Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,195 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? (3617 Views)

What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by emforsuhaz(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2006
smileyactually the pop of women in the world nowadays outnumbers that of men.but that,s not what makes men unavailable for marriage because i still see men bachelors around,i think the main problem is that"MOST MEN ARE SCARED OF MARRIAGE and IT,s NUMEROUS PROBLEMS cool cool
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by soulpatrol(f): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2006
like? pls let us know,
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by emforsuhaz(m): 9:09am On Aug 15, 2006
soulpatrol:

like? please let us know, oh!! baby girl just keep cool n be a nice girl, u,ll see men steaming to u 4 marriage. nevertheless beware of the realities of life.i need not start a sermon now o.k wink wink
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
step your game up
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2009
No, men are not rare or scarce rather, they are scared of commitment, marriage and responsibility, that's really it.  By the way, who would say they warm up to responsibility  No, one!  As of commitment?  Men have always been scared of being tied to one woman hence the high rate of infidelity among men - and its so good the girls are catching up.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
Theblessed:

No, men are not rare or scarce rather, they are scared of commitment, marriage and responsibility, that's really it. By the way, who would say they warm up to responsibility No, one! As of commitment? Men have always been scared of being tied to one woman hence the high rate of infidelity among men - and its so good the girls are catching up.

you mean its a good thing that girls are also being unfaithful
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
JustGood:

you mean its a good thing that girls are also being unfaithful 

Well, my take on that is: 'IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE GEESE, IT'S EQUALLY DAMN GOOD FOR THE GANDER'.  Men have been doing this and getting away with murder for a long time now and it's only fair women should show them how painful the experience could be.  Only so would men realise the emotional pain they'd caused to all concerned because, infidelity is very destructive.  If women doing it could cause men to change their ways, that's for the best. Enough is enough of these selfish and cruel men who are still doing this to their loyal wives and partners.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, my take on that is: 'IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE GEESE, IT'S EQUALLY DAMN GOOD FOR THE GANDER'.  Men have been doing this and getting away from murder for a long time now and it's only fair women should show them how painful the experience could be.  Only so would men realise the emotional pain they'd caused to all concerned because, infidelity is very destructive.  If women doing it could cause men to change their ways, that's for the best. Enough is enough of these selfish and cruel men who are still doing this to their loyal wives and partners.

And what if the man never feel anything with all that being done.
What if the man is even willing to drive the woman to the slaughter house.
I am not supporting a man doing bad, but never support the idea of 2 wrongs making a right either
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

And what if the man never feel anything with all that being done.
What if the man is even willing to drive the woman to the slaughter house.
I am not supporting a man doing bad, but never support the idea of 2 wrongs making a right either

[b]Yes, I agree with you that 2 wrongs can not make a right.  I don believe that neither a woman nor a man should sleep around in marriage or not because, its wrong.  The Bible condemns it and some other religions too.  Its all too easy for men to cite some biblical verses for us women when it suits them and when it comes to this sort of behaviour, they over look it. Men's double standards are well known, isn't it   What I am saying here is, fair is fair. If a man feels it would be wrong for his wife to cheat on him then, he'd better rethink his ways.  Personally, why would I still be married to a man that cheats on me?  A useless and unreasonable man that would drive me to a slaughter house?  Why would I even have such a man 2 feet near me?  Is it because I am desperate for a husband or marriage or to be seen to have a man in the house?  You see, I don't live my life worrying about what the world might think about me.  For all I know, anyone can say/think what they like as I am here to please meeee and not the world.  So, who cares if I am an 80 year old SPINSTER who had never been married? Yes, I could hear some Nigerian men calling you names because of their timidity and ignorance as they forgot that, marriage is not compulsory, it's choice.  If one like they marry or not and no one should be slaughtered in it, not in it or out of it.  IT'S NOT COMPULSORY.  I hate aggressive men and would not be with an abusive husband, no way. Some people think of abuse as only physical rather there are many forms - a man that cheats on his wife is not only emotionally and psychologically abusing her but also damaging her health and well being and that's EVIL so, why would I put up with that crap?? Is it because, with time maybe he would change?  No, a cheat is always a cheat and let me tell you this, a 'Leopard never changes its spots'. You see, some women would put up with this crap for the sake of saving their marriages, good luck to them not me, not to talk of this day in age HiV/Aids are almost everywhere you look.  Naaaaaaaaaaaah, it doesn't worth it being in such a marriage - a marriage without TRUST, nooooooo![/b]
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by samparian(m): 3:00am On Jul 24, 2009
Theblessed:

No, men are not rare or scarce rather, they are scared of commitment, marriage and responsibility, that's really it. By the way, who would say they warm up to responsibility No, one! As of commitment? Men have always been scared of being tied to one woman hence the high rate of infidelity among men - and its so good the girls are catching up.

