Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. (11056 Views)

My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by vedaxcool(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?, (Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

Isn't this an indication that Jesus expected God to save him? If yes,this will mean he is unaware of his crucifixtion. If No then he must have lost faith, indicating the devil triumphed.

Comment.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by mantraa: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^^^
Just one of the many gaping holes in the christian story.  shocked
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by mazaje(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
As if the muslim story is any better than the christian story. . . . . . .
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
@OP:

What puzzles me here is the bait thrown knowing people will pick it up and sling back insults at your Mohammed. Sadly enough (for you), most Christians can live with Jesus being insulted and their belief system being criticised. Even worse (again for you) is that you on the other hand, cannot bear for your prophet or allah to be maligned.

Why start something that can only end in pain for you? Call Jesus a gay if you want - any real Christian will laugh at you knowing the truth. Say Jesus cried on the cross - fine, real men cry! However, if someone calls Mohammed any name now in retaliation, you will foam in the mouth, start to sweat and hyperventilate - why do you like punishment? OR are you trying to start a war so you too can have justification to blow yourself up in the delusion that virgins await you someplace? OR is there a need to feel a martyr in you? If so, why not just take a pot of boiling water and soak your eggs in it?

Its like you are always looking for warfare yet you'll have us believe your belief system is "peace"! Re-examine yourself - this forum ought be for mature conversations designed for learning rather than nonsense ESPECIALLY when you know you're not good at dishing it and also are deficient in taking it.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by vedaxcool(m): 10:58am On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

@OP:

What puzzles me here is the bait thrown knowing people will pick it up and sling back insults at your Mohammed. Sadly enough (for you), most Christians can live with Jesus being insulted and their belief system being criticised. Even worse (again for you) is that you on the other hand, cannot bear for your prophet or allah to be maligned.--------->IF your bible is insulting Jesus blame your holy bible not me as I have only quoted from your bible and asked question and as for insulting Jesus it is not a muslim specialty but a christian indulgence to insult other people's religionand yet you are the one threatening insults all because I quoted your bible.

Why start something that can only end in pain for you? Call Jesus a gay------>(see how shameless he is calling his saviuor names) if you want - any real Christian will laugh at you knowing the truth. Say Jesus cried on the cross - fine, real men cry! However, if someone calls Mohammed any name now in retaliation, you will foam in the mouth, start to sweat and hyperventilate - why do you like punishment? OR are you trying to start a war so you too can have justification to blow yourself up in the delusion that virgins await you someplace? OR is there a need to feel a martyr in you? If so, why not just take a pot of boiling water and soak your eggs in it?-------> yet you are the one that is hyperventilating and foaming and convulsing from your mouth,Jerking all over the place if you can't answer the question blame yourselves and better still stop moaning, reading you write up only brings laughter to me, as I am picturing you crying and sweating, if the post is to hot for you to bear go read other post rather than sweat and cry all in a bid to vent your anger against your own bible, pathetic

Its like you are always looking for warfare yet you'll have us believe your belief system is "peace"! Re-examine yourself - this forum ought be for mature conversations designed for learning rather than nonsense ESPECIALLY when you know you're not good at dishing it and also are deficient in taking it.
--------> Yet people like you post all sort of rubbish all in a bid to sustain mischief.When one reads your reply one will simply come to the conclusion that you are over reacting to quotes from your bible,What a shame you can't even bring yourself to accept quotation from the bible yet when you and your cohorts insult other people religion it only makes you more matured than ever.Very sick indeed.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by vedaxcool(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2010
[color=#000099]My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?, (Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

Isn't this an indication that Jesus expected God to save him? If yes,this will mean he is unaware of his crucifixtion. If No then he must have lost faith, indicating the devil triumphed.

Comment.[/color
]

Yet where is the insult in this question, It is just a pity when some people cannot contend with questions they reduce it to insult. I meanbring response that have sense not all this moaning that nuclear boy is engage in.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^ The reply you seek is actually simple. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law. A psalm (number 22) is what He was reading. If you read that psalm, I think it likely you'd be suprised at the parallelness of the psalm and the experience of Jesus on the cross. It discusses the Father turning His back on the Son because of the weight of sin and then in detail, shows the prophecy being fulfilled

[1] scorned by men and despised by the people
[2] hurling insults at Him - if you can, come down etc
[3] they have pierced my hands and feet
[4] they divide my garments
[5] this is the suffering of the "afflicted" one i.e. He that carries the affliction of all
[6] Posterity will be told about Him as indeed it is today and He will be celebrated forever

Many un-believers and indeed many ignorant Christians have made a lot of noise about the cry on the cross because they have no understanding of the matter.

