Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,514 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC (26288 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / Pictures Of A Pro-Amaechi Rally In Lagos / Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by size38: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Good news. We call this Master Class politiking. While Amaechi defected to APC, his loyal law makers were still in PDP and Amaechi was still able to hold them together. This shows how well Amaechi understands Naija politics. Infact, I comot cap for Amaechi yeeeee! He knows the game.

1 Like

Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by OdionOdion: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
It is long overdue,is all about the impeachment fever arising from the Nyanko experience
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by igwedaboss(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
tomakint:
Quit lecturing the 'APC dolts' for once they are filled with bitterness and too blind to see. Elections is just 7 months away, after the election, I see them coming here to wail as usual....you can quote me! Jonathan has declared his 2nd term ambition discreetly to remain till 2019!
I'm not too much of a political person, but I see things on a daily and I still would like to know why you still very much in support of Jonathan.. what greater positives have u seen that makes u still stand firm for him?
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by igwedaboss(m): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Eldavido1:

Bros I am from kaduna state, southern kaduna to be precise. So I can tell you about the mood in my area. Jonathan wining is already a done deal.
but y still Jonathan... despite all that is going wrong, I would to knw so I can understand ur support for him
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by OlandoOwoo: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is a classical case of cowardism. There is a palpable fear in APC camp
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Eldavido1: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
igwedaboss: but y still Jonathan... despite all that is going wrong, I would to knw so I can understand ur support for him

Don't get me wrong, I am not referring to my support for him. I am referring to the support he has among the generality of southern kaduna people, and it's not due to any laudable achievement in the area other than pure religious sentiment. It's more so now that APC have decided to zone the presidential post to the hausa/fulani who are greatly loath by sk people due to the incessant attacks by fulani herdsmen and and BH. It's a mutual hatered between the hausa part of kaduna and the Christian part of the state.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
lagbake3: Howdy? Dem ban you too? Na dem go taya!

As for the impeachment bro haha, Jonathan is only further slimming his already slim chances. Northerners have always thought Jonathan to be the one destabilizing their zone, some even accused him of sponsoring BH, so with Adamawa and Nasarrawa, the people's fears would be further confirmed.

BTW, now that Jonathan is under the impression of Adamawa being under his control, he would have no choice but to call of the state-of-emergency he declared in the NE, therefore, setting Borno and Yobe, two APC states free.

Only a win in Osun would be a real win for Jonathan, and that is unfortunately impossible. Jonathan should forget about the core North. I really don't why he bothers. He should have jejely confined them to states of emergencies, but he won't. He would rather stick his fingers in fire...

He lost all those ('your core North') in the last election.

It happened that he won landslide.

It happens that he's still the president.

Nothing is different for the opposition.

Check!

Osun is gone already.

Your party can't win any election, they depend on installation by the court.

That, or they ask their opponents not to contest. Because, according to them, their opponents contesting will destabilize the country.

BTW, the president lost in Osun in 2011.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
OlandoOwoo: This is a classical case of cowardism. There is a palpable fear in APC camp

It's not cowardice, it's politics.

Nothing is wrong with it.

All political parties strategize.

Only that APC is reacting.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Toble: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
porka:

He lost all those ('your core North') in the last election.

It happened that he won landslide.

It happens that he's still the president.

Nothing is different for the opposition.

Check!

Osun is gone already.

Your party can't win any election, they depend on installation by the court.

That, or they ask their opponents not to contest. Because, according to them, their opponents contesting will destabilize the country.

BTW, the president lost in Osun in 2011.
And you think this time he will win Rivers, Kwara, Osun, Edo et al and some core north? Wake up from your slumber. Kano has a total of over 5million vote last election , rivers with over 2million and there is no certainty in rivers for him this time as well as core north and guess what people voted for him in those state he won based on individual not party but this time there is going to be a difference....aint you tired of same government for God sake?we need a change, new hands, new ideas, not same PDP using power to fustrate,with corruption in every sector, impunity,increase in unemployment .
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Fourwinds: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Thats why i dont pity Nyako that much! He needs to learn how to fight dirty! It will be near impossible for Jonathan to impeach Oshiomole and Amaechi now without incurring the wrath of Nigerians. That mumu nyako just rolled over for the fedora wearing thief.
it is true. Nyako was just a ride over. Edo and Rivers are not swelgbe like Adamawa
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by justiade4uu(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Happenings SHALL NEVER end.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by ayomidegambari(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
Make una 4get fa. Na jonathan handwork, afta dem comot finish 4 amaechi bk, dem go jus impeach am..APC dey finish 1 by 1..u no jasii cheesycheesycheesy
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Unemadu: 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Why the news now? some are going to die of hypertension today cheesy cheesy

Jonathan, Forget about Rivers, Edo, Osun and Kano, look for other states to destabilize!

