Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame (1167 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by toyhandsome(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Nigeria is not working not only at home but even abroad... I was just humiliated at the Nigerian High Commission in Pretoria...
1. I was denied entry at the Gate...despite holding an ECOWAS Nigerian Passport with multiple visas
Reason: Nigerians are only allowed on Wednesday.. I said but today is Wednesday, the gate lady asked me to make calls if I knew who to call. I did make a call and it was picked by a mannerless lady who insisted she was busy and gave me a grade A insult.
2. She said There is no PREFERENCE for Nigerians and that foreigners are even better.. I asked the lady inside and she kept saying I NEEDED HELP and should know how to go by it..
I said I needed no help that I just came to make enquiries .she cut the call... called back and no one picked up.... SHE WAS BUSY....Imagine... Not even entry..and I know maybe if I had "dropped something" its straight to the ambassador...this is just summary...In short a Nigerian was bullied out of the gate of the Nigerian Embassy...the full version will follow later. If we know we are not working...why don't we just seize to be... Today I earlier visited Canadian, Nepal and Rwandese embassy and I was treated with an astonishing respect...
My question is what if I NEEDED HELP OR AM THREATENED here abroad, If I cannot be allowed access into my embassy, who else can I turn to..
I saw the Naija flag, I was so excited..I went with high hopes and I was bullied...shame...

If I actually was given access I wanted to talk about how Nigerians are robbed and killed in Western Cape because I know a Yoruba medical doctor that we attend the same church in Stellenbosch and was kidnapped and murdered at Khayelitsha

as for me total overhauling of both personnels and diplomats

Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by JustCare: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Is quite pathetic that our over-paid ambassadors can't rise to the challenges of their duty.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by Chinwem(f): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
It's a shame!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by toyhandsome(m): 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
seriously.. I felt so bad .. my prayer is the we should not have any challenges or problem, we have noone oooo.. Am thinking we should just assume there is no Nigerian because there is nothing that makes us Nigerians, if I was denied access to our embasssy.. I don't know what else they can't do
Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by TYPOP(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Similar experience at the embassy in Johannesburg. It's a huge shame.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by Joel3(m): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
this should be in political section for better attention and address to the issue.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Pretoria, A Symbol Of Shame by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
One stanza of your essay tells that your attitude frightened the lady at the gate,I salute them for giving you what you deserve...in the first place you were merely going there to fulfill your exaggeration or lies ...if you are bored next time please don't bother people who are @ work

(1) (Reply)

Moon Village: China In Talks With Europe About Launching A Lunar Settlement. / Checkout Maryland New Look In Lagos / Where Is The Embassy Of Papua New Guinea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.