Truth is that Jesus was acting out a script which He was fully aware of. Whist that didn't stop or reduce the pain of beating, humiliation, cruxificion, stabbing on the Cross etc, HE STILL RETAINED ENOUGH PRESENCE OF MIND THROUGH ALL THE PAIN in the body, to recite the exact prophecy made over a thousand years earlier that He was going through right there on the cross. And He went through with it all the way to the end of it. Note that the death (final event of the experience) was His Victory and is the reason why He is celebrated today.

Seeing as you have now gotten your "response that have sense" as you requested, I hope you will drop your aggression. I thought it was another "my religion is better than yours issue". You've said no and thus I here apologise for thinking you to be another of those morons that come looking for a fight all the time when they can't handle punches. Again, apologies!

1 Like

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by eyzhvntsn: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ The reply you seek is actually simple. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law. A psalm (number 22) is what He was reading. If you read that psalm, I think it likely you'd be suprised at the parallelness of the psalm and the experience of Jesus on the cross. It discusses the Father turning His back on the Son because of the weight of sin and then in detail, shows the prophecy being fulfilled

[5] this is the suffering of the "afflicted" one i.e. He that carries the affliction of all
[6] Posterity will be told about Him as indeed it is today and He will be celebrated forever

Many un-believers and indeed many ignorant Christians have made a lot of noise about the cry on the cross because they have no understanding of the matter.

Truth is that Jesus was acting out a script which He was fully aware of. Whist that didn't stop or reduce the pain of beating, humiliation, cruxificion, stabbing on the Cross etc, HE STILL RETAINED ENOUGH PRESENCE OF MIND THROUGH ALL THE PAIN in the body, to recite the exact prophecy made over a thousand years earlier that He was going through right there on the cross. And He went through with it all the way to the end of it. Note that the death (final event of the experience) was His Victory and is the reason why He is celebrated today.

WORD!!!
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Tonyet1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

Seeing as you have now gotten your "response that have sense" as you requested, I hope you will drop your aggression. I thought it was another "my religion is better than yours issue". You've said no[size=15pt] and thus I here apologise for thinking you to be another of those morons that come looking for a fight all the time when they can't handle punches. Again, apologies![/size]

One good reason i love and have respect for this bro. epitome of a true Christ-like!  smiley smiley [size=5pt]even though i feel like fighting him sometimes he's still the best![/size]  grin grin
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^ Tonye:

Most times I really don't get what you people think I am. I can be really gruff but I do not see Christ or His apostles rubbing people's backs in the Bible. If you want, I can put together a list of curses and "cursing annoyance times" in the Bible and you know as well as I do that God started it in Eden. Whist satan was Eve's friend, God was her worst nightmare. However, that was "in mouth" and we know the true friend "in reality". Its still the same today!

I'm sorry but I have no apologies if I see someone turning God's Word and I lay a pipe on their backside.

Its easier to apologise to an un-bel because they do not know and have not what we claim to have. What excuse should I give a christian? Do you forget judgment starts "here"? Do you forget "our" judgement will be harsher? I am a friend BECAUSE I tell the truth, not because I want you to feel good.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Tonyet1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ Tonye:

Most times I really don't get what you people think I am. I can be really gruff but I do not see Christ or His apostles rubbing people's backs in the Bible. If you want, I can put together a list of curses and "cursing annoyance times" in the Bible and you know as well as I do that God started it in Eden. Whist satan was Eve's friend, God was her worst nightmare. However, that was "in mouth" and we know the true friend "in reality". Its still the same today!

I'm sorry but I have no apologies if I see someone turning God's Word and I lay a pipe on their backside.

Its easier to apologise to an un-bel because they do not know and have not what we claim to have. What excuse should I give a christian? Do you forget judgment starts "here"? Do you forget "our" judgement will be harsher? I am a friend BECAUSE I tell the truth, not because I want you to feel good.

