Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster (29899 Views)

Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep / 4 Natural Ways To Fall Asleep Faster / 15 Spectacular Tricks For Your Body ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by iduzebaba(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
watch patience jona shout dia is god oo; dia is god ooo; ehn ehn ehn; laff it out loud and fall asleep
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Valfrankie(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
No. 14, if you are a Catholic, grab your rosary and try saying it. I guarantee you sleep within the 2nd decade or
15. Read the Bible...

*Rosary and the bible, inducing Christians to sleep since 1813* it is tasted n trusted, no side effect! Come try it at....
http://www.valfrankie..in/?m=1

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Calebosko: easy way, practice selfservice,team vaseline, or you do as if u wan read bible d sleep go come asap

The devil is a liar...

3 Likes

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Henrypraise: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by JEITO: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Gush! I so need to try this. If there's someone that struggle with sleep on this thread, sadly to say,it has to be me.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by iceberylin(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Reading Works perfectly for me.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by PrincessB1(f): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2014
No 10 is cul or better still press your phone till you zoom off
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2014
I feel like sleeping again!
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: As long as I had a long hectic day, all I need to do is fall on a bed, Omo sai gobe.
Welcome to.....
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by ITbomb(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2014
The best way to fall asleep faster is to think of standing up to do something important or pick something or switch off or on the light in case NEPA comes.

Before you know it sleep don come
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by ChiFirstLady(f): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2014
grin
LMAyedun: 14. Take weed and down it with 2 bottles of Alomo..
and you'll be like the most high

2 Likes

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Infoay: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2014
The relaxation of your mind is directly proportional to the soundness/level of your sleep; all other factors remaining constant.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2014
;DTry reading d bible, U will sleep while standin
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by martolux(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2014
all those points are long thing jare....just dust your bible and read n I bet you'd thank me the next morning.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jeffryjeffry: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Issssshh .....you can neva cheat nature before "sleep go kari yhu off b4 you know ;DIssssshh .....you can neva cheat nature before "sleep go kari yhu off b4 you know
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by QueenAzibar(f): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2014
also avoid stimulants in form of caffeinated drinks like coffee and soda. warm milk helps like magic
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Superstar007(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Watch 9pm news on NTA.
Works like magic grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by adioolayi(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2014
All good sha....but to the married ones, good shower, cuddling and handling with deep intercourse does the magic........Sleep!
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Abiagirl777(f): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2014
T
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Emperortj93(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2014
Read a bible or any biology textbooks. It works wonder for me.
I recommend this to anyone dat is suffering from insomnia and i promise u dat u will sleep like a child before 15min
thank me later
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Abiagirl777(f): 9:03am On Jul 19, 2014
The issue of insomnia once came up in our discussion in de office,one guy just
'READ A BIBLE dats wot i do.'sadly,it was discovered to work especially for xtains.most tyms we find ourselves dozin off as soon u lift a bible to study
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jujunaty(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2014
iamtewwy: mstcheeeeeewww!! nonsense, simple tricks below

1, take ur bath,
2, eat enurf prefferable fufu, eba
3, self service

datz all try this and see weather you wud not dozzz offf
lol... LWKMD this guy u no follow... grin
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by ayobase(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2014
if sleep catch u....u go sleep.
stand up and do something when sleep aint coming.

unless when sufferig from insomnia, them medical attention is essential.

exceptional cases though.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2014
fijiano202: No. 10 always do the trick for me,its like a charm....

Its either u didnt grow up in nigeria or just sweet talking...none of this works jare.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jujunaty(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2014
Sleep must catch you after mumsy beat you wella. You go cry, before you know am.. na sleep you dey. This worked when i was a child. Oya SEKEM SEKEM SEKEM.... grin
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by philtrum(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2014
No 10 works wonders...since 1822
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by fijiano202(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Its either u didnt grow up in nigeria or just sweet talking...none of this works jare.
guy what works for taiwo may not work for kehinde..na me know how i dey take sleep for night,whether truth or lie u are in no position to question that.imagination of me in a better place makes me sleep at night
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by philtrum(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Bigsteveg:

No10 is special....its an international trick....multigeographical too
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Waspy(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2014
Oh lawd have this mercy....In Burna's voice undecided
Calebosko: easy way, practice selfservice,team vaseline, or you do as if u wan read bible d sleep go come asap
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jaylorde(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2014
juventino:
Flickr | ArneCoomans

Research shows that being continually sleep-deprived makes you dumb, irritable, distracted, unhappy, and fat — among other terrible things.

But knowing that sleep is necessary, and the science behind why, just makes the feeling of lying awake at 3 a.m. worse.

To help the night owls among us get some rest, we gathered the best practices from sleep science. The experts call it "sleep hygiene." Here's a crash course.

1. Get into a bedroom routine.

Do the same relaxing things before bed every night — the ritual clues your mind and body that it's time to get to bed. Go-to exercises include hot baths and deep reads, which Bill Gates, Arianna Huffington, and other high-achievers swear by.

