Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Reasons Why I Would Still Vote GEJ COME 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why I Would Still Vote GEJ COME 2015 (707 Views)

I Won't Vote GEJ Because Of This Pics / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / EXPOSE!!! Why Nigerians Must Not Vote Gej Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why I Would Still Vote GEJ COME 2015 by rigarmortis: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
These are my personal reasons why i would still vote for GEJ come 2015.
For those who can’t read long post, i will make it short.
1. TO BREAK THE BORN TO RULE MYTH.
A particular section of the north seems to think that i reserves exclusively, the right to govern and rule the country, right from the amalgamation to sir ahmadu bellos time to the present day politics, statements from northern politicians has shown that they feel they must be in the helm all the time as no other ethnic group deserves it, they see the country as a conquered territory of their progenitor, Usman dan fodio, for example, a statement credited to sir ahmadu bello is quoted word for word bellow........
“This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960.
Compare this to the baboons and dogs being soaked in blood statement by gen. Buhari, it seems as if he thinks he MUST win election no matter what anyone thinks.
In today’s politics, the north, i mean core northern politician are DEMANDING for power again, instead of campaigning and producing a sellable candidate, they want the power to return just because.............only Allah knows why, some cite the unwritten and unofficial deal in PDP about rotation, how does this concern the masses, this is not enough reason to jostle for power this way, it should be about a better deal than we have at present, not because anyone thinks he must/ought/deserves to get it thereby forcing a candidate down peoples throat.

2. NO PRESENTABLE CANDIDATE BY OPPOSITION
The opposition is mainly made up of people of questionable character from PDP who normally should be in jail for their nefarious activities, but even among these wolves there is a star, babatunde fashola, this man i believe has a lot to offer if only he can be given the chance, but from all indications APC ticket will be given to a dead dog before it is given to anybody from the south, the core northern elements seem think they deserve it since its the north’s turn, not because they think they have something to offer, an old man like buhari, who should be in an old peoples home and a man with questionable character like atiku should steer clear of politics not to mention tinubu who i think has run out of ideas.

3. OIL BLOC LICENSING
Really, some people will think this is a joke or inconsequential, but is a big reason why the northerners are so desperate for power next year.
If a core northerner who has no interest of Nigeria at heart gets the nod, i have no doubt that not only will the status quo be kept, there shall be more rot.
Personally i will like a revisit to this issue of discretionary award of blocs and the re award of blocs, too many people have gotten rich at the expense of the local communities, host states and country.
For those who don’t know, the existing license expires next year, even if the reaward is shady, at the very least the ripple effect of new riches created will have a ripple effect on communities.

4. PRECEDENT FOR POLITICAL CHAOS AND DISASTER
I have heard some people say stuff like, “lets just give these people power abeg, i am tired of all these deaths and bombing’’ this is a recipe for disaster and is tantamount to rewarding evil and desperate attempts.
If a group of people stage a bloody campaign to wrest power, if they succeed out of fear or resignation, they will do it again when situations don’t favour them, or they will keep doing another version of it to stay in power, the opposition will also embark on such venture to reclaim, power, really is a sure way to anarchy, an encouragement to people who feel that violence, blackmail or such dark scheming can will power.

5. OPPOSITION IS BEREFT OF IDEAS.
The opposition doesn’t have any strong ideology, manifesto, plans, set goal, policy shift or mindset apart from maligning the office of the president and wresting power from him, in the USA, during the last shift from republican to democratic rule, the Democratic Party in general and the candidate in the person of obama canvassed policy shift, ideology change, het presented a road map, not just trying to make bush look like a fool.
GEJ is not a saint, no sir!...he might be seemingly slow some see his hesitations as pussyfooting, well i don’t know what they are but i wont cast my vote for a party that is equally clueless as to what to do with the power when they get it. At the very least i will rather GEJ continues, he might have learnt his lesson, not vote for a person who gets power and becomes clueless as to what to do, so we wait for him to learn, we all know how long it takes for naija politicians to learn anything apart from the art of stealing.

6. BIRDS OF A FEATHER.
The opposition is made up of old people from the old party who seem to be unsatisfied about PERSONAL ISSUES and therefore switched camp, there are people like Hilary Clinton who has been in a particular party, believe in the ideology of the party and stay with the party even if they are never nominated to run for presidency under such party, not thieves like atiku who jump desperately from party to party just to achieve a selfish purpose.
Opposition in Nigeria is just a convenient way of contesting for a position under another party, against the ruling party in order to achieve a selfish ambition.

Ps.
This is not an ethnic rant against any group, i don’t hate the north or any part, but i think northern politicians are being insincere and economical with reality and the truth, twisting it to suit their IMMEDIATE whims.
I repeat this is not bigotry either subtly or outright.
Once again i say!!!!...this is not a means of maligning or supporting any group sire!!

Its my personal thoughts and opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Would Still Vote GEJ COME 2015 by sarmiie(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
good points raised.......d main problem is dt no better candidate has been fielded by any opposition.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Would Still Vote GEJ COME 2015 by mikolo80: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
All apc govs built infrastructure albeit at inflated cost and not most apt use of funds but What has Pdp fixed in 16yrs

(1) (Reply)

20 DAYS TO GO:Aregbesola’s Anti-people Policies Will Sweep Him Out — Omisore / How Men In Uniform Boldly Abducted Lady Walking With Mum In Lagos / President Jonathan Holds Meeting Without His Shoes....serious Matter Onground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.