Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

God Why?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Why?? (1379 Views)

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Why?? by krazydave(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
This question, as rhetorical as it seems, is one of the most emotional wrecking and gut wretching question that we humans has severally asked.

We try to understand God, but fail inevitably in this quest. We try to fathom His ways but yet!, can't comprehend any of his activities. Several times, we've wondered if God gives to take, or give for momentary happiness.

This question, is usually provoked when an irreversible occurrence has taken place, usually death.
Why does He do what He does?, we try to ask, but yet are left with no response.

As Christians, we expect to be spared, pardoned or maybe granted a form of opportunity to escape but unfortunately, we are the "species" that suffers the most.

How can i serve God and still be subjected to suffering? Recently an aunt of mine was busy leading the church's choir meanwhile that same instance, her husband was being shot just few kilometers away. Occurrences like this make one ask questions, dare God, challenge His leadership, etc but yet we can't change anything.
Truth is, we are helpless, vulnerable, totally blank to the next occurrence or activity.
All we are left with is this phrase- or is it a question? whatever it is, we can only ask yet expecting no answer.... "God why??"
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
You just summed up atheism-- except for the asking god part.

Truth is, we are helpless, vulnerable, totally blank to the next occurrence or activity.
All we are left with is this phrase- or is it a question? whatever it is, we can only ask yet expecting no answer....
"God why??"

Although I disagree that we are totally helpless.
Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
Apatheist: You just summed up atheism-- except for the asking god part.

Although I disagree that we are totally helpless.

lolz... Wsn't my point exactly @summing_up_athesim

and... Yh we actually are helpless to life's cause::.. We really don't have much say in lifes occurrences or is there something i don't know of

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by frank317: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
when you ask WHY.... he gets angry and throws you into hell

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
frank317: when you ask WHY.... he gets angry and throws you into hell

is that a fact, or just something athesim has made you belive??....
Actually when you ask wHy, you usually get a reply......#all_depends_on your_relationship with_Him
Re: God Why?? by Liveair: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Its already been said that RELIGION IS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES.
When faced with a situation NOT YET understood, it is attributed to 'God'.
Be sure that your God hasn't been proved to exist let alone have answers to issues.
How many times have you prayed for Safety, Provision, Success, etc and got them pronto?
Isn't it clearly suspicious that there is always an EXCUSE for unanswered prayers.
People have been killed in churches (God's Presence). Church buildings have collapsed, killing worshippers, yet he didnt save them!
If save fate awaits both believers and the heathen then what value does piety offer?
It only makes people FEEL good, having the thought that their is a god in control.
With the level of Failed biblical promises of Divine protection, be prepared also for a shocking discovery of no heaven.
Take your destiny in your hands!

4 Likes

Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmm... Very nice.

@Liveair.... I can coherently tell you that i am a true christian that is prepared for "the shocking discovery of No Heaven"
but,
are you however, prepared for the shocking discovery of a possible Heaven??
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
krazydave: Hmm... Very nice.

@Liveair.... I can coherently tell you that i am a true christian that is prepared for "the shocking discovery of No Heaven"
but,

possible heaven(and hell) makes Him even worse.
Left his creation in desolation, hides himself from Nigerians only to show himself to some ancient Israelis. Then, endlessly punish them for not finding him.

2 Likes

Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Or put differently, creates an imperfect universe and blames the creations for this imperfection.

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by Liveair: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
krazydave: Hmm... Very nice.

but,
Sorry but which heaven?
That of the Muslim Allah, Egyptian pharoahs, Krishna's or which?
Actually, you should be prepared to get exceptionally tortured in Allah's hell for having worshipped His enemy elohim.

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by Joel3(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
well let me say this, it will be sad for me to pass by without saying this.

The truth is nothing is evil... The word evil was invented by man. Everything in this world is God. When I say God I am not talking to the quran or bible God. I mean the true God, the maker of all things. And Which many do not know yet.

Everything is good. The human mind is filled with selfishness and that's why the word evil originated.

