Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94583 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hameenat94: This z xo lovely! @least d depression z wearing off.. Weldone dear
Abi o.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
Weldone Queen more knowledge
Re: Generation To Generations... by KelvinGraphics(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Queenxstar: I'm sure Kelvin will be pleased to read this, I'll transfer it to him.
undecided
Or is it not my own Kelvin??
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2014
snowprince07: Weldone Queen more knowledge
Thanks Snowprincy .

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2014
KelvinGraphics: undecided
Or is it not my own Kelvin??
Only if you're Kelvin Sigismund.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Aliyuozioma(f): 9:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Kudos to Kel, weldone ma'am following u bumper to bumper
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2014
nice update

weldone Queen am enjoying the story

more grease to your ink
Re: Generation To Generations... by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Queenxstar: Only if you're Kelvin Sigismund.

I may be o
Re: Generation To Generations... by Topsy42(f): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
waitin 4 more update dearie
Re: Generation To Generations... by lyzee21(f): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Queenxstar: I'm sure Kelvin will be pleased to read this, I'll transfer it to him.
oh my dear.... I'll be so hapy if u cld do dat 4 me.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2014
My Queen, uve not been seeing me around is as a result of unfollowing u unknowingly n thinking uve not bin updating,but now dat am bk,I will say give me moreee*winks
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2014
-+*-*+-

Kelvin looked up from his food to study her.

'You're sounding as if you've forgotten, I used to have the luxury of travelling out of the country. Besides I am not aeroacrophobic and I have not been one to suffer travellers sickness. ' Katherine declared before dabbing her mouth.

They were seated to lunch in the company restaurant.

'And Kathy, this period the weather is...' He continued more of anxiety than her safety.

'For crying out Kel, I know... I know.' She told him in a  crispy manner and then she smiled. 'Maybe you should write a list of your fears so I can tick the ones you don't have to bother about. '

He exhaled and massaged his brows. Get a grip on yourself man. He chided himself. 'Fair enough. ' He returned with a smile of his own. 'Can I help you divide your fish into tiny bits? '

'Not in this life time! ' She retorted.

Kelvin chuckled merrily.

A week back, She had received a package from an international delivery service and to her amazement when she opened, it was from Camilla and they contained travelling documents.

Surely she must gotten help from her brother because she had wanted her to come over to California for her two weeks vacation.

At first, she had panicked but she had eventually told God and when she felt an overwhelming peace, she began to look forward to her stay abroad.

Camilla had been so excited when she told her she would coming. She had gone ahead to pay for her flight ticket too.

Kelvin had half expected her to burst into his office soon after he was aware that she had gotten the parcel and demanded an explanation but she came and informed him of her plans with his sister like she was seeking permission.

He had told her he intend taking few days to see his family and if she didn't mind, they could go together.

She didn't mind to his astonishment.

+*-

They discussed, read through articles and delibrated, from business to health, to entertainment and so on while they were airborne.

They joked, teased each other until Katherine realised that her companion might not close his eyes until she did.

She had seen him blinked severally and stifled yawns, so she closed her eyes and within twenty minutes, he was fast asleep.

She touched his curly, shining, black hair lightly, something she felt like doing most times when she saw him.
He looked so handsome and so much like a child that he almost reached to touch his face but she knew gesture would wake him.

She was going to meet the rest of his family and she could see he was delighted of her decision to honor the invitation. He couldn't even mask it.

She beamed.

She was going to beat herself up with disturbing thoughts especially fear of the unknown- would his mum and younger sister approve of her as Camilla and Franklin had?

She removed the bottled water that was on Kelvin's  lap seeing it was going to fall any minute and placed it in a compartment.

She sat back and closed her eyes singing one of her favorite hymn in her mind.

+*+
-+*

The music blasted from the speakers and the dj was doing a wonderful job of making distinguished guest and the member of the household shake a part or most of the parts of their bodies.

Some had converted the center of the large sitting room to a dance floor with Kafayat and her finance dancing like they were doing dance practice for their wedding fixed for the coming year.

Aisha was dresssed in a nude-colored expensive embroidery caftan gown with the most expensive jeweleries in her collection gracing her ears, neck and wrists. She used to an importer of jeweleries before her fiftieth birthday.

A spiritual leader would have grace the celebration more of a thanksgiving if not that the Yekinis were in the intercept of both the Islamic and Christianity circles.