This is where you keep getting yourself wrong always, did Jesus really apologise to the un-believers? certainly No! atleast my scriptures doesnt think so. no little wonder u'll pat a sinner while lay a pipe on your beloved brother which gets them laffing and mocking at "our" incessant dramas. embarassed embarassed

Gat me wondering if you are the descents of the mosaics who will rather whip their brothers for failing God's law, while Jesus will certainly pray for an err-ing to stand after a fall. gruffness indeed grin grin

Ex 32:19-20

It came about, as soon as Moses came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing; and Moses' anger burned, and he threw the tablets from his hands and shattered them at the foot of the mountain. 20 He took the calf which they had made and burned it with fire, and ground it to powder, and scattered it over the surface of the water and made the sons of Israel drink it. NASU

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 22:31-32

31 "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; 32[b] but I have prayed for you[/b] , that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers. "
NASB
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Tonyet1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ Poster,

In my little understanding, I think Jesus took up the form of a servant [slave]more often than he did a 'God', and to understand more, we need to grasp what it means to be a slave

slave (sl v) KEY

NOUN:
1.One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household.
2.One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence
:

Meaning Jesus gave up his glory as a God, gave up his will, might and power and everything as a slave will do and chose to be subject to another's will [his father's] so that his very essence for coming will be fulfillled (Mark 14:49). mind you Jesus even at the point of his arrest still had the power to assume a God and ask for deployment for legions of angels to fight for him (matt.26:53) yet he would not and this was the same mood he took up his crucifixion and eventual death on the cross. I pray you'll these passages below.

Phil 2:

6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross! NIV
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Dolemite:

Sorry to burst your bubble but there do not exist "fakes" where there does not exist "originals".

Whether you find only 2 in every million, what matters and is true is that there are some (few though they are) that are true Christians.

The Hinns, Whites, etc all represent the money-based side of Christianity and you will see people like the OP on theis thread who are Christians yet do not support these "criminals in the pulpits".

Your assertion is like saying "because there are very many love-peddlers on earth, all women "on earth" are love peddlers - would you state this? This is not a "us versus them" thing where we support Christians because we are christians (I personally am ashamed of much of what I read here about so called Christians) but just the truth
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Tonye:

Show me where I said Jesus apologised to unbelievers! Show me where I said He ever made a mistake that He would need to apologise for it! Does it mean so much to you to reply that when you have no rebuttal, you turn to twisting what people said so brazenly in public? What does this serve if not to give fuel to unbelievers that christians like to lie (like you did here with your reply)?

Yet once you lay your foundation of folly (since I didn't say what you are accusing me of), you quickly go ahead to build a home of error on it.

Try show us all the correlation between my post and your reply
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Tonyet1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tonye:

Show me where I said Jesus apologised to unbelievers!

Bro you seem confused already, i only asked a question and that is: Did Jesus ever apologised to unbelievers? and i asked it in response to your posts that says "you'll find it easier apologising to an unbeliever  which triggered my question: Did Jesus ever apologise to the unbelievers?  Tonye did not accuse you of saying: Jesus apologised to unbelievers! i wonder your slip from a simple grammar comprehension, maybe trying to look cool from twisitng i guess  grin grin

nuclearboy:

Its easier to apologise to an un-bel because they do not know and have not what we claim to have.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Zikkyy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

Does it mean so much to you to reply that when you have no rebuttal, you turn to twisting what people said so brazenly in public?

nuclearboy:

Yet once you lay your foundation of folly (since I didn't say what you are accusing me of), you quickly go ahead to build a home of error on it.
Try show us all the correlation between my post and your reply

Dats Tonye-t for you angry angry
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2010
vedaxcool:

Comment.

These are the opening words of Psalm 22 ==>

Psalm_22:
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish?

My God, I call by day, but you do not answer; by night, but I have no relief.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the glory of Israel.

In you our ancestors trusted; they trusted and you rescued them.

To you they cried out and they escaped; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

But I am a worm, hardly human, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

All who see me mock me; they curl their lips and jeer; they shake their heads at me:

"You relied on the LORD--let him deliver you; if he loves you, let him rescue you."

Yet you drew me forth from the womb, made me safe at my mother's breast.