2. Arrange your bedroom for maximal sleepability.

Sleep to Live Institute director Robert Oexman tells Business Insider that you should keep your room cool (between 65° and 68°F) and dark. Get some blackout curtains if outside lights are an issue.

3. Don't use your phone as an alarm clock.

Lots of us rely on our iPhones to wake us up in the morning. The only problem is that if you can't sleep, you'll get the itch to fuss with your phone, which is loaded with app-based stimulants.

Don't let that happen to you.

"Your bedroom should be reserved for sleep, sex, and nothing else," Oxeman says. "There's no excuse — if your cellphone is your alarm clock, then buy a $5 alarm clock and solve the problem."

4. Practice deep breathing.

Putting a little intention into breathing deeply is a way of signaling to your body that it's safe to relax.

Family therapist Vikki Stark walks through the technique on Psychology Today:

"On the inhale, visualize the clean, fresh air coming into your lungs, traveling around your body and cleansing all your cells. On the exhale, imagine all the toxins and negativity being safely expelled into the atmosphere, leaving your body restored. Focus on this steady, calm inhale-exhale, and I guarantee that you will start to feel more peaceful and relaxed. But it's not going to happen the first time you try it. It's an exercise so you need to practice it to get the best effect. Keep going till you feel your body let go."

5. Relax the muscles in your toes.

To release the workday stresses that have made a home in your muscles and tendons, use "progressive muscle relaxation" when you're lying in bed.

It's pretty simple: You tense — then release — a muscle group, and then move on to another one.

Catherine Darley, director of the Institute of Naturopathic Sleep Medicine in Seattle, advises focusing this progressive relaxation technique on your toes.

"Curl your toes tightly for a count of seven, and then relax," she says in Health.com. "Repeat through each muscle group, working up from your toes to your neck."

6. Occupy your mind with a mental exercise.

Counting sheep is so last night. The better option: Sleep expert Dr. Vicky Seelall says to try counting backwards from 100 in multiples of three.

The rhythm of counting can lull you into a sleepy state, and counting in multiples of three has a bit of a challenge to it, so that you'll actually have to pay attention.

7. Get out of bed.

Harneet Walia, a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic's Sleep Disorders Center, says if you can't fall asleep after 30 minutes of lying in bed, you should get up.

"You're basically training your body not to sleep in bed, but to lie there and not sleep," Walia tells US News. "And your mind can get conditioned to that."

So avoid a screen and do something calm, such as reading a book, listening to music, or even doing the dishes.

8. Get your worries out of your head.

If your mind keeps babbling about what might happen tomorrow, next week, or next year, get it out.

Walia suggests you try "jotting down all your worries on a piece of paper so it's out of your head," which sounds like good advice, given that "expressive writing" has been found to be an awesome approach to soothing anxiety.

9. Get your alarm clock away from you.

One of the worst parts of sleeplessness is the mounting awareness that you're not getting enough sleep.

To avoid that, exile your clock. "No clock watching," Walia says, "That's a big no-no. Turn the clock around."

10. Try visualizing a beautiful experience.

If you keep ruminating over something that happened today, occupy your mind elsewhere.

Here's a suggestion, care of Cosmo:

"Picture yourself in a place that's unrelated to whatever's dominating your thoughts, and focus on the specifics of the scenario ... For example, relive a favorite vacation, such as that trip to Mexico, and call to mind sensory details such as the feel of the water on your skin, the colors of the fish you saw while snorkeling, and the taste of the margaritas you sipped at sunset."

The vividness has a helpful side effect: It distracts you from what you'd be thinking of otherwise.

11. Get enough exercise during the day.

Your body isn't going to feel the need to rest if you haven't given it any work during the day.

"If you're sedentary all day, your sleep will suck," Lifehacker reports. "The more active you are, the better your sleep will be."

12. Get a better pillow.

Pillow research (it's a thing) has shown that a medium-firm pillow brings the best improvement to people's sleep. Why? Because a pillow should support your head and neck.

Also, Oprah magazine says to pick up a non-allergenic pillow if you think you might be allergic to down. Then get a dust mite protector to keep those mites from messing with you.

13. See a doctor.

If sleeplessness is a chronic problem, the experts all recommend talking to a professional.

Vivian Giang contributed research to this article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tricks-to-fall-asleep-faster-2014-7#ixzz37qIGZOYw

ain't got no tym 4 ds,m already asleep before I finish reading ds
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jericco1(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2014
I think taking volume 5 will supercede all these points join together.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2014
iamtewwy: mstcheeeeeewww!! nonsense, simple tricks below

1, take ur bath,
2, eat enurf prefferable fufu, eba
3, self service

datz all try this and see weather you wud not dozzz offf
smiley

Don't try number 2. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adanwimo Okafor Named General Counsel Of American Board Of Surgery / Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State / Woman Who Thought She Had Kidney Stone, Gives Birth To Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.