Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:07 PM

Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win (1776 Views)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / 2014 World Cup: Messi, Neymar, Robben, Others Nominated For Golden Ball / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dhulqarnain:
According to Mr Houllier,d final ws counted like evry oda game.
Like he rightly said,ppl only rememba d 2nd half of d final,using it to judge Messi's tournament.
Again,I ask,if Messi had won d WC,wud u av questned his golden ball award?
Yes, I would have questioned it. Messi was no where the best individual player at the World Cup. He was not even the best player in his team. Mascherano was.

1 Like

Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: There is a whole lot of difference. Corner kicks, you do not have to work hard to take it. It is a dead ball. Crosses, takes you out running, beating your marker to put it in. A player like Lavezzi can win a corner and Messi has to go and take it.
the through balls counted are actually the accurate nd successful ones so u hav no point. Messi has the highest number of accurate through balls
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: ROBben had the highest number of crosses in the whole World cup. I am not ready to start digging out stats. Most of Messi's chance created were ramped up by corners. Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball. Even the stats point most Messi fans are claiming were the reasons for the award, castrol index proves it was not true. Finito.
how many of robben's crosses were accurate? So if i start crossing d ball anywhere it makes me d best? By there way, the are low through balls nt only high crosses
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baddestguyp: how many of robben's crosses were accurate? So if i start crossing d ball anywhere it makes me d best? By there way, the are low through balls nt only high crosses
Are you saying all Messi's corner kicks were accurate? What I am saying, this has never been the criteria for given the World Best player.

Based on Performance and impact, Messi was not the best. Based on starts as Messi fans claim, Medal was not the best.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baddestguyp: the through balls counted are actually the accurate nd successful ones so u hav no point. Messi has the highest number of accurate through balls
Your pal above said Messi had the most number of chances created at the World Cup.

I said Messi's figure was ramped up because of the corners he took. So what concerns accurate through balls?
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Are you saying all Messi's corner kicks were accurate? What I am saying, this has never been the criteria for given the World Best player.

Based on Performance and impact, Messi was not the best. Based on starts as Messi fans claim, Medal was not the best.
not all of messi's crosses, corners or through passes we accurate bt he still had d highest number of accurate ones
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baddestguyp: not all of messi's crosses, corners or through passes we accurate bt he still had d highest number of accurate ones
It is only his through passes that were tagged accurate. The question is, was that why he won the Golden ball?
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
For y'all screaming robben, how many man of d match did he collect? Probably the highest "dive of the match". James also shouldnt be compared. Yes he scored more goals nd dat was why he got d golden ball. Even tho messi didnt score at the knockout stage, he was still very influential in the knockout stage. He played for the team nd had to pass at least two lines of defence to get to the opponents post unlike muller nd others who just chill at d front nd wait for d ball. Do u tink messi wouldnt hav gotten d highest goals if he had stayed up front? He did all this nd was still able to be the best player. He created most of their chances, had 3rd highest dribbles in wc history, bagged for man of d match, had many tackles as an attacker? Still scored half of his team's goals, involved in 3/4 of them. Pls how many of these things did zidane nd forlan get when they won golden ball. Bt they will complain becos its messi. If aguero or even lavezzi had these statistics they would gladly accept. Stop being biased messi deserved it

1 Like

Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is only his through passes that were tagged accurate. The question is, was that why he won the Golden ball?
pls who else had 4 man of the match? If ur remove robben or muller 4rm their teams, deir teams would still go far bt imagine argentina without him. These other players u mention play in matches too bt why dont they get motm if they are so outstanding
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baddestguyp: For y'all screaming robben, how many man of d match did he collect? Probably the highest "dive of the match". James also shouldnt be compared. Yes he scored more goals nd dat was why he got d golden ball. Even tho messi didnt score at the knockout stage, he was still very influential in the knockout stage. He played for the team nd had to pass at least two lines of defence to get to the opponents post unlike muller nd others who just chill at d front nd wait for d ball. Do u tink messi wouldnt hav gotten d highest goals if he had stayed up front? He did all this nd was still able to be the best player. He created most of their chances, had 3rd highest dribbles in wc history, bagged for man of d match, had many tackles as an attacker? Still scored half of his team's goals, involved in 3/4 of them. Pls how many of these things did zidane nd forlan get when they won golden ball. Bt they will complain becos its messi. If aguero or even lavezzi had these statistics they would gladly accept. Stop being biased messi deserved it
It is clear you did not watch Forlan or Zidane when they performed and won their golden balls in 2006 and 2010.