Her eyes drifted from Shakirat identical twins daughters doing justice to the music playing on the dance floor, to Basirat who was seated on the sofa heavy with triplets in the company of her husband who wouldn't leave her side. And then to Shakirat and her husband who were chatting with some of their guests.

She had so looked forward to the celebration she had mastermind that she urged Yerima to invite Adama, the on air personality who had gotten pregnant for her son and when she heard that she was from the eastern part of the country, adamantly refused to give her consent and convince other members of the family likewise. Hence, Yerima didn't marry her.

The boy of six years was indeed a chip off her son's shoulders who was seated on his fathers's lap chatting while his mother looked on and listened trying to suppress the memories of the psychology battles the family of the father of her child had served hot and steaming at her.

Aisha beamed like a fulfilled crowned queen knowing their presence had made her son happy, she wouldnt even mind if the two rekindled their old flame, though she hadn't told Yerima.

She lifted the tumbler containing Baileys Irish cream whiskey and took a gulp.

Whoever said things were not well with her family.

+++

3 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2014
I'm sincerely sorry for my absence, I had to do some emotional sorting out.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:39am On Sep 20, 2014
Aliyuozioma: Kudos to Kel, weldone ma'am following u bumper to bumper
.Thank you dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Topsy42: waitin 4 more update dearie
Food is served dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2014
Candis009: My Queen, uve not been seeing me around is as a result of unfollowing u unknowingly n thinking uve not bin updating,but now dat am bk,I will say give me moreee*winks
Welcome back Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kool update Queen Estar...Hv a grt weekend
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Please don't forget to drop your comment, thanks.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
nnekamezor: Kool update Queen Estar...Hv a grt weekend
You too Nneoma.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by D9ty7(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Are you a fan of stories that reflect family life and scandals. THE WEB is one of such stories. Written by Candy.
This is the story of two women whose lives are interwoven in ways
they can't even imagine...a story of desperation and survival at
dangerous costs.
This is the link.... https://www.nairaland.com/1902597/web...
Read and you won't be disappointed.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Katherine gasped, nothing in all her seeings had prepared her for the beauty before her, so exquisite that she would have hugged the house if it were possible.

'This is out of the world.' It came more of a muffle than a whisper because she was careful not qualify the building in litotes.

Painted majorly with white and located on a prime corner lot of the renowned Gold Coast of Pacific Heights, San Francisco. The more than a mansion building stood over 16,000 square feet with unparalleled views of the Golden Gate Bridge and beyond.

Katherine was certain Franklin had nothing but the best in the construction of the house. It was oozing with class and style.

When Camilla took her hand to lead her in, she almost refused afraid she was going to wake up from her dream if she took a step forward but then,her grip tightened on Camilla's.

'I'm nervous.' She told her.

'Even If you profess that, I don't believe it.' Camilla told her firmly and glanced at her brother.

Kelvin needed no oral message as she took Katherine other hand and they led her in.

Camilla pressed the door bell and screamed into the mouth piece. 'We are here, open the door before I bring it down!'

Kelvin chuckled.

In less than twenty seconds, the door slided opened and they came face to face with a lady Katherine knew was Kelvin and Camilla's medical doctor sister.

'Jeez! ' She exclaimed and embraced her brother.

Kelvin stood rigid and didn't return the embrace.

'I'm sorry Kel, I'm very sorry for not even coming once to see you.' She was looking into his eyes. 'You know unlike Cam, I can't be in a place as enclosed as a plane for such a long time.' Her eyes glistened and held his arm with both hands. 'Please forgive me big brother.'

Silence prevailed and this time, Camilla grip on Katherine tightened.

'Apologies accepted.' He embraced her. 'I've missed you.'

'I've missed you, I've being feeling so awfully guilty.'

Camilla smiled and fought back the tears that were now stinging her eyes.

When the embrace ended, Kelvin approached his mother who had watched the reunion all in smile and memories but her countenance changed.

His facial expression became blanked as faced her.

They observed each other and seconds passed.

'I won't take that innocent than thou attitude you gave your sister, so don't think of displaying it. Your dad kept giving me excuses but understanding them doesn't mean accepting them. Kelvin Sigismund, I have no guilt whatsoever, not even a iota. '

Camilla rolled her eyes.

Her elder daughter twitched her lips.

'Mum.' His brow narrowed. 'I would have come if I could but you, you could have always come, after all, everyone else did.' He exhaled. 'We are both guilty.'

'That is right Kelly, apologise first.' His mother returned, her expression serious and her voice was firm.