Upon you I was thrust from the womb; since birth you are my God.

Do not stay far from me, for trouble is near, and there is no one to help.

Many bulls surround me; fierce bulls of Bashan encircle me.

They open their mouths against me, lions that rend and roar.

Like water my life drains away; all my bones grow soft. My heart has become like wax, it melts away within me.

As dry as a potsherd is my throat; my tongue sticks to my palate; you lay me in the dust of death.

Many dogs surround me; a pack of evildoers closes in on me. So wasted are my hands and feet

that I can count all my bones. They stare at me and gloat;

they divide my garments among them; for my clothing they cast lots.

But you, LORD, do not stay far off; my strength, come quickly to help me.

Deliver me from the sword, my forlorn life from the teeth of the dog.

Save me from the lion's mouth, my poor life from the horns of wild bulls.

Then I will proclaim your name to the assembly; in the community I will praise you:

"You who fear the LORD, give praise! All descendants of Jacob, give honor; show reverence, all descendants of Israel!

For God has not spurned or disdained the misery of this poor wretch, Did not turn away from me, but heard me when I cried out.

I will offer praise in the great assembly; my vows I will fulfill before those who fear him.

The poor will eat their fill; those who seek the LORD will offer praise. May your hearts enjoy life forever!"

All the ends of the earth will worship and turn to the LORD; All the families of nations will bow low before you.

For kingship belongs to the LORD, the ruler over the nations.

All who sleep in the earth will bow low before God; All who have gone down into the dust will kneel in homage.
And I will live for the LORD; my descendants will serve you.

The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought.

And if you take time to PRAY THROUGH this psalm, you will discover that it is a song of VICTORY, of passage from DEATH into LIFE; of passage from DARKNESS into LIGHT

Jesus KNEW what EXACTLY he was saying . . .

1 Like

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by ogajim(m): 4:07am On Jul 31, 2010
@OP

this is a STUPID thread,

Jesus had a HUMAN part if you care to remember, and he was not "forsaken" as you claimed.

Try to research " It is FINISHED" because once his physical body died, the current GRACE period that allowed you to write this nonsense without a supernatural SLAP began, the " holy of hollies" was exposed, this is a place where no unholy priest dare step in the past, they used to tie a bell and a rope around any senior priest going in there so that if he was found wanting and died, he could be dragged out by the same rope.

Shows the extent of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for our sakes, study up on the Bible OP!

Shalom.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:40am On Jul 31, 2010
ogajim:

@OP

this is a silly thread,

Jesus had a HUMAN part if you care to remember, and he was not "forsaken" as you claimed.

Shalom.

Are you saying the bible lied or that Jesus wasnt forsaken??

Matt 27:46
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
KJV

Like the OP asked, why would he yell this if according to nuclearboy, he was fulfilling a prophesy, which If he (Jesus) was there from the beginning of creation should have been well aware of and prepared for.
That verse shows that he had no idea that his daddy would not send angels down to rescue him. Dont forget that he was so scared that he even asked his dad (God) to take the suffering he was anticipating away from him.

Matt 26:39
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
KJV

In my opinion, Jesus was betrayed by God. I dont think it was in their agreement for him to pass through "The passion" pains and torture he was subjected to hence the shout. I think he was expecting back-up from heaven that never arrived.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^ You turned everything upside down. Firstly, Matt 26:39 comes before Matt 27: 46

In Matt 26:39, Jesus looked ahead, saw the coming 24 hours or so and the "human body" was afraid. Liken this to the beatings your father gave you as a child. When the cane was being gotten, you were afraid knowing what was coming - were you wrong? Then we move along to Matt 27:46 which has been addressed above. Using Imhotep's words, Jesus "knew exactly" what He was saying. That was the beginnning of the recitation which was a confirmation of the process He was going through.

