Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) (1010 Views)

How Ojogbane Adegbe Transported N10bn In 17 Suitcases To PDP Chiefs - Today.ng / Meet Nigeria's Malala, Amina Yusuf / 11 Parents Of Nigeria's Abducted Girls Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by Talkcentral: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2014

Pakistani activist on girl child education, MalalaYousafzai, who was shot on the head by Taliban in her country over her crusade on Monday, July 14, 2014 visited President Goodluck Jonathan and announced the donation of $200, 000 from her foundation for the education of Chibok schoolgirls who were abducted by Boko Haram.

Ziauddin Yousafzai, Malala Yousafzai, President Goodluck Jonathan, Coordinating Minister of the Economy Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Min of State Foreign Affairs Prof. Viola Onwuliri

During her visit to the Presidential Villa, the 17-year-old disclosed that President Jonathan gave assurance that he was ready to meet the parents of the abducted schoolgirls at any time.

In his remarks, President Jonathan said: “I personally believe that since about 50 per cent of our population are female, we will be depriving ourselves of half of our available human resources if we fail to educate our girls adequately or suppress their ambitions in any way. We are therefore taking steps to curb all forms of discrimination against girls and women, and have also undertaken many affirmative actions on their behalf.

“Terror is relatively new here and dealing with it has its challenges. The great challenge in rescuing the Chibok girls is the need to ensure that they are rescued alive.The Govt and its security agencies were very mindful of the need to avoid the scenario in rescue attempts in other parts of the world where lives of abductees were lost in the efforts to rescue them.”
[img][/img]
Her Birthday was on the 12th of July. She celebrated by making a wish with young girls

The Director of Operations of Malala Foundation, Shiza Shahid, told State House correspondents that the President said to Malala that “he can guarantee that all the girls that have been kidnapped, including the ones that escaped, will be given scholarships to go to school in other parts of the country”.

July 14 is Malala Day, a day set aside by the United Nations for the world to focus on putting all girls to school.
She said: “I am here in Nigeria on my 17th birthday for a price, which is to see that every child goes to school.
“This year, my objective is to speak up for my Nigerian sisters, about 200 of them who are under the abduction of Boko Haram.

Malala said the Malala Foundation has raised $200,000 for the abducted schoolgirls, adding: “And we want to use it to contribute to those children’s education.

She watched the World Cup Finale – Argentina vs. Germany

Met with relatives of the missing girls

http://www./entertainment/17-yr-old-malala-donates-200000-for-abducted-girls/

Re: JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by 9ijaprince(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
This girl tear eyes oh
Re: JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by Lucasbalo(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice but the clueless president doesn't care about those missing girls. A shame of a preside .
Re: JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by Hangard: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Lucasbalo: Nice but the clueless president doesn't care about those missing girls. A shame of a preside .
And the same clueless President was ready to meet up with the families of the abducted girls and the same family backed out at the 11th hour. Tell me which sane person joke with the life of his or her children. The opposition should do us a favour and produce those girls out wherever they are hiding them.
Re: JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by Lucasbalo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hangard:
And the same clueless President was ready to meet up with the families of the abducted girls and the same family backed out at the 11th hour. Tell me which sane person joke with the life of his or her children. The opposition should do us a favour and produce those girls out wherever they are hiding them.
In a civilized nation, it's not the job of the opposition to take care of the citizens. That's the difference between a country and the one being led by an inept president who's neck deep in corruption. Would those girls had been his children, what do you think will happen ?. We knew what happened when his uncle was kidnapped in bayelsa. Let him put the might of the Feds for the girls as he did for his uncle when he was abducted. Simple as that. I am always surprised while some people settle for mediocrity .
Re: JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) by kokoA(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
Na who account she go pay d money? I no trust nigerians o.

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke’s ‘escape’ From Liberia’s Ebola Virus – Photo / Is There Anything Wrong In GEJ Standing At The Back Row? / Adamawa: Defectors Yet To Get PDP Waiver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.