1. The Economic situation in the country makes most young men afraid of getting married, thats why it seems men are scarce

2. Some of Those who have made it financially are still scared because most ladies now are only interested in men's financial capacity

3. Because our girls are now materialistic, good ones are hard to find (i don search tire)

4. Infidelity is a spiritual/ psycological problem. Not all men/women cheat

i dated a girl for 4 years and i never cheated on her. Not once.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by frankkky: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2009
i think there are many reasons for men being scared of marriage,u see a woman can bring a man down in life,and a woman can also bring a man up in life,havent u heard of the saying "behinde every succesfull man there is a woman"i also say behinde every unsuccesfull man there is a woman"honestly women are very powerfull in a mans life so i cant blame some men 4 runing away o
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by GEW: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, my take on that is: 'IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE GEESE, IT'S EQUALLY DAMN GOOD FOR THE GANDER'.  Men have been doing this and getting away with murder for a long time now and it's only fair women should show them how painful the experience could be.  Only so would men realise the emotional pain they'd caused to all concerned because, infidelity is very destructive.  If women doing it could cause men to change their ways, that's for the best. Enough is enough of these selfish and cruel men who are still doing this to their loyal wives and partners.
mmmmmmm from an alledged blessed mind.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, my take on that is: 'IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE GEESE, IT'S EQUALLY DAMN GOOD FOR THE GANDER'. Men have been doing this and getting away with murder for a long time now and it's only fair women should show them how painful the experience could be. Only so would men realise the emotional pain they'd caused to all concerned because, [b]infidelity is very destructive. If women doing it could cause men to change their ways, that's for the best. Enough is enough of these selfish and cruel men who are still doing this to their loyal wives and partners.[/b]

This, coming from a supposedly married woman, is shocking.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2009
GEW:

[b]Absolutely yes and well blessed too, for that matter you know.  For he who lives in a GLASS HOUSE must not throw stones.  A married woman should remain in her marriage and look no where else so should a married man.  There is ONLY one law in the Bible against this behaviour for both men and women and men keeps breaching it all the times.  Based on the Bible teachings, it's only this ACT of unfaithfulness that a man or woman could cite as an authority for DIVORCING their partners yet, men keeps breaching it and getting away with it all the time.  So, it about time women catch up!  And for those women who could DO IT, in RETALIATION of their husbands selfish/disregard for marriage - as shown by their continuous and uninhibited exposition of affairs with  other women, to them I say, more grease to your elbow.  At least their husbands would now understand how it feels to be hurt.  You see, a head cutter never likes his/her own head cut and, that's true!  Men are the most selfish animal in this world.  To hurt them back after several pleadings to change their ways, women have to RUB THEIR NOSES IN IT AND RUB IT HARD then, and only then, would men understand the hurt the entire family is EXPERIENCING because of their selfishness.  Maybe, they would change their ways however, chronic CASSANOVAS would never change so, kick their A-SES as you can do much better without their STRESSES![/b]
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
GEW:

[b]Absolutely yes and well blessed too, for that matter you know.  For he who lives in a GLASS HOUSE must not throw stones.  A married woman should remain in her marriage and look no where else so should a married man.  There is ONLY one law in the Bible against this behaviour for both men and women and men keeps breaching it all the times.  Based on the Bible teachings, it's only this ACT of unfaithfulness that a man or woman could cite as an authority for DIVORCING their partners yet, men keeps breaching it and getting away with it all the time.  So, it about time women catch up!  And for those women who could DO IT, in RETALIATION of their husbands selfish/disregard for marriage - as shown by their continuous and uninhibited exposition of affairs with  other women, to them I say, more grease to your elbow.  At least their husbands would now understand how it feels to be hurt.  You see, a head cutter never likes his/her own head cut and, that's true!  Men are the most selfish animal in this world.  To hurt them back after several pleadings to change their ways, women have to RUB THEIR NOSES IN IT AND RUB IT HARD then, and only then, would men understand the hurt the entire family is EXPERIENCING because of their selfishness.  Maybe, they would change their ways however, chronic CASSANOVAS would never change so, kick their A-SES as you can do much better without their STRESSES![/b]
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
GEW:

Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by SisiJinx: 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Absolutely yes and well blessed too, for that matter you know. For he who lives in a GLASS HOUSE must not throw stones. A married woman should remain in her marriage and look no where else so should a married man. There is ONLY one law in the Bible against this behaviour for both men and women and men keeps breaching it all the times. Based on the Bible teachings, it's only this ACT of unfaithfulness that a man or woman could cite as an authority for DIVORCING their partners yet, men keeps breaching it and getting away with it all the time. So, it about time women catch up! And for those women who could DO IT, in RETALIATION of their husbands selfish/disregard for marriage - as shown by their continuous and uninhibited exposition of affairs with other women, to them I say, more grease to your elbow. At least their husbands would now understand how it feels to be hurt. You see, a head cutter never likes his/her own head cut and, that's true! Men are the most selfish animal in this world. To hurt them back after several pleadings to change their ways, women have to RUB THEIR NOSES IN IT AND RUB IT HARD then, and only then, would men understand the hurt the entire family is EXPERIENCING because of their selfishness. Maybe, they would change their ways however, chronic CASSANOVAS would never change so, kick their A-SES as you can do much better without their STRESSES![/b]

Tee hee hee
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
JustGood:

This, coming from a supposedly married woman, is shocking.

Shocking? Really? Goes to show you ain't seen any thing in life as you haven't  been around long.  So, no much words for you with regards to that topic, ok!!  Bye!!!
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by GEW: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Tee hee hee
tee hee hee my dear sister. you are the original fine blessed mind.
how have you been and how is everyone? you see how you have failed to educate despite the huge budget. i feel sad reading some nigerian women.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by achinu(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2009
I don't believe there's a scarcity of good men or women out there. I think it really boils down to individuals truly knowing themselves & what they want out of a mate if they met one. Some people can be standing in front of a potential match and because the individuals priorities are misconstrued they wouldn't even know. We all talk about wanting certain things out of a mate, but like something mentioned sometimes you have to look beyond the present situation (please I'm not saying be blind or foolish to the obvious) and see the possibilities in that person and also be willing partner up with the person. Being equally yoked is always key, this is my 2 cents grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
Theblessed:

Shocking? Really? Goes to show you ain't seen any thing in life as you haven't been around long. So, no much words for you with regards to that topic, ok!! Bye!!!

I can actually imagine what you have seen in life and what you may have been through to make you turn out this way.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by modele2: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
It supprises me when men complain about women prefering a man that would at least make them comfortable,
Men choose women if they are fine, have the right body and figure, botty size and all sorts
So why cant a woman also choose. Why is her basis for choosing now looked down upon.
Personally my hussy aint rich but he aint hungry and its good enough for me, i did not suffer in my fathers house so i cannot marry to go and suffer.
If your sis were to bring in someone you think is not responsible or cnat at least feed her, wount you discourage her,
Guys get real
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
modele2:

It supprises me when men complain about women prefering a man that would at least make them comfortable,
Men choose women if they are fine, have the right body and figure, botty size and all sorts
So why cant a woman also choose. Why is her basis for choosing now looked down upon.
Personally my hussy aint rich but he aint hungry and its good enough for me, i did not suffer in my fathers house so i cannot marry to go and suffer.
If your sis were to bring in someone you think is not responsible or cnat at least feed her, wount you discourage her,
Guys get real

There is nothing wrong for the woman to chose comfort, however, i have a problem with a woman that has no job and yet insist that he has to marry a man that has this and that, i think the woman ought to bring something to the table and complete one another.
Although, if the man can afford it, nothing wrong in the man take care of it all oh, but women needs to be real and at least have something to offer and not just walk into the house with nothing and some couple of ghana must go and wanna live like maddam
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
JustGood:

I can actually imagine what you have seen in life and what you may have been through to make you turn out this way.
Kiddie, like I said - no point, ok! It doesn't SUIT you behaving like a GIRL - PICKING unnecessary quarrels and RESPONDING to all sorts of wits that came out of womens' mouths.  Honest, it doesn't SUIT you!  Any one who regards himself a REAL man would not bring himself that low obviously, with this kind of behaviour, INTELLECTUALLY, you're LESS of a man, sorrio o o o!  