On being forsaken, yes God turned His back (as it were) for He will not behold iniquity and at that moment, Jesus was carrying all the sin of the world. Forsaken then is not betrayal but turning His back. The two terms differ!
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2010
The end justifies the means. Did jesus accomplish mission? Yes he did&same was recorded in the bible.
End of story.
After resurrection he got his crown back matt 28v18.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nopuqeater: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2010
@Toba: « #20 on: Today at 09:26:50 AM »
The end justifies the means. Did jesus accomplish mission? Yes he did&same was recorded in the bible.
End of story.
Did he ever wore a crown, before or after the socalled resurrection? I wonder when he was asked if he was the king of the Jews, why woud he have denied it, if he wore a crown? Where did he rule from? where was his throne and also his territory? We already know that God, Eloi Who sent Jesus His slave owns the Heavens and He is the Lord and King of all thngs, our world included.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nopuqeater: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2010
@Toba: What was Jesus mission? Lay it bare for us, from the mouth of Jesus. I wanna read that it is more than sent to the lost house of Israel, and fulfillment including as little as a jot in the laws, the prophets, which he warned no one should or encouraged any to abolish.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nopuqeater: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2010
@Ogajim: « #17 on: Today at 04:07:54 AM »
@OP

this is a silly thread,

Try to research " It is FINISHED" because once his physical body died, the current GRACE period that allowed you to write this nonsense without a supernatural SLAP began, the " holy of hollies" was exposed, this is a place where no unholy priest dare step in the past, they used to tie a bell and a rope around any senior priest going in there so that if he was found wanting and died, he could be dragged out by the same rope.

Shows the extent of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for our sakes, study up on the Bible OP!
The OP is a muslim. He does not worry himself with your empty grace and never to happen threat about a slap or not. While you are dealing with a servant sent by God, the Op is dealing with the God of the servant, Who sent him. This is the difference between you who is afraid to approach your father who is not married to your Ummi, that you install a patron between you and God, the Op as a bold and fully permitted servant, like Jesus (AS) approached God Almighty and seeks His Audience, always. Talking to Him, supplicating to Him, etc.

Am sure you can never approach God all by yourself without your patron. this is the difference between you a fake child of god, and the OP who is a bold, fully empowered servant, like Jesus.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nopuqeater: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2010
@imhotep: « #16 on: Yesterday at 08:58:43 PM »
Quote from: vedaxcool on July 29, 2010, 12:56 PM

Comment.

These are the opening words of Psalm 22 ==>

Quote from: Psalm_22
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish?

My God, I call by day, but you do not answer; by night, but I have no relief.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the glory of Israel.

In you our ancestors trusted; they trusted and you rescued them.

To you they cried out and they escaped; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

But I am a worm, hardly human, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

All who see me mock me; they curl their lips and jeer; they shake their heads at me:

"You relied on the LORD--let him deliver you; if he loves you, let him rescue you."

Yet you drew me forth from the womb, made me safe at my mother's bosom.

Upon you I was thrust from the womb; since birth you are my God.

Do not stay far from me, for trouble is near, and there is no one to help.

Many bulls surround me; fierce bulls of Bashan encircle me.

They open their mouths against me, lions that rend and roar.

Like water my life drains away; all my bones grow soft. My heart has become like wax, it melts away within me.

As dry as a potsherd is my throat; my tongue sticks to my palate; you lay me in the dust of death.

Many dogs surround me; a pack of evildoers closes in on me. So wasted are my hands and feet

that I can count all my bones. They stare at me and gloat;

they divide my garments among them; for my clothing they cast lots.

But you, LORD, do not stay far off; my strength, come quickly to help me.

Deliver me from the sword, my forlorn life from the teeth of the dog.

Save me from the lion's mouth, my poor life from the horns of wild bulls.

Then I will proclaim your name to the assembly; in the community I will praise you:

"You who fear the LORD, give praise! All descendants of Jacob, give honor; show reverence, all descendants of Israel!

For God has not spurned or disdained the misery of this poor wretch, Did not turn away from me, but heard me when I cried out.

I will offer praise in the great assembly; my vows I will fulfill before those who fear him.

The poor will eat their fill; those who seek the LORD will offer praise. May your hearts enjoy life forever!"

All the ends of the earth will worship and turn to the LORD; All the families of nations will bow low before you.

For kingship belongs to the LORD, the ruler over the nations.

All who sleep in the earth will bow low before God; All who have gone down into the dust will kneel in homage.
And I will live for the LORD; my descendants will serve you.

The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought.