'Goodness mummy, you never change! ' He became sober. 'I'm sorry mum, I really am and God knows...it's not been easy living those years without seeing my beloved mum and how I wished you will call someday to inform me you'll be coming to Nigeria with or without Camilla.' Kelvin went into her arms and tears had formed in his eyes.

'Forgive me honey, forgive me.' She held him tight, her eyes closed and tears trickled. 'I've missed you so much and I have looked forward to this day. Don't be crossed with me , I've be selfish and insensitive. I blessed God for bringing you back in my arms safe and sound. ' She kissed his cheek.

It ended and he walked back to Camilla and Katherine who were standing pass the door.

Kelvin embraced Camilla. 'Thank you for breaching the gap. You're the best.' He whispered.

Camilla giggled. 'You are best brother in the whole wide world.'

Mother and daughter had their eyes on Katherine.

He took Katherine's hand and led to the midst of them all.

'You two meet her, the one you know but in the physical. Let me start the introduction with my darling mum, Kathy meet Darlene Sigismund, I'm sure you marvelled at her firmness, she retired as a principal. Mummy meet Katherine Sylvester.'

Katherine stepped forward and the older woman embraced her. 'Welcome to the family honey.'

'Thank you ma, it gives me great joy to finally meet you.'

'Camilla had not stopped talking about you since she returned, same with my husband.' She was a beauty.even in her mid fifties, Kelvin and his immediate younger sister were simply a replica of her. 'But they both skipped the part that you're a beautiful beauty. '

Katherine chuckled. 'Having seen Mr Franklin and you have left me less awed of how gorgeous Kelvin, Camilla and...'

'Katherine meet my lovely sister, she is the medical director of Sigismund Medical Centre Kayla Sigismund, Kay meet Katherine Sylvester.'

Katherine embraced her and Kayla kissed her on a cheek.

'An honour meeting you dear finally, like mum said, you've been the news we breathe in and out since Camilla arrived.

She chuckled. 'You look so gorgeous Kay and I love your profession.'

They all sat in the elegant sitting room that showcases two grand staircases that accesses the top two levels and precedes the formal sitting room and dining room. A gallery leads to the heart of the home, which is a central gathering space that features an open epicurean kitchen connecting to an informal dining room, breakfast nook, family room, and intimate library. A rare walk-out south garden and brick terrace wrap around the home inviting outdoor living in a private setting.The second floor is devoted to the family living quarters. The east end is comprised of large bedrooms, connected to one another through corridors. The west wing encompasses the expansive master suite, formerly the home’s original library, which maintains the handsome classical detailing, intricate moldings, and original fireplace.
An immense Bay window captures extraordinary views toward the Golden Gate Bridge. complete the master suite.Continuing up the main staircase to the upper-most level, the inspired vision of the home is capped by three rooftop terraces, all with commanding views of iconic San Francisco landmarks. Inside, the upper floor plan offers an abundance of space given to the pursuits of leisure, study, and play with a family room, game room, offices, and so on.

'I wanted you two to meet first so I kept this news for such a long time.' They looked at him. 'You two are twins. '

'Twins?' Kayla blinked severally then shook her head. 'Kelly, what are you talking about? '

Katherine brows darkened but she said nothing.

'Yes, I discovered that when I checked Katherine's bio data. Same day, month and year of birth. '

Kayla shrieked in delight. 'I have a twin sister!'

Darlene and Camilla beamed.

Katherine was so stunned that she recovered when she realised that Kayla was embracing her a second time.

Hence, the grand welcome began.
+++

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by vivikul(f): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
interesting
Re: Generation To Generations... by lyzee21(f): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wow! Love dis update o... Its so interestng. Queen, tanks 4 d update, wen are we expectng anoda 1?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Twins! Wonderful update.... His family re xo amazing... Was scared @1st tot His family would b d hostile type nd d Yerimas, well fingers crossed
Re: Generation To Generations... by Aliyuozioma(f): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2014
dis is wow
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2014
QUEENXESTAR! always remember am ur NUMBER ONE fan! I tell u and still telling u, YOU ARE MY WRITER OF THE YEAR. one moment I am following b4 I know it a sweet twist sets in. Beautiful update sweet distributions just lovely
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2014

Darlene had treated them to a late breakfast when they eventually freshened up having had a good dose of rest.

