Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? (3950 Views)

JAMB/UME 2012 Exam Date: Shifted/Postponed? / JAMB (UME) 2006/2007 Is Out! / JAMB (UME) Examination Date Postponed(?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2006
please im working on a project and its on the topic"why can't people pass jamb"
i need your contributions .tell me what u think make people pass jamb and what makes people not to.is jamb luck? is it runs? it it by brain? is it a wrong form of exam?, ?? tell me what u think?
thanks please after writing your opinions,include your name,age,location and number.
persnal eperiences would be cool too
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Shagari2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2006
Poor teaching at primary and secondary levels, anybody can achieve anything if they have the right educational social and financial support.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2006
i think thats true
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by jacq(f): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2006
With the right teaching and materials in school pple will pass their JAMB.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Badman888(m): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2006
I dont think Jamb does with only teaching but thats a major factore, there is too much corruption in the educational systems, they are people that get 6As in WAEC and fail jamb how is this possible u wonder. when all the expo and runs from the marking system and all have been cleared up then we can blame it on the teaching or students unwillingness to learn.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by micolala(m): 12:58am On Aug 05, 2006
Sometimes it`s just bad luck and nothing else.I weep for my cousin who has had his result seized on His three sittings was it cos he under-performed?no.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
true talk guys, more
could it be that its luck?
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2010
Its because we are in nigeria
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Olami099(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
stevetboy9:

Its because we are in nigeria
why did u say so?4rm my own views, i would say d reason why student failed is due to 4 main factors which wen eradicated Nigeria wld be 1 of d most educative country.1.The educational sector:lack of infrasture & equipment in most skls,negative attitude of d teachers who are very lazy,illetracy of d teachers.2.Parental upbringing:most parents doesnt ve time 4 deir children,due to dis lack of supervision children starts joining bad gangs,not coming to skl regularly and so on.3.Negative attitude of children towards skling.4.Government instability and bad policy 2wards educational sector in d country.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2010
That's why i said its because We're in nigeria.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2010
@micolala
your cousin should have choosen another jamb centre. If a centre is notorious for malpractice, even if you are clean, you'd surely bear the same weight of pain.

Back to topic: students fail jamb because.
1> they prepare late. An examination like UME<OR UTME> has a wider syllabus content than WAEC{confirm it if you can}. So it practically needs more time{at least 6months} of intense preparation to familiarise with the content.
2> sincerely, most jamb candidates don't read with their syllabus. The syllabus was meant to serve as a guide. Most of them just pick up a text and start jacking. It doesn't work that way. Jamb gave d syllabus so that you can know what to expect.

Pick up any JAMB syllabus, go to Physics , go to the topic ' VISCOSITY' . Jamb requires that you know ' Stokes law'. Now how many popular Physics textbooks have a detailed explanation of Stokes law?
Can u now see why Nigerians won't stop failing common UTME
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2010
I reason wit you but it is not easy. Why,like for me, we were writing our WAEC while writing JAMB so to combine both as in reading with syllabus was not easy. For those who wrote after sec. Skul, it is not easy for them to sit and read without any tutor. Anyway,al those were excuses which self discipline can handle.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2010
@Steve
you have a point. It's not easy to combine both syllabus, but at d same time, how many candidates will be willing to sacrifice one year at home?
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by davson009: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2010
it is very simple, lack of preparation, dat is why jamb is jaming dem,
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by ccollins(m): 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2010
Hehehe@dave
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2010
Sacrifice 1year ke? Though it would be good to do that but,as you've said, how many are willing to do that?
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Olami099(m): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2010
@stevet,hw are u today?Like u said hw many are willing to stay i will say few ppl cos nobody wants to stay at home idle.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2010
Here's a challenge :
I met a girl who came to write post utme in my uni. 4 Computer Engineering. Guess what? She had written 2010 WAEC and here she was ready for post utme. Nothing special? Just wait!. When her WAEC result was released , she had 4Bs and 4Cs. Her Jamb score was around 60%. What Suprised me was that she wrote this UTME and WAEC in SS2! What? SS2! Can you Imagine Right now she's is SS3 and d admission is waiting for her! So anytime next session starts, she don follow start. Her mates would be writing UTME then.
It's discipline jare. Nothing else.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Olami099(m): 11:35am On Sep 07, 2010
Kadata:

Here's a challenge :
I met a girl who came to write post utme in my uni. 4 Computer Engineering. Guess what? She had written 2010 WAEC and here she was ready for post utme. Nothing special? Just wait!. When her WAEC result was released , she had 4Bs and 4Cs. Her Jamb score was around 60%. What Suprised me was that she wrote this UTME and WAEC in SS2! What? SS2! Can you Imagine Right now she's is SS3 and d admission is waiting for her! So anytime next session starts, she don follow start. Her mates would be writing UTME then.
It's discipline jare. Nothing else.
i agree with u majority of d ssce syllabus is composed mainly of ss1&2.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
Its because the girl is brilliant. Not everybody is like that. @ola,i'm fine.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2010
@stevetboy9
she is,but not as you imagine.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Zwift58: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
i disagree with dat guy that says is about discipline it is all about luck and God
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2010
The day you underestimate discipline , is the day you start failing.
I don't need to convince anyone on this. I've tested it. It worked perfectly. It's working well. And it's working for others too.

The day you leave ur fate in d hands of luck is the day u start becoming uncertain about ur future. Do you watch promos? The winner is always lucky- not because he had d most entries, but because luck 'ran in to him' . Unfortunately, life isn't like that.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Semitexy: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2010
it is not deliberately peoples wish but in most cases we are the causes o4 everything . dont 4get there is an adage that say every man is the architecht of his or her misfortune.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Odunnu: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2010
Using myself as a 'case study', I didnt pass my first attempt at JAMB cz I lackd good career councelling,I was nt encouragd to read for that exam coz my parents felt it wasnt d best for me,as such I had psycological stress.
Me thnks all wht u've listd kud make a student fail any exam includin JAMB
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
Bad educational foundation can be pointed out as a major cause.

Imagine a student relying on special center and malpractice and refusuing to read,, When there is a change as against what his special center has, he can't preform well.

Writing what you know and what someone else wrote is far apart, most time when one answer in same phrase is seen by a marker, he will definitely fail the student. Since Jamb is marked by computer, that is not the case!

It mainly has to do with lack of discipline to read, no luck anywhere grin
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by WackyJ1(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2010
Kadata, your right. It has to do with the syllabus. Working with syllabus early enough will guarantee success, but most students don't do that.
@Stevetboy i was in the same situation, but what i did was to read topics that were present in both syllabus. Which wasn't that hard as they are almost similar.
There's one thing you guys didn't mention. The use of past questions. It's what i and my friends studied with before the exams and it makes a difference.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Kadata(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
Past questions help too. Esp in Post utme. Some departments don't even have time to set those questions. So they do 'copy and paste' . I'm a living testimony.
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
Yes past ?s help but in my pume it didnt help
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by WackyJ1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2010
@stevetboy which school was that?
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
abu
Re: Why Can't Some People Pass JAMB (UME)? by idmanzik: 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
Poor educational system is the reason why people perform very poor in UME. I take myself as an example, i wrote JAMB 3 times and did not score upto 200 in any of the JAMB. We lacked teachers in many subjects during my secondary school days. I managed to pass through WAEC and NECO

I got admission with a JAMB score of 183 in 2005 (proved myself during the first post-UME).

At the end, I emerged the best graduating student in my department with a FCGPA of 4.33. Yet in my class there were students with 280 and above in JAMB.

This is just to tell you that our secondary schools really count. The government should ensure that education at all level is given the best attention.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Photos "Why Have The Might Fallen" / WBJEE JENPARH 2016 Answer Key Download / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank (see Solution Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.