And if you take time to PRAY THROUGH this psalm, you will discover that it is a song of VICTORY, of passage from DEATH into LIFE; of passage from DARKNESS into LIGHT

Jesus KNEW what EXACTLY he was saying . . .
Psalm was from David. You people call him all kind of names; adulterer, killer, etc and etc. When you connect Jesus lineage to him, it is always with a comment that even from such a man, a good person like Jesus came. But Jesus said he was not Good, and Only Eloi his Lord God Who sent him is Good. If we read the above and you are transferring it on Jesus, it is only your own desire, for Psalm is part of the OT. But then, what happened to David in the above will have to be accepted that it was exactly wat happened to Jesus. Now tell us; was David rescued by God when he called Him? If yes, then Jesus was rescued, just as well. If David was ignored and God didnt listen to his cry, then it was the same that happened to Jesus, the servant of God, who God sent. Either way Jesus is proven by the Bible, yet again to be a servant and not The Master.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2010
Go read colossians 1vs 15 Downwards. It answers your queries. Dnt come back without reading with sense&logically doing same
nopuqeater:

@Toba: « #20 on: Today at 09:26:50 AM »Did he ever wore a crown, before or after the socalled resurrection? I wonder when he was asked if he was the king of the Jews, why woud he have denied it, if he wore a crown? Where did he rule from? where was his throne and also his territory? We already know that God, Eloi Who sent Jesus His slave owns the Heavens and He is the Lord and King of all thngs, our world included.

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 01, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Toba: What was Jesus mission? Lay it bare for us, from the mouth of Jesus. I wanna read that it is more than sent to the lost house of Israel, and fulfillment including as little as a jot in the laws, the prophets, which he warned no one should or encouraged any to abolish.
Very clear john6vs 38-40& john19vs 28-30
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nopuqeater: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
@Toba; « #20 on: Yesterday at 09:26:50 AM »
End of story.

Report to moderator Logged
nopuqeater

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.
« #21 on: Yesterday at 10:51:58 PM »
Modify message
@Toba: « #20 on: Today at 09:26:50 AM »
End of story
Did he ever wear a crown, before or after the socalled resurrection? I wonder when he was asked if he was the king of the Jews, why woud he have denied it, if he wore a crown? Where did he rule from? where was his throne and also his territory? We already know that God, Eloi Who sent Jesus His slave owns the Heavens and He is the Lord and King of all thngs, our world included.
Report to moderator 69.117.45.71
nopuqeater

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.
« #22 on: Yesterday at 10:54:55 PM »
Modify message

Posted by: toba
Insert Quote
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 10:54:55 PM
Very clear john6vs 38-40& john19vs 28-30
The parts in bold are from Toba. Here is what John 6 verses 38 to 40 say: John 6:38-40 (New International Version)

38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
, and John 19 verses 28 to 30 say this;
John 19:28-30 (New International Version)
The Death of Jesus
28Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

I do hope that Toba realises that John 6 verses 38 to 40 spoke about the last day. have we experienced the last day already, and mankind have been Judged by The Judge, some to Hell and others to Paradise? Absolutely not. So Jesus mission based on this is unfulfilled. Yet you call him accomplished and God? Thats total failure. Or it is you who does not know what his mission[s] is/are?
In John 19 verses 28 to 30, above, ridicule Jesus, even as a prophet of his people, and it is a stupidity to say anything beyond that. If Muhammad (AS) have drank wine vinegar, say it is finished and bowed his head and give up his spirit (soul, not ghost), after he had shouted "my God, my God, why has thou forsaken me," people will say that he did not trust in God Who sent him, hence he must be a fake. Toba, open your eyes. Where is the success and accomplishment and glorification in the above? There is nothing to be happy about. Rather pure sadness that you see disaster but calls it a honoring thing and success.

Whats Jesus mission: From the Bible: "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 10:5,6)1 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24) Matthew 5 verse 17: New International Version (©1984)
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them
and John 14 verses 15 to 19: If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [parakletos], that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

Even the Spirit OF truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. John 14:17

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:19
The above 2 parts were the missions of Jesus; to the Children of Jacob's bloodline, the bringing about the rebirth of the True OT and confirming the coming of another COMFORTER. There is no other purpose for Jesus. If you say there is, then it is clear that you are saying Jesus did not know his own purpose and you are in better position to know.