Go and check, they were magical and mind blowing. Not like Messi, you guys have to look for excuses to call him the best.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baddestguyp: pls who else had 4 man of the match? If ur remove robben or muller 4rm their teams, deir teams would still go far bt imagine argentina without him. These other players u mention play in matches too bt why dont they get motm if they are so outstanding
Has the Golden ball ever been given because of Man Of the Match award?
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 12:20am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Has the Golden ball ever been given because of Man Of the Match award?
its one of the most important criterias. Being the best player in most of the games makes u d best player in d competition
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is clear you did not watch Forlan or Zidane when they performed and won their golden balls in 2006 and 2010.

Go and check, they were magical and mind blowing. Not like Messi, you guys have to look for excuses to call him the best.
for ur info i watched those games. Bt i think its u who didnt watch most argentina games
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:39am On Jul 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: its one of the most important criterias. Being the best player in most of the games makes u d best player in d competition
James Rodriguez won 3 man of the match awards and scored 6 goals. He scored in every game he played. He scored the goal of the tournament.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:40am On Jul 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: for ur info i watched those games. Bt i think its u who didnt watch most argentina games
If you actually watched Forlan in 2010 and Zidane in 2006, you would never think Messi's performance deserve the golden ball.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 12:51am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: James Rodriguez won 3 man of the match awards and scored 6 goals. He scored in every game he played. He scored the goal of the tournament.
nd thats why he got d golden boot. Most of his motm awards were cos of his goals nt reli his influence. Simple
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:59am On Jul 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: nd thats why he got d golden boot. Most of his motm awards were cos of his goals nt reli his influence. Simple
You guys are funny. Man of the match? Please three were in the group stages. Against Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran. Lol. That is why I said you guys did not watch the past world cups and know what it takes to be true greats of a World Cup.

That Messi's golden ball will stand as a disgrace to FIFA and Sell Blatter.

It is no more statistics, since Castrol Index proves is a lie. Now it is man of the match.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 2:05am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: You guys are funny. Man of the match? Please three were in the group stages. Against Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran. Lol. That is why I said you guys did not watch the past world cups and know what it takes to be true greats of a World Cup.

That Messi's golden ball will stand as a disgrace to FIFA and Sell Blatter.

It is no more statistics, since Castrol Index proves is a lie. Now it is man of the match.
okay. Messi too get haters
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Dhulqarnain(m): 5:22am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: ROBben had the highest number of crosses in the whole World cup. I am not ready to start digging out stats. Most of Messi's chance created were ramped up by corners. Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball. Even the stats point most Messi fans are claiming were the reasons for the award, castrol index proves it was not true. Finito.
Messi had more chances frm open play than Robben.
Ur castrol index ddnt list d criteria for ranking those players,jst 1 stat to place dem on d list. Benzema,for shots? Oscar,for tackles? What abt Pirlo 4 thru-balls? Fellaini 4 fouls committed? Neymar/Sanchez 4 fouls suffered? Howard 4 saves? Cr7 nd Gyan 4 most average shots per game? Messi 4 dribbles? Cuadrado 4 assists? James 4 goals?
Messi also made d most key passes with 23 at d world cup,the highest,next person were Ozil,Robben,Sanchez etc with 17.I guess dose came frm crosses 2.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Dhulqarnain(m): 5:26am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Yes, I would have questioned it. Messi was no where the best individual player at the World Cup. He was not even the best player in his team. Mascherano was.
Mascherano indeed!
So who was the best individual player at the world cup?
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by tuffgongjo(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: What do you mean by shots? So that should be the criteria for selecting the golden ball? Do you know that some of the so called created chances by Messi are corner kicks?

Leave these jokes. It was clear corruption.
that is what I was about typing,more than half of his created chances came from dead balls$I think muller scored$assisted against brazil in d semis.

1 Like

Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by timbros(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
I can't help but laugh at most comments here.

I've had enough of this argument.

@thegoodjoehunt: You have plenty spare time o.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by tuffgongjo(m): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
And this same Messi ain't in d WC First 11?fifa is a joke.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Baddestguyp(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
tuffgongjo: And this same Messi ain't in d WC First 11?fifa is a joke.
u make me laugh. messi is on d list check again
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
If some peeps are not satisfy wit d statistics of how messi deserve the golden ball award, dey shud go & die.
Re: Houllier Defends Messi's Golden Ball Win by tuffgongjo(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: u make me laugh. messi is on d list check again
go to google type "Brazil 2014" then scroll to Statistics then click on it,after that come back$tell me what's up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Faces Of Olympic Diving (caption Needed) / 14 Big Footballers Who Grew Up Very Poor / My Two Hundred And Twenty Thousand Naira Bet Looks Safe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.