Its good to sick, its good to suffer, its good to die, its good to poor. Its good to be rich. Everything has it relevant. And Nothing is evil or bad.

But the books which was made by man has made this word "evil" seems to be a bad thing. There is no evil nor bad. Everything is good and perfect. It balance the echo system.

And anyone Who is sick need to patronize the physician. people need to suffer and die. But the humans are so emotional to be selfcentered and biased on everything that doesn't seen favor to them.

You have no problem in killing and eating animals? Do you? You see them as normal and good. You even take them as food and nutritious value, your researchers even says they are good and can cure this and cure that.

And yet you forgot that they are living things. have you consider the pains they go through when you eat them? Will they animals blame God for making them animals as food for the humans? Its all about give and take. Everything need to be favored in return. Not only favor for the humans alone.

pest and parasites are living creatures, although they are decease to human but they are also living things. No living thing is important than the other on earth.

Everything must live and survive in this earth. its all about survival of the fittest.

Everything is good for the purpose for God. Not for humans. Everything living on earth is important in the sight of the maker. Its time for human to understand this fact that the earth is not for them alone. And there is no being that consider them the first or important creatures.

Then they will stop this blames.

The fact that humans are higher of a being doesn't make them dominion over the earth. The earth belong to everything. Even those things you didn't even consider. They are all makes of God.

nothing is bad but everything is good. Until the human stop been selfish they will keep blaming God they know nothing about.

If you want to know the true God let me know.
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Liveair:
Sorry but which heaven?
That of the Muslim Allah, Egyptian pharoahs, Krishna's or which?
Actually, you should be prepared to get exceptionally tortured in Allah's hell for having worshipped His enemy elohim.

That is quite a valid question. Currently in Nigeria, Allah seems to be the superior god, having captured the worshippers of Yahweh (chibok girls) for months now.

4 Likes

Re: God Why?? by Joel3(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
qstar:

That is quite a valid question. Currently in Nigeria, Allah seems to be the superior god, having captured the worshippers of Yahweh (chibok girls) for months now.
grin
Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lolz....
You know atheism would have been a cool religion except that it is borne out of "anguish"

it is simply your mind blaming God for what you lost and in the process shutting Him out!....
Just 'cos you lost that contract, loved-ones, health, educational oppurtunity, etc doesn't mean God doesn't exist.....
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
krazydave: Lolz....
You know atheism would have been a cool religion
Atheism is not a religion; it is the exact opposite: the unbelief in god/gods.
except that it is borne out of "anguish"
Care to explain?

it is simply your mind blaming God for what you lost and in the process shutting Him out!....
I have not "lost anything" How do you blame something that doesn't exist?
Just 'cos you lost that contract, loved-ones, health, educational opportunity, etc doesn't mean God doesn't exist.....
That someone does not believe in your god does not mean he/she lost anything.

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 6:03am On Jul 18, 2014
Apatheist: Atheism is not a religion; it is the exact opposite: the unbelief in god/gods.
Care to explain?

so, your trying to tell me that you always been an Atheist?..... From the very first day you were given birth too??
Something must have triggered your unbelif...... Challenge me if i'm wrong!
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 18, 2014
qstar: Or put differently, creates an imperfect universe and blames the creations for this imperfection.

Have you ever been loved. If no, then that is the reason the universe is imperfect.
Find yourself among the people that love you, then you will have feel of what a perfect universe is all about. Go is love. Unless you love Him, it might be difficult to be loved with real love.
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2014
krazydave:

so, your trying to tell me that you always been an Atheist?..... From the very first day you were given birth too??

Every child is born an atheist. Theism is taught.

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by Liveair: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2014
krazydave:

Krazydave, are you aware that you were born without any religion or belief in any god?
Please prove to us that you were born with a religion.

1 Like

Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2014
About Atheism not being religion, why is it on Religion Forum. In my understanding, Atheism does not exist to you. If it does, you will not talk about it or even about God. Please try to overcome your frustration.

Apatheist: Atheism is not a religion; it is the exact opposite: the unbelief in god/gods.
Care to explain?