Jesus son of Mary's purpose in the Quran is exactly as in above: Surah Saff; 61 verse 6: 061.006
YUSUFALI: And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"

You, Toba, is following blindly. You are following somebody different frm Jesus son of Mary. No wonder you are worshipping a Jesus and argue about a subject matter with materials that are not related to it.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by vedaxcool(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2010
@nonpugeter well done for usual resolute commitment to fighting falsehood.

Now I asked two questions Was Jesus unaware that he was going to be crucified or did he loose faith in God, surprisingly he was accusing God of forsaking him when he is supposed to be part of this godship? yet he accuse the remaining of forsaking him ---->if any of you that replied believed he is god. More pertinent if you are conversant with the bible Jesus prayed to God that he should make this cup pass over him---could this be the reason he accused God of forsaking him? Please this is the issue not stuffing verses into our throats.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2010
^^
Friend:

I waited so long to see your response. Apparently, you had made up your mind. What you fail to realise is that everyone has a right to their beliefs. If God truly wanted all of us to be Christian or Muslim or Atheist, do you think anyone could stop Him? The witness of time and the spirit informs us that what binds species together is not religion but the togetherness of being that - the same species. Lions will hunt together. Antelopes will run together. It is only men that prefer to fight themselves even when boundaries are not overlapped. When you pray facing Mecca, it does not disturb me. When I call "Jesus", it ought not disturb you. If God doesn't like either, He can handle it Himself.

I would expect that you explain your position about your religion clearly and ask questions sincerely, not with the intent to ridicule. As I wrote to you earlier, Muslims find it more painful when insults are thrown and I just find it sad that we always come to mud throwing here rather than learning why others believe what they do. If your argument is that some "christians" also do it, you're right! But you think them to be idiots, abi? So if you now do like them, what does that make you?

Here for example, look at the post before your own and then come back and look at you saying christians are stuffing verses down you. That single post alone is almost more than this entire thread. Yet your tone is condenscending and attritive - like spoiling for a fight. Why? Why can't we just get along? Discuss your religion with your people and learn more of it or do you know all of Islam? Why bother with our own? Please!

PS: I'm not fighting O - I have nothing against you - only the fire brigade will soon come and its shameful we start these things. Now if it is me you have something against, not my religion, please insult me as I will insult you if I think you did something wrong. But facing belief systems is childish - my daddy's farm is bigger than your daddy's own OR my mummy is finer than your own, clap for me.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by vedaxcool(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
Pls ask Nucboy where he heard my tone from? we are all writing I don't know whether the holy ghost tickled you with this expo coz it is false, but I only laugh when people like you agitate out of frustration, cause you cannot contend with the matter under discusion the question I have asked is plain and simple: was  Jesus aware of his mission if yes then why accuse God of forsaking him, if no then it might be understandable giving the unjust trial to the unjust execution but that itself should be unacceptable since he is suppose to be doing God's duty and this are part of it. Nucboy stop wining  as all what you have just said is baseless and merely an attempt to stifle the matter under discussion.
Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. by nuclearboy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
Last time you asked, I answered this question you are NOW asking.

But what was your response. Repetition! Is this rocket science?  Isn't it obvious that in reading Psalm 22 as a final acceptance of the prophecy that He was fulfilling, He knew He was fulfilling a prophecy therefore - knew about it aforehand!

Now tell me - how hard was that to deduce?

And of course, you had to throw in an insult there, didn't you? Whining NucBOY! grin But, Vedaxcool, saying I am whining is fyi NOT an insult. Don't you know I am a BOY (with baby-teeth [ cheesy] too according to your "christian" equivalent Joagbaje). That gives me a right to whine, doesn't it? Are you jealous that a small WHINING boy is able to understand a simple thing that you can't? Don't be angry or jealous, it is that same Holy Ghost that is renewing my mind and sharpening my wits. Thats why those without it are reprobate!  cool AND babies like me are never frustrated - a helping from one pair of brea.sts (not 72), a burp (not ogogoro in a prayer keg), plenty of sleep, change of diapers and we're ready to go again. kiss

Enjoy your day - my "whining" is finished FOR NOW. Hope to whine some more soon when jealous Uncle Vedaxcool (I will report you to my daddy) repeats the question in another way.  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) / Chosen For Laughter. Sermon And Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye / OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.