Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Stumbling Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stumbling Car (1100 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stumbling Car by kenmaro: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Help! My car stumbles as if it wants to stall when accelerating slightly from a stop and it also surges when in motion sometimes especially when my leg is off the accelerator pedal and I am descending a slope. There's no vacuum leak present, no hard starting in the morning, it vibrates gently when at stop in traffic, there is considerable power loss. Spark plugs are brand new bosch iridium and ignition coils are brand new too, injectors were serviced recently, maf sensor was also cleaned with a crc maf sensor cleaner and throttle body too was cleaned.
Car details: 2007 Mazda 6i 2.3L 4cylinder
Re: Stumbling Car by autofixng: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2014
With all you have done you need to check the fuel pressure if it is still within the recommended pressure working range and the fuel pressure regulator.
Also u need to change ur air filter if it is dirty.
Still try to look for any vacuum leak in the system.
If your check light is ON try scan as well.
Re: Stumbling Car by kenmaro: 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
I have changed d air filter recently and I also changed d pcv valve, pcv hose, and all intake manifold and egr gaskets. i also cleaned d egr valve and intake manifold before reinstalling them. There is no check engine light on. I did a scan but no code.
Re: Stumbling Car by mayor2013: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Series of test needs to be carried out on that vehicle of yours. A quick question here what type of scan did you run?? Was a live data stream carried out to check all modules of the vehicle. Did you carry out a fuel pressing test?
Re: Stumbling Car by kenmaro: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Could you refer me to where I could do a good affordable check on the car? Preferably, around ikeja or near ikeja. Thanks!
Re: Stumbling Car by ivoryhouse(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2014
kenmaro: Could you refer me to where I could do a good affordable check on the car? Preferably, around ikeja or near ikeja. Thanks!
Call Chikaodi 07042076444 07031909669, 08023288111. Tell him you are calling from nairaland, he can come and meet you wherever you want
Re: Stumbling Car by amdman: 7:36am On Jul 17, 2014
kenmaro: Could you refer me to where I could do a good affordable check on the car? Preferably, around ikeja or near ikeja. Thfanks!

Go to Navy yard at Ile Zik and ask for Jaguar. He is good at what hw does and has a proper diagnostic machine
Re: Stumbling Car by sultaan(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2014
do a cylinder drop test

Basically remove the wire to each coil one at a time you will notice a change in the engine sound then reconnect it, if your engine does not change then you know which cylinder is not working do that by yourself first then let us know if there was any difference in ant cylinder
Re: Stumbling Car by kenmaro: 7:18am On Jul 19, 2014
I have done that already and all cylinders are ok.
Re: Stumbling Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2014
kenmaro: I have done that already and all cylinders are ok.

Do a compression test on all cylinders, check timing marks.
Re: Stumbling Car by Ikenna351(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Now, this sounds like a low fuel pressure symptom.

If you can't find where to test the fuel pressure with a proper tool, I would suggest you swap in another fuel pump and see what happens. Your mechanic should be able to get a pump to do the test.

But before that, check and make sure the fuel line(s) under the car is not damaged. Because a bent fuel line will reduce the fuel pressure.

Failing or faulty MAF could do that, likewise weak upstream sensor. But I would start with the fuel pressure, if I were you.

Ikenna
Re: Stumbling Car by sultaan(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
By the way can you explain when it started and what type of service was done just prior to the stumbling
Re: Stumbling Car by kenmaro: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
sultaan: By the way can you explain when it started and what type of service was done just prior to the stumbling

Prior to this, the services done was intake manifold gasket change and I cleaned d egr valve and reinstall with a new oem gasket, Also, there was a worn ac valve seal which was replaced and d AC gas was flushed and refilled too.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Cars 2016/2017 Cars That Will Blow Your Mind. / N180,000 Cash Available For A Buy And Drive(good) Car / Dubai Launches Self-flying Taxis, World’s First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.