Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m (895 Views)

Obi To Seal Manchester United Move / Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? / Mikel Obi To Join Hamburg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by Ibrowski(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
The EPL is fast approaching and clubs are strengthening their squad but it won't go well for some players as Chelsea are set to offload our legend to serie A clubs for just £5m(CAN YOU IMAGINE?).
It beats my imagination to know how bad Mikel is priced. Well,the obvious says it all about his performance @ the just concluded world cup..................who wanna help our Mikelis Obilis?
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by abatically(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ibrowski: The EPL is fast approaching and clubs are strengthening their squad but it won't go well for some players as Chelsea are set to offload our legend to serie A clubs for just £5m(CAN YOU IMAGINE?).
It beats my imagination to know how bad Mikel is priced. Well,the obvious says it all about his performance @ the just concluded world cup..................who wanna help our Mikelis Obilis?

What is the big deal in offloading Mikel for £5m? Players lose form and become surplus to requirement, and sometimes clubs buy players at inflated fees. Mikel was a promising talent when Chelsea bought him but unfortunately he failed to improve. You people are just making a meal out of it because he is Nigerian. Mikel is not the first player to lose form or face an exodus.

Manchester united paid a total of £35m for Nani and Anderson but today both players are not worth more than £10 million collectively. They paid £17m for Ashley young but today he is not worth more than £5m. Liverpool bought Carroll for £35m but today he is not worth £10m. Chelsea paid £50m for Torres but trust me of they want to sell him today they won't get more than £15m. So how is mikel's case different ?

Even PSG that bought David Luis for £50m last month, judging by his performance at the world cup, if they want to sell him today no club will pay more than £20m for him.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by Ibrowski(m): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
abatically:
What is the big deal in offloading Mikel for £5m? Players lose form and become surplus to requirement, and sometimes clubs buy players at inflated fees. Mikel was a promising talent when Chelsea bought him but unfortunately he failed to improve. You people are just making a meal out of it because he is Nigerian. Mikel is not the first player to lose form or face an exodus.
Manchester united paid a total of £35m for Nani and Anderson but today both players are not worth more than £10 million collectively. They paid £17m for Ashley young but today he is not worth more than £5m. Liverpool bought Carroll for £35m but today he is not worth £10m. Chelsea paid £50m for Torres but trust me of they want to sell him today they won't get more than £15m. So how is mikel's case different ?
Even PSG that bought David Luis for £50m last month, judging by his performance at the world cup, if they want to sell him today no club will pay more than £20m for him.

who cares??. when He had better chances of excelling @ Manchester united yet He chose Chelsea...... Huh! Morinho gave him the BLUES by converting Him to a defensive midfielder & there He trodded down.
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by Kaxmytex(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
I see mikel as a player who doesn't care abt hiz career...
nt ready to take up challenge...
nt ready to develop...
I dnt blame him sha, making £80,000 per week on d bench will make him win APOTY nxt year......

In other newz...
Wycombe 0-5 chelsea
d young bluz on rampage
patrick bamford, isaiah brown, john terry and ivanovich on scoresheet

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by Ibrowski(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2014
APOTY in what planet?...........except He up his ante.
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by vislabraye(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2014
abatically:

. So is it a good thing for Mikel to be valued for £5m ? Those players you mentioned apart from Torres are overhyped. Are U now saying Mikel is over hyped ? ( Dat of Torres is different because he plays for Chelsea )
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by abatically(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
vislabraye: . So is it a good thing for Mikel to be valued for £5m ? Those players you mentioned apart from Torres are overhyped. Are U now saying Mikel is over hyped ? ( Dat of Torres is different because he plays for Chelsea )

If the players I mentioned are over hyped, then mikel's case is even worse because he didn't really cut it at the highest level. He was a promising talent when Chelsea bought him but he never stepped up and he never dictated the game in a way that would wow the audience.

Of all the players I listed, I would say only Anderson didn't wow the audience, the rest did. Nani was phenomenal in 2009-2011 season, ashley young was a beast at Aston villa, Torres was top scorer at Liverpool, David luiz has this wow factor that fans love even though he is not a very good defender, but no denying he has great attacking prowess. What qualities does Mikel really have?

If Chelsea wants to dispose him for £5m, that is not mikel's problem, its Chelsea's and if they feel Mikel is not more than 5m, who cares? It just shows how Much they want to get him off their payroll. But to be sincere, judging by mikel's performance for the last 1 year, is he really worth more than £5m?

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by vislabraye(m): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
abatically:

If the players I mentioned are over hyped, then mikel's case is even worse because he didn't really cut it at the highest level. He was a promising talent when Chelsea bought him but he never stepped up and he never dictated the game in a way that would wow the audience.

Of all the players I listed, I would say only Anderson didn't wow the audience, the rest did. Nani was phenomenal in 2009-2011 season, ashley young was a beast at Aston villa, Torres was top scorer at Liverpool, David luiz has this wow factor that fans love even though he is not a very good defender, but no denying he has great attacking prowess. What qualities does Mikel really have?
. So according to you that amount is a true valuation of Mikel. Well, most Nigerians believe he's one of the best in Africa. Truly speaking Ashley Young, Anderson and Nanny are average players.
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by vislabraye(m): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
abatically:

If Chelsea wants to dispose him for £5m, that is not mikel's problem, its Chelsea's and if they feel Mikel is not more than 5m, who cares? It just shows how Much they want to get him off their payroll. But to be sincere, judging by mikel's performance for the last 1 year, is he really worth more than £5m?

I think we are saying the same thing. Whenever one says the Mikel is disappointing, people start defending him vehemently by stating statistics of the passes he made, tackle and so on in the WC. But if he was so valuable, Chelsea wouldn't sell him for such a price
Re: Mikel Obi To Be Offered To Serie A Clubs @ £5m by abatically(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
vislabraye:

I think we are saying the same thing. Whenever one says the Mikel is disappointing, people start defending him vehemently by stating statistics of the passes he made, tackle and so on in the WC. But if he was so valuable, Chelsea wouldn't sell him for such a price

Mikel is an average player and that price is not far from his true valuation. Simply put, Mikel is not ambitious enough, forget about Chelsea playing him as defensive midfielder. Makelele, essien, and even yaya toure all played as defensive midfielders and they made their mark known dominating games. But Mikel just disappears in games and content with side and back passes, afraid to shoot or move the ball forward.

If Ashley young and Nani are average players, then Mikel is a below average player to be sincere.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi / Stephen Keshi Cry Out: I Have Been Offered A "Slave Contract" By NFF / •• Bet Planet •• Win 90% Of Your Stakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.