Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi (2012 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Saraki, Dogara, Atiku, Others Will Soon Return To PDP – Nnaji / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2014
BENIN—THERE is tension in All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State,
following fears that the former Foreign Affairs Minister, Chief Tom Ikimi, may
dump the party for Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, with the emergence of Chief
John Odigie-Oyegun as the National Chairman of the party. Vanguard learnt that the state governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole and some
leaders of the party in the state went to beg Chief Ikimi at his Abuja residence,
weekend, when it became clear that the party hierarchy had settled for Oyegun. Chief Ikimi, who spoke to Vanguard on telephone, said: “I was not at the
convention venue. I bought the chairmanship form, but I did not fill it when I
found out what they wanted to do. I still have the form with me. I never stepped
down for anybody. I did not participate in the exercise, I boycotted it. “But I will come up with a statement soon, where I will explain what transpired,”
he said.
Vanguard was informed that Chief IKimi had been under intense pressure to go
back to his former party the PDP for some time. The fear amongst members of the APC in Edo State is that he may capitalise on
the recent development to join the PDP, even though it was learnt that the new
National Chairman of the party, Chief Oyegun, the former Vice President, Alhaji
Atiku Abubakar, who is one of his bosom friends, are making frantic efforts to
ensure that he remains in the party. It was learnt that Ikimi is particularly pained that all his efforts towards the
formation of the APC were not appreciated by the national leader of the party,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other South-West leaders of the party, who opposed his
national chairmanship ambition. However, Oyegun’s emergence will be the first time, the Binis from Edo South
senatorial district of Edo State will produce the national chairman of a political
party.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/tension-apc-oshiomhole-atiku-others-beg-ikimi/

1 Like

Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Decibel: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
They don't have the Carrot($20billion) to dangle before the rabbit(Ikimi in this context). cool
Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Mogidi: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2014
I expect Ikimi to be back to PDP in the coming weeks.

APC will be decimated in Edo state before the 2015 election, we voted Adams Oshiomhole but in comes Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole.

1 Like

Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by shadowwalker101: 11:59am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Decibel: 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mogidi: I expect Ikimi to be back to PDP in the coming weeks.

APC will be decimated in Edo state before the 2015 election, we voted Adams Oshiomhole but in comes Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole.

You mean the Edo Shoe-shiner? grin

1 Like

Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by oshyno(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Earthquake in APC vineyard. Thay started it by courting PDP governorsand all worth not, jumping up n down like a baby given a candy wen PDP guyz we're defecting to their party. Now is pay back time and it seems they don't hv a back up plan.

I laugh mysef off weneva I hear about their governor running to Abuja to beg Jonathan. Beg him to do wat exactly. U guyz better put ur shiet in order .

GEJ winning till they cancell Gotze goal.
Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Goandie: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes: BENIN—THERE is tension in All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State,
following fears that the former Foreign Affairs Minister, Chief Tom Ikimi, may
dump the party for Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, with the emergence of Chief
John Odigie-Oyegun as the National Chairman of the party. Vanguard learnt that the state governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole and some
leaders of the party in the state went to beg Chief Ikimi at his Abuja residence,
weekend, when it became clear that the party hierarchy had settled for Oyegun. Chief Ikimi, who spoke to Vanguard on telephone, said: “I was not at the
convention venue. I bought the chairmanship form, but I did not fill it when I
found out what they wanted to do. I still have the form with me. I never stepped
down for anybody. I did not participate in the exercise, I boycotted it. “But I will come up with a statement soon, where I will explain what transpired,”
he said.
Vanguard was informed that Chief IKimi had been under intense pressure to go
back to his former party the PDP for some time. The fear amongst members of the APC in Edo State is that he may capitalise on
the recent development to join the PDP, even though it was learnt that the new
National Chairman of the party, Chief Oyegun, the former Vice President, Alhaji
Atiku Abubakar, who is one of his bosom friends, are making frantic efforts to
ensure that he remains in the party. It was learnt that Ikimi is particularly pained that all his efforts towards the
formation of the APC were not appreciated by the national leader of the party,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other South-West leaders of the party, who opposed his
national chairmanship ambition. However, Oyegun’s emergence will be the first time, the Binis from Edo South
senatorial district of Edo State will produce the national chairman of a political
party.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/tension-apc-oshiomhole-atiku-others-beg-ikimi/

why dem dey beg am, if he had done his job very well By providing d necessary things for the pple of edo and cage his selfish interest APC will not av 2 worry about him or losing edo to pdp.
we need a new party in nigeria, a party of great uncorruptable pple that av pride nd are read 2 put their own interest aside nd becum a servant of the pple not d oda way around

Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by mainheart(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
APC still have a long way to go. the can't challenge PDP for now. may be 2019 if before that time the have organise themselves well. but now lailai.
Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Mogidi: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
Decibel: You mean the Edo Shoe-shiner? grin

Edo aboki got to go grin grin grin
Re: Tension In APC As Oshiomhole, Atiku Others Beg Ikimi by Decibel: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mogidi:

Edo aboki got to go grin grin grin
All these name-calling you are sharing on Nairaland like this...chai chai Diaris... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth To Two Headed Baby In Igbodo-photo / Notable Quotes From President Jonathan At Kogi State Campaign Today / Boobs Or Booty... Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.