Do believe in Science because I do.
Then Check this post. www.nairaland.com/1815622/mystery-time-wonder-god
You can Check back on this later. Its yet to be updated www.nairaland.com/1818041/fertile-ground

You should not Fight God because of some hard time or some disappointment. Everything that happened is for a purpose. Either to give you strenght or make you show your strenght. A person who do not believe in God and keep himself will have the peace of secrecy but when you broadcast your disbelieve in existence of God, it is a sign of frustration a crisis. It will even be worst when his friends, it he has any, gives testimony of the goodness of God.

God is Faithful.
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 7:08am On Jul 18, 2014
victorels:

Have you ever been loved. If no, then that is the reason the universe is imperfect.
Find yourself among the people that love you, then you will have feel of what a perfect universe is all about. Go is love. Unless you love Him, it might be difficult to be loved with real love.

Have you ever thought before? If not, that is the reason the universe is perfect to you. Or, you're simply egocentric.
Your religion preaches condemnation to eternal torture for 70% of the world and you call that "love"?
Well, if you may know, that's one of the reasons i abjured. I can not live in Heaven while my grandpa burns in Hell and some other family members, probably. I'd rather join them in Hell.
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2014
qstar:

Have you ever thought before? If not, that is the reason the universe is perfect to you. Or, you're simply egocentric.
Your religion preaches condemnation to eternal torture for 70% of the world and you call that "love"?
Well, if you may know, that's one of the reasons i abjured. I can not live in Heaven while my grandpa burns in Hell and some other family members, probably. I'd rather join them in Hell.

Please Relax.

Love I said not war. Don't mistook Israel for Christianity and don't mistook sacrifice for foolishness.
Why would you desire to sacrifice yourself fo no benefit. Every body lives their lives the way they understand it including your grand father you mentioned (Trying to be funny).
Do you think they make their decisions in sentiment? They are responsible for their choice of life. If they are in hell as you imagined, they will hope that you will not come their and besides, you cannot tell whip of the H word they are.
I can see your heart for those that are suffering, but your love means nothing when you don't love yourself. Help yourself then you will find strenght to help others.

Righteousness, Peace and Joy is the Kingdom of God. No war or CHAOS.
If you can give the Kingdom God to these people you are prepared to go to hell for, They will no no pain even in death.

I wish you Joy and Peace today.
Re: God Why?? by deezzle(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2014
First question is....which God are you directing your question to?
Re: God Why?? by deezzle(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2014
victorels:
Please Relax.
Love I said not war. Don't mistook Israel for Christianity and don't mistook sacrifice for foolishness.
Why would you desire to sacrifice yourself fo no benefit. Every body lives their lives the way they understand it including your grand father you mentioned (Trying to be funny).
Do you think they make their decisions in sentiment? They are responsible for their choice of life. If they are in hell as you imagined, they will hope that you will not come their and besides, you cannot tell whip of the H word they are.
I can see your heart for those that are suffering, but your love means nothing when you don't love yourself. Help yourself then you will find strenght to help others.
Righteousness, Peace and Joy is the Kingdom of God. No war or CHAOS.
If you can give the Kingdom God to these people you are prepared to go to hell for, They will no no pain even in death.

I don't think whoever wrote the above post has read the bible...the god of the bible, jehovah, is a tyrant.
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2014
deezzle:

I don't think whoever wrote the above post has read the bible...the god of the bible, jehovah, is a tyrant.

Oh Please............

If you study history, you will know that the era of the old testament was characterised by conquest and power.
Do you Judge God because he favoured the Israelites?
Did he spared them when they disobeyed. God was preparing a nation that will be an example to the world; the Israelites, but generation after generation came being disobedient. Every act of God to the Israelites is because of love. It used to be all about Israel before Christ. Since the Era of Christ, The love of God has been shared abroad. God favours those who love Him no matter the land or color of the person. God no longer deal with nations but with Individuals and with group that identifies with Him.

Are you judging God because of Israel or because their history was written in the bible. Let other nations tell you their history and you will understand the past.