Again, stop ACTING like a woman, will you?.

Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:37am On Aug 15, 2009
Men and women alike should be very scared of getting married especially to the wrong person. when u are dating ur bf/gf you don't really know them till u get married, get behind close door, and then all character get loss. no one want to take the chance of spending that long life commitment with someone that is not right for them.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
Theblessed:

Kiddie, like I said - no point, ok! It doesn't SUIT you behaving like a GIRL - PICKING unnecessary quarrels and RESPONDING to all sorts of wits that came out of womens' mouths.  Honest, it doesn't SUIT you!  Any one who regards himself a REAL man would not bring himself that low obviously, with this kind of behaviour, INTELLECTUALLY, you're LESS of a man, sorrio o o o!   

Again, stop ACTING like a woman, will you?.

Methusella, it sure suits you to advocate promiscuity among girls. Are you hoping some of them might then join your bandwagon of no gooders?

What kind of irresponsible woman advocates that girls should be unfaithful.
Did you say you were married? In your dreams. . .
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2009
JustGood:

Methusella, it sure suits you to advocate promiscuity among girls. Are you hoping some of them might then join your bandwagon of no gooders?

What kind of irresponsible woman advocates that girls should be unfaithful.
Did you say you were married? In your dreams. . .

[b][size=14pt]WOMAN!  Your see, I know those women traits you got are still there and will be there forever because, they are biologically innate and ENTRENCHED in you.  I know you can not avoid responding to that and would also respond to this, WOMAN! Come my sister, come join me in this ranting, mouthing warfare!! I challenge you!!! You are well invited, ok!  Show up!!  THERE HE IS, lol!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin   Imagine, the world's number one MORALIST - The holy man of SODOM.  So, marriage is compulsory where you come from, eh

Did I hear him say, irresponsibility?  Of course, your partner (doubt if you have one) is already into it and getting her own back from you - keep deceiving yourself.  In this economic situ down there, think you're the only man RUBBING her back, think again! Sorrio o o o! Let me tell you, most women are already doing it, just don't deceive yourself, ok!  You do, those of us who can, will do too.  That way, as your ego is dented, you learn to RESPECT women.  It's called EQUALITY IN EVERY ASPECT, ok!  And that's the nightmare for cowards like you! If that's not a good thing then, men should think twice about the HURT they cause in the family as a result.  So WOMAN, make you sidon there de look, sand go enter your GARI.  Abi your iba shaa!!  Dey there de advocate morality which you haven't got either!  I challenge you to SWEAR IN THE NAME OF GOD you haven't been unfaithful even once in any of your relationships Mr Righteous? Of course you can't do it then, STOP MORALIZING - sinner of the last order!  Go, girls, go, go, go!!!  Make them dey there de think na them only wise - Dunce!!  You do, women will do too and that's part of the deal to greater happiness in the family, right now.  Men have always created and advocated this behaviour and the world is dancing to that tune, you know!  See how happy most marriages are? Instead of him to caution his fellow men of the heart ache and pain they cause in the family as a result, he's blaming women.  Typical of Nigerian men double standards? Shame!
[/size][/b]
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by SisiJinx: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2009
^^^^Please stop insulting women. . .even at their worst, you can't compare.

Thank you.

GEW:

tee hee hee my dear sister. you are the original fine blessed mind.
how have you been and how is everyone? you see how you have failed to educate despite the huge budget. i feel sad reading some nigerian women.

Lmao!! What happened to you? What Dastardly deeds put you on the banned list?

I'm trying my best oh but these women are so stubborn. It's woman right this, equality that. . .they are just so taken with the notion that they are human beings with feelings and genuine thoughts of their own. I don't know how to rid them of that nonsense idea. Sigh!!!
Re: Are Men Really Scarce Or Rare For Marriage? by JustGood(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
@Cursed (oops, you call yourself blessed),

LWKMD@ blessed to promote promiscuity.

I do not need to repeat the fish comment someone already made about you and your mouth lipsrsealed

You are in irresponsible woman trying to get other women to become as irresponsible as you are by promoting promiscuity. Where did you own promiscuity land you, Mother nairaland?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Facing A War Thatz Bigger Than Me / Why Do Nigerian Wives Chase Out Their Maids When Caught With Husband? / Whats Going On In Her Head? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.