Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts (850 Views)

Chad Intercepts ISIS Weapons Going To Boko Haram / Breaking: DSS Releases Alleged Biafra Sponsor Victor Umeh / Customs Intercepts Ammunition Imported From U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Ukrainian authorities have released what
they say are intercepted phone conversations
between pro-Russian separatists and what
appear to be Russian military officers saying
that separatists shot down Malaysia Airlines
flight MH17.

The Ukrainian Security Service put the Russian-
language conversations on YouTube within
hours of the crash.
The veracity of the recordings cannot be
confirmed,

First recording
[Male voice, identified as separatist leader Igor
Bezler] The group of the Miner [an alias] has just
shot down a plane, which came down just
behind Yenakiyevo.
[Col Geranin] Pilots. Where are the pilots?
[Bezler] Gone to search for and photograph the
plane. It's smoking.
[Second male voice, identified as Russian
military intelligence Colonel Vasily Geranin] How
many minutes ago?
[Bezler] About 30 minutes ago.

Second recording
[Male voice, captioned as "The Greek" ] Yes,
Major.
[Major] Well, the Chernukhino lads shot down
the plane.
[Greek] Who shot it down?
[Major] From the Chernukhino roadblock. The
Cossacks at Chernukhino.
[Greek] Yes, Major.
[Major] Well, the plane fell apart in the air, near
the Pertropavlovskaya coal mine. The first
casualty 200 [military jargon for dead body] has
been found. A civilian.
[Greek] Well, what do you have there?
[Major] Basically it was 100% a civilian aircraft.
[Greek] Are many people there?
[Major] [Curses] The debris fell right into
backyard.
[Greek] What kind of aircraft?
[Major] I have not figured this out yet because I
haven't been close to the main body of the
debris. I am only looking where the first bodies
began to fall. There are the remnants of inner
brackets, chairs and bodies there.
[Greek] I see. Any weaponry there?
[Major] Nothing at all. Civilian things, medical
bits and bobs, towels, toilet paper.
[Greek] Any documents?
[Major] Yes. From an Indonesian student. From
Thompson University [curses].

Third recording
[Male voice, identified as a fighter] Regarding the
plane shot down in the area of Snezhnoye-Torez.
It's a civilian one. Fell down near Grabovo. There
are lots of corpses of women and children. The
Cossacks are out there looking at all this.
They say on TV it's a Ukrainian AN-26 transport
plane, but they say it's got Malaysia Airlines
written on the plane. What was it doing in
Ukrainian territory?
[Male voice, identified as Cossack commander
Nikolai Kozitsyn] That means they were carrying
spies. They shouldn't be [curses] flying. There is
a war going on.

BBC News Asia
Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by krisCh(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2014
this is why war should not be the way to resolve conflicts.
na jeje i kuku sidon no dey for war.
Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by tommysparks: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2014
And world war 3 begins.
Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by ichidodo: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2014
This is a black eye on Putin and his separatist fighters in Eastern Ukraine.....A criminal against humanity...
Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lmao...the same Ukraine hasn't intercepted any calls since the war started months ago. However miraculously it intercepted this one, and posted it the same day. This is just red-flag - the conversation also sounds fishy. With the crap coming out of Ukraine, without facts and proper investigation, I'm starting to think the airliner was shot down by the Ukrainian junta since Ukraine has tons of BUK missile systems.

Let's look at a few pointers:

- The overwhelming majority of the passengers were Europeans.

- Malaysia is yet to blame anyone and the country is waiting for full investigations and facts to be established.

- The Dutch, with the highest number of casualties is yet to blame anyone, and have been cautious enough not to expletively allude to the airliner as being shot down, by using "most likely." However, they're asking for full investigations.

- The UK with 9 British citizens on the plane is yet to blame anyone. And David Cameron has called on all sides to allow full investigations.

- European capitals have been cautious not to blame anyone, and they have asked for full investigations and facts.

- Hilary Clinton has been all over the news turning it to a propaganda war blaming Russia and Putin without facts. And she has called on Europe to take the initiative since most of the victims were Europeans.

Anyone who can decipher the semantics in international politics and correlate it with EU's stance on Russia before this tragic event happened, and the reluctance of the EU to get too involved in Ukraine - vis-a-vis how majority of the victims were Europeans should be able to get a clearer picture of what I'm driving at.

Also, the Ukrainian air traffic control has to take part of the blame, including the Malaysian airline authorities for flying over a war-zone.

2 Likes

Re: Malaysia Jet Crash: Ukraine Releases Alleged Intercepts by Missy89(f): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
the funniest headline i saw today is "PUTIN'S MISSILE" grin

(1) (Reply)

Gej And Sanusi Break Fast Together(pixs) / NLC Benue State Chapter Suspends Strike / Why We Should All Beware Of Femi Fani Kayode.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.