Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home (1131 Views)

APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni / How Sani Abacha Died, By Jerry Useni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by Anasko(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
No lives were lost.
Gunmen suspected to be hired assassins, in the
early hours of Thursday, stormed the home of
Jeremiah Useni, a former Abuja minister.
Mr. Useni was, however, not at his Langtang
north Local Government Area, Plateau State home,
when the gunmen came.
According to witnesses, the suspects shot at the
building about 48 times.
Mr. Useni, a member of the on-going National
Conference, in a telephone interview with
journalists on Thursday evening, confirmed the
incident.
The retired general said no lives were lost.
“I was not there myself, but I was told of the
incident. No one was killed, but I will later today
(Thursday) visit the scene to see things for
myself,” he said.
The Police Public Relation Officer, PPRO, of the
Plateau State command, Abuh Emmanuel, also
confirmed the incident to journalists in Jos.
According to Mr. Abuh, the alleged assassins
were repelled by the police in the area.
“The suspects shot sporadically at the building,
but no one was killed. Police have brought the
situation under control,” he said.
However, residents of the area said it was a
group of vigilantes and youth who chased away
the suspected assassins.
One of the witnesses, who identified himself as
Nanpon, claimed to no longer be afraid of the
sound of guns shots, as it had become routine in
the area.
He alleged that members of the Special Taskforce,
STF, posted there often shot sporadically in the
air for no just cause.
Mr. Nanpon also alleged that members of the STF
harassed people in the area.
“Soldiers in our area sometimes enter our houses
and beat up people even when no one has
committed an offence. So when the attackers
came, we thought it was soldiers doing their
usual business of shooting in the air,” he said.
http://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/165118-‎gunmen-invade-jeremiah-usenis-home.html
Re: JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by Omexonomy: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bush meats are pursuing the hunter and the hunter escape like a smart bushmeat
Re: JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by EasternLeopard: 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
Northern Christians don hear weeeeeeen

The most annoying thing is that their leaders have failed to empower them for future challenges.

Once their renown men die off, their worst nightmare might become a reality.
Re: JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
For now it is one Nigeria, until men and women including youths who murdered easterners in the land and also their homeland are also murdered in d name of one Nigeria
Re: JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Omexonomy: Bush meats are pursuing the hunter and the hunter escape like a smart bushmeat
I ran out of hahas embarassed cheesy//No live(s) was lost, to this I say; Oghene doh smiley
Re: JUST In:gunmen Invade Jeremiah Useni’s Home by ibrahym47(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
EasternLeopard: Northern Christians don hear weeeeeeen
The most annoying thing is that their leaders have failed to empower them for future challenges.
Once their renown men die off, their worst nightmare might become a reality.
y bringing religion into this? I read this man interview here on our dear nairaland where he defended the northern soldiers descision on killing of eastern/southern soldiers which was termed Hausa coup. Elites wine and dine together irrespective of religion/region; the reverse was the case for you and I.

(1) (Reply)

AL-MAKURA IMPEACHMENT: Nasarawa Assembly Faces Obstacles / Boko Haram Militants Flee Border As Cameroon Army Kills 100 / TERRORISM ; 16 Questions #APC Chieftains Could Not Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.