Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Am I Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Wrong? (752 Views)

Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! / Was I Wrong? / Pls Is There Any Body In My Shoes.i Need Advice Befor I Wrong My Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong? by dayoungmoney1: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Am I Wrong? by cbrass(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2014
Opps some gonna get sacked tongue

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by Gboliwe: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2014
dayoungmoney1: Hello guyz, i need your opinion on this. My boss was criticising his staff for using a particular word he thinks is not in the dictionary, but i told him the word exists because i have seen it before. He asked me to show him and i did. The issue now is some of my colleagues said i should't have said anything or show him in the dictionary, that i should have just let it be. pls have i done the wrong thing?
Yes, you did the wrong thing. You acted too fast and silly too. If your boss is having a show down with a fellow staff, you disappear sef, not brazenly come up to tell him he is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by ayurdavid: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
Gboliwe: Yes, you did the wrong thing. You acted too fast and silly too. If your boss is having a show down with a fellow staff, you disappear sef, not brazenly come up to tell him he is wrong.
i don't think the OP said a fellow staff, but all of the staff including op himself. he isn't wrong IMO for correcting the boss who was criticising them anyway.
Re: Am I Wrong? by DeanOlamide(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
You are 101% Wrong................................ Don't ever try it again................ You know what u turned ur employer to in front of other staff? U just failed a test out there.
Re: Am I Wrong? by chamboy(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2014
Naija boss mumu ooo
Re: Am I Wrong? by DeanOlamide(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2014
ayurdavid:
i don't think the OP said a fellow staff, but all of the staff including op himself. he isn't wrong IMO for correcting the boss who was criticising them anyway.
........... You think he hasn't. Seen the word before? Deceive urself....... My stop talking cos the Op is wrong..... A Simple test he just failed...... We have seen 100 of such situation before and the end result isn't funny....
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2014
dayoungmoney1: Hello guyz, i need your opinion on this. My boss was criticising we the staff for using a particular word he thinks is not in the dictionary, but i told him the word exists because i have seen it before. He asked me to show him and i did. The issue now is some of my colleagues said i should't have said anything or show him in the dictionary, that i should have just let it be. pls have i done the wrong thing?

Let me send you my cv for quick replacement.

Never argue with a nigerian boss number 1 golden rule.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by dayoungmoney1: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2014
Gboliwe: Yes, you did the wrong thing. You acted too fast and silly too. If your boss is having a show down with a fellow staff, you disappear sef, not brazenly come up to tell him he is wrong.
gboliwe, he wasn't talking to just one of us but ALL of us.
Re: Am I Wrong? by Doclight(m): 10:57am On Jul 18, 2014
IMO I dnt think ur wrong. If that boss is wise, he'd promote u. Coz such boldness to holding to what is right is an outstanding charater. He shud knw dat all oda staffs who responded not, knwth nt, and as such, they can be mal-played on. They can't protect d company. But being confident, even at such, is surely worth a promotion
dayoungmoney1: Hello guyz, i need your opinion on this. My boss was criticising we the staff for using a particular word he thinks is not in the dictionary, but i told him the word exists because i have seen it before. He asked me to show him and i did. The issue now is some of my colleagues said i should't have said anything or show him in the dictionary, that i should have just let it be. pls have i done the wrong thing?
coz u can't live ur life on a wrong thing u knw is right. Confidence is a principal thing in a company. Cheer up, if he's wise, he would hv a 2nd thought.
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2014
It depends on the person of your boss & how he takes a challenge or public correction. You should have studied & known your boss well before doing what you did.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies For Front Desk Officer/receptionist And Accounts Officers / ... / SSS Cadet2014 Delta State Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.