As long as I am concerned, (Most) Israel have not known God through Christ and (Most) Surrounding countrys around Israel is still living in the past.

Love is not violent.
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2014
victorels:

Please Relax.

I am more relaxed than you can imagine. I was not talking of war. I don't like being the grammar-error detective, but please help yourself.

According to your Scripture, my grandpa is in hell 'cos he didn't have the chance of believing the imported-Jesus. Like i said before, you care only about yourself, that is plain selfishness.
Did we Africans ever beg God to kill His son? We have always survived.

I already have those. Keep your wishes for the poor children beset with HIV, kwashiorkor and co. around your neighbourhood.
Re: God Why?? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2014
qstar:

I am more relaxed than you can imagine. I was not talking of war. I don't like being the grammar-error detective, but please help yourself.

According to your Scripture, my grandpa is in hell 'cos he didn't have the chance of believing the imported-Jesus. Like i said before, you care only about yourself, that is plain selfishness.
Did we Africans ever beg God to kill His son? We have always survived.

I already have those. Keep your wishes for the poor children beset with HIV, kwashiorkor and co. around your neighbourhood.

Ok. I thought I was Sympathetic. I've heard you.
Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ Liveair, apatheist and other athiests......

Just what exactly are you tying to prove?... That the universe mysteriously formed itself, or that your the final stage of a rats/monkeys metamorphosis

'Cos your not dead to experience the other side or 'cos you haven't caught a glimpse of it doesn't mean it's not there.

Remeber, just 'cos a man is blind does not end the existence of activities around him.....

I'm not trying to convert you in any way(thou i wish i could) but if you've made your choice, make sure it's right both in your eyes and heart.....
#Time_Is_running_Out!!
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
krazydave: @ Liveair, apatheist and other athiests......

Just what exactly are you tying to prove?... That the universe mysteriously formed itself, or that your the final stage of a rats/monkeys metamorphosis

'Cos your not dead to experience the other side or 'cos you haven't caught a glimpse of it doesn't mean it's not there.

Remeber, just 'cos a man is blind does not end the existence of activities around him.....

I'm not trying to convert you in any way(thou i wish i could) but if you've made your choice, make sure it's right both in your eyes and heart.....
#Time_Is_running_Out!!

If you claim to know how the universe "began", start a thread on it. It will be a nice discourse!
Re: God Why?? by krazydave(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
qstar:

If you claim to know how the universe "began", start a thread on it. It will be a nice discourse!

well atleast my religion gives me a reasonable explanation......what does ur belief says?
Re: God Why?? by qstar(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
krazydave:

well atleast my religion gives me a reasonable explanation......what does ur belief says?

That would derail the topic of this thread. Start another thread, let's xray the "reasonable explanation" your religion has to offer.
Cheers!
Re: God Why?? by Liveair: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
krazydave: @ Liveair, apatheist and other athiests......

#Time_Is_running_Out!!

Not trying to prove anything, just letting you know that you happen to be a xtian cos you were born into a xtian home.
You may as well have been kidnapping girls in Chibok by now for Allah if born into a family in Borno.
If your God created humans then accept he must have been imperfect to create some people with congenital deformities.
As we speak, Space telescopes are gathering pictures of new galaxies being formed by spontaneous processes.

Yes, people have spoken of their NEAR DEATH experiences. It turns out that those who are non xtians said they saw themselves in a peaceful, serene place with loved ones. Those who were xtians either saw a terrible place of torture or a place of peace and tranquility. This means that the MIND is very Powerful!

Now, the only proof of your Jewish God and the story of his power are in no verifiable material except His own Jewish history book which cannot be INDEPENDENTLY verified.

You need to READ!

If you know the size of our Solar System, the sizes of the Galaxies and beyond, with the billions of Stars and earth-like planets, you'll know that If there was a God, He would be too big for any Religion let alone fighting the Egyptians or Philistines and boasting all over the place!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Get Pierced Or Tatooed? / China On Course To Become 'world's Most Christian Nation' Within 15 Years / My Experience In A Catholic Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.