Kelvin had taken one of the cars and drove them to SIC California, the headquarters of  United State branches, they were warmly received and by the time they left an hour later, having met most of the staff and taken a tour of the massive production company, Katherine had left them two or more suggestions that had left the Managing director nodding impressed and his secretary scribbling in a note pad.

Afterwards, he took to one of  United States' most scenic and famous national parks, Yosemite National Park in Northern California.

By the time got home after spending about three hours, chatting, exchanging talks with tourist, posing and taking photographs, running around, refreshments and so on, they were exhausted but happy.

Katherine had been fascinated.

+++

*-+
Unlike Katherine, Kelvin was not on vacation so after being indoors the next day, he travelled to one of the company's branch in Latin America. Not before privately instructing the ladies in his life to take good care of his Jewel.

Kayla drove Katherine to her hospital from the airport after they dropped off Kelvin.

She was thrilled the hospital standard, the respect they accorded Kayla and was awed when they got to her office and her eyes read the inscribed words on each accolade in her office.

She was friendly but Katherine knew she was introverted and she observed it might be borne out of cautiousness.

Camilla later joined them and they went for a shopping spree after which they had gone home to cook.

She learnt from them and was grateful she came, she had spent more time laughing than she had done in some years of her life.

In the midst of it all, Darlene had come and whisked her away for a friend's dinner despite the protest of her daughters.

It couldn't get better, could it? '

+++

Katherine approached the midst of the garden where Kayla was seated carrying a mini tray containing two juice glass and a pack of juice.

She stood for about half a minute watching Kayla who was staring into space before crossing over,dropping the tray on the table and serving the juice.
She handed a glass to Kayla who mouthed her appreciation.

They took sips and silence prevailed.

Katherine said few  prayers in her mind before speaking. 'I have a weakness of observing people, and most times, my conclusions are usually ninety percent correct.'

Kayla directed all her attention to her.

'Every time you are alone, you seem to go out of your environment and your face expresses a kind of bitterness.'

Kayla sighed.

'Dearie, what is wrong or better still what is the challenge? Is it a patient before you went on vacation, is it a patient that passed on? I understand that medical doctor see and go through a lot in the course of their profession.' Katherine continued calmly.

Kay managed a smile. 'Kathy I don't allow my profession interfere with my personal life, I do my best and allow God take charge.'

'Thanks for the information sis, I can now infer that there is a challenge but it is not profession-related.' Katherine smiled. 'One of the reasons we are human and not perfect is because most times, we have a challenge or battle that make us cry in our clos... '

'Katherine, ' She interrupted with a voice void of emotions. 'We can catch some fun with this time, 'cause there is nothing to talk about, really.' She scrolled through her phone. 'Let me find out if we could go see a movie.'

'I'm sounding nosy but I am not like that every time.' Katherine set the tumbler on the table. 'Listen to me dearie, this last time okay? I was in a situation and something Kelvin told me stuck in my head till date and had transformed me. We are each other angels, whether we like it or not. God cannot come down from heaven and meet our needs even after we've prayed.' She exhaled. 'I am not promising a solution but I know that a problem shared, is a problem on the path of solution.'

Kayla looked away from her. Where they born on same day, place on same path by fate and allowed to meet for a time like this? She heaved

Katherine picked her glass and took a couple of sips while she waited hoping not to dismissed.

'I'll be needing half a dozen boxes of Kleenex.' She managed a shaky laughter at her own sense of humour and turned to look at her companion.

Katherine beamed. 'That can be arranged.'

'I wish I could tell you this without going all weepy.' She bit her lower lips momentarily. 'It is just like opening a healed wound, no...no...' She shook her head. 'The wound never healed, it did not even clot, it only stops bleeding at will.'

Katherine move her chair close and took Kayla's hand in hers. 'Take it all out sis.'

3 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
hassan85: QUEENXESTAR! always remember am ur NUMBER ONE fan! I tell u and still telling u, YOU ARE MY WRITER OF THE YEAR. one moment I am following b4 I know it a sweet twist sets in. Beautiful update sweet distributions just lovely
I feel so honored Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aliyuozioma: dis is wow
Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hameenat94: Twins! Wonderful update.... His family re xo amazing... Was scared @1st tot His family would b d hostile type nd d Yerimas, well fingers crossed
Very amazing my darling. I'm joining you in keeping my fingers crossed about the Yerimas.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
lyzee21: Wow! Love dis update o... Its so interestng. Queen, tanks 4 d update, wen are we expectng anoda 1?
I already dished another dearie

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.