Harmvirus(f): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Proudly African
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2014
I love this so much! Especially that Renaissance statue in Senegal. Epic! Proud to be AFRICAN!!!
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2014
What is in Angola that attracts many Chinese?? 2. So Angola is the largest country in Africa?
Pls I need answer
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 16, 2014
femi4: Top 5

1. Algeria 2,381,741

2. Congo, Democratic Republic. 2,344,858 sqkm

3. Sudan 1,861,484 sqkm

4. Libya 1,759,540 sqkm

5. Chad 1,284,000 sqkm
Nigeria no even dey top5, nawa o
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2014
Proudly African
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 16, 2014
Funniez: Proud to be an African. But Op, did u say Algeria is the largest country in Africa? I think say na Naija o
you and ur geography teacher quarrel?

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Pdizzle(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2014
I love this, God bless the sleeping sons of Jacob
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by dunsin4christ(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2014
tnx bro. do u knw dat Lesotho is a country found inside South Africa?
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Pdizzle(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2014
alexdidi: I love this so much! Especially that Renaissance statue in Senegal. Epic! Proud to be AFRICAN!!!
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2014
A lot of u r mixing up wat d OP said, algeria is d largest in space nd size not population which am sure happens to b naija. @ the post- in mma next life ill come bak as an african
Thank u OP for d enlightenment. We learn everyday, esp dat african war neva heard of it. Thanks once again.
*proudlyanafricanwoman*
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Taiwo20(m): 9:49am On Jul 16, 2014
prof800: My name is prof800 and I am from Africa.

I am not a terrorist...
I am not a tribalist...
I am not a r.apist...
I am not a racist...
I am not corrupt...
sad

I am just that palm-wine tapper...
from the Rain Forests of AFRICA!

[img]http://4.bp..com/_X-srQZL85Mw/TDypuDbpvUI/AAAAAAAAAE8/4CE614LaMjE/s1600/Toddy+Tapper.jpg[/img]

AFRICA, MY AFRICA!!!

thats no a palm tree or raffia palm. its looks like ornamental palm
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Solodegreat24(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Top 10 largest African Countries by Areas

* Source: CIA The World Factbook

Africa is made up of over fifty sovereign nations, and several more territories and dependencies. Of the countries in Africa

Algeria is the largest country by area, with an area of 2,381,740 square kilometers. Algeria is situated in northwestern Africa, and its capital is in Algiers. Algeria has a population of over 33 million.

The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the second largest country in Africa, falling just behind Algeria, with an area of 2,344,858 square miles. The DRC is located in Central Africa, and its capital is in Kinshasa. The Democratic Republic of the Congo has a population of almost 72 million.

The Republic of the Sudan is the third largest nation, with 1,861,484 square kilometers in area. Sudan is located in northeastern Africa, and its capital is located in Khartoum. The population of Sudan is about 67 million.

The fourth largest country in Africa is Libya, with an area of 1,759,540. Libya is situated in the far north of Africa along the Mediterranean Sea, and its capital is Tripoli. The population of Libya is just over 6 million people.

Chad is in fifth place for largest African countries by area, with a total area of about 1,284,000 square kilometers. Chad is centrally located in Africa, and its capital is N'Djamena. The population of Chad is about 10.1 million.
Niger has the sixth largest area in Africa, with its area measuring about 1,267,000 square kilometers.
Niger is a central African country, with its capital in Niamey. The population of Niger is almost 14 millions.
Angola has an area of 1,246,700 square kilometers, making it seventh largest in the African continent.

Angola is a southwestern nation, with its capital in Lunda, and its population numbers under 16 million.

Mali takes eighth place in terms of largest countries in Africa, with an area of 1,240,192 square kilometers. Mali is located in West Africa, and its capital is in Bamako. The population of Mali is about 13.5 million.

South Africa is the ninth largest country in Africa. Located in the far south of the African continent, South Africa has an area of 1,221,037 square kilometers. The capital of South Africa is in three cities: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, and Pretoria, and the population of the country is about 47.5 million.

The tenth largest country in Africa by area is Ethiopia, which is located in eastern Africa.

NB: Nigeria is d largest country by population
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by dragon2(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2014
True size of Africa. cool

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Naledi14(f): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2014
Wow just love my continent. It feels good to be african.
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2014
Great stuff! God bless Africa!

btw, seems the Southern African has the bulk concentration of wealth, agriculture et al. Mmmmhh

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by mickyarams: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Africa is such an awesome continent. It's a shame it's plagued with bad leaders. I wonder what the shameless animals discuss in the African Union meetings. They should all be lined up and shot in the head. They have made us the laughing stock of the world. I know one day things will get better. We Africans need to start believing in ourselves, because it is us that can transform this continent not the white man that only comes to take advantage of our bad leadership to get whatever resources they want.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by condralbede(m): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Nice one tapper.
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by DarkLover: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2014
alienvirus: Africa shall rule the world soon.

It should be "Afrika shall rule the world again" . Because they ruled beforesmiley
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by lomprico(m): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2014
No 2 is wrong! USA colonised liberia.
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2014
BluIvy: Great stuff! God bless Africa!

btw, seems the Southern African has the bulk concentration of wealth, agriculture et al. Mmmmhh
That's why there are whites living in South Africa to rob the continent of all it's gold, and the reason there is war in the Congo is over Cobalt which is used in phones, PC's, Tv's, Laptops etc... the whites started the war between the different tribes so they can maintain control over their resources otherwise they would have to pay extortionate prices to the Congolese because it can't be found anywhere else in the world, they've been using the same method all over Africa since they arrived, that's why they don't like Mugabe he kicked them out and retook control. Too many Africans don't understand that Africa is underdeveloped because during colonization they were brainwashed after foolishly trusting the whites, oyinbos are the only real problem. People better understand right now.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2014
And the Languages in Nigeria alone is more than that in america and even europe sef!
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by justwise(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2014
HandOfChukwu: That's why there are whites living in South Africa to rob the continent of all it's gold, and the reason there is war in the Congo is over Cobalt which is used in phones, PC's, Tv's, Laptops etc... the whites started the war between the different tribes so they can maintain control over their resources otherwise they would have to pay extortionate prices to the Congolese because it can't be found anywhere else in the world, they've been using the same method all over Africa since they arrived, that's why they don't like Mugabe he kicked them out and retook control. Too many Africans don't understand that Africa is underdeveloped because during colonization they were brainwashed after foolishly trusting the whites, oyinbos are the only real problem. People better understand right now.

Don't mislead people with such propaganda
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2014
rozzay: A lot of u r mixing up wat d OP said, algeria is d largest in space nd size not population which am sure happens to b naija. @ the post- in mma next life ill come bak as an african
Thank u OP for d enlightenment. We learn everyday, esp dat african war neva heard of it. Thanks once again.
*proudlyanafricanwoman*

Hello. Sent u an email
Re: Amazing Facts About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2014
justwise:

Don't mislead people with such propaganda
How is that propaganda?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride / Nnamdi Ezechi Survives Accident As Mopol Attached To Him Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.