Amaechi, Chime and Tinubu are my eternal mentors! Haterz go and die! I have never met any of them officially but can defend them with any available resources I can lay my hands onangry sad

Leave Chime out of this pls. He is not to be associated with agents of darkness.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by lakashey: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Leader of the assembly, Chidi Lloyd, made the declaration at‎
He stated that THEY have ceased to be members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), adding that further correspondence to them should bear the APC.

Lloyd said, "The 25 pro-Amaechi lawmakers HAVE asked ME to declare OUR formal defection to All Progressives Congress (APC). Henceforth, 25 of us should be referred to as All Progressives Congress

Responding to the defection, the Speaker, Otelemaba Dan-Amachree requested his colleagues to document their decision.

Details to follow

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/25-pro-amaechi-lawmakers-defect-to-apc/183765/[/quote].note only chidi lyord defected abi is he not the micheal power assembly man that almost kill one of his member the last time
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Caseless: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
bloodykiller:

vulture like you
beast!!
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by Caseless: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
atlwireles:

I thought they all left with Ameachi. No probs, we will collect our seats in 2015.
mtssw
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Like, I have always said here: 2015 would be different from Ekiti election. One, elections in 36 states are going to be done one day! Every governor would be fighting and playing dirty!

2. They wont be enough soldiers to go round the 36 states to intimidate voters. Obanikoro will be in Lagos facing Tinubu's election machine, ditto for ministers!

IN FACT IT WOULD BE ALL MAN TO YOUR TENT. Think of the outcome?

The problem with this kind of theory is the underestimation of the PDP's capacity.

Make no mistakes, PDP has one million and one strategies to deploy. One strategy per state.

That Nyako was impeached does not mean Amaechi is about to be impeached. El-Rufai's outburst not withstanding.

The opposition is too fractious to attempt a counter strategy if ever they are serious about the game.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
Toble: And you think this time he will win Rivers, Kwara, Osun, Edo et al and some core north? Wake up from your slumber. Kano has a total of over 5million vote last election , rivers with over 2million and there is no certainty in rivers for him this time as well as core north and guess what people voted for him in those state he won based on individual not party but this time there is going to be a difference....aint you tired of same government for God sake?we need a change, new hands, new ideas, not same PDP using power to fustrate,with corruption in every sector, impunity,increase in unemployment .

Jonathan will win handsomely with a simple majority.

He will make the constitutional requirement of 1/4 votes in 2/3 states.

That's the easiest thing to do for an incumbent president.

The fact that you resorted to subtle begging in your post means that you do not know what is going on. Elections are not won by pleading, it is by strategies, which your party has not been able to do. And violence is counterproductive as you are witnessing currently.

If you think Edo people will go ahead and vote for anyone apart from Goodluck Jonathan for president in 2015 (if his name is on the ballot) then you are one of the most deceived human beings inhabiting the planet right now. Same thing with Rivers people. There are not many bastards in those two states.

Osun is gone. We wait for the outcome of the elections in August for the requiem. The only saving grace is if your leader does what he knows best to do - i.e. cut deals with the C-in-C. The kind of deal Nyako entered into at the late hour.

Kano and Kwara are safe for you guys. Pending the horse-trading with your strongmen in both states. It wont be difficult for the president to have his 1/4 in those two states though.

Your frustration is well understood. But normal human beings would weigh the changes available before making any choices. Those days are gone in Nigeria that you would deploy violence to coerce Nigerians into voting for your candidate for the sake of change.

There has been only one 'government' in Lagos State since 1999, are you not tired? Using your logic.

1 Like

Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Fourwinds:
it is true. Nyako was just a ride over. Edo and Rivers are not swelgbe like Adamawa

lol
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by porka: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: very very dicey game , info reaching isn't too good.there is likely to be violence but it will be curtailed .in ogun state apc will break into 2 and I am not sure amosun will remain in apc

It was very dicey in Ondo.

Very very very dicey in Ekiti.

We wait for Mr Dicey in Osun.

What they mean is that one 'leader' has 'led' a plea team to the rock (like Nicodemus in the night) in return for assurances in 2015.

It doesn't seem to be working at this point.

The 'clueless' one would want to show the 'leader' what it means to be 'clueless' in deed.
Re: 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC by igwedaboss(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Eldavido1:

Don't get me wrong, I am not referring to my support for him. I am referring to the support he has among the generality of southern kaduna people, and it's not due to any laudable achievement in the area other than pure religious sentiment. It's more so now that APC have decided to zone the presidential post to the hausa/fulani who are greatly loath by sk people due to the incessant attacks by fulani herdsmen and and BH. It's a mutual hatered between the hausa part of kaduna and the Christian part of the state.

Ohkay... I get your view

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Youths Pray To Ogun Deity To Punish Obasanjo, Babangida, Buhari, Diezani (Video) / Katsina North Senatorial EIection: Kaita Vs Kaita (Brothers Battle For Senate) / Pantami Takes NIN To New York To Enrol Nigerians Living In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.