Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster (29904 Views)

Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep / 4 Natural Ways To Fall Asleep Faster / 15 Spectacular Tricks For Your Body ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
All dis one na long talk, if u wan really sleep just drink akamu and beans and sleepless nyt go be a tin of the past.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by bjtinz: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Eating just before bedtime is a common cause of insomnia

J3nnyluv: All dis one na long talk, if u wan really sleep just drink akamu and beans and sleepless nyt go be a tin of the past.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by yemmyD(f): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Count 1 2 3 to 10 million undecided
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Suarezilla(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't need to trick myslf to sleep..its a natural thing and will always take it's course no matter how heavy a man's heart seems.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by GoodcasHMan: 9:57am On Jul 19, 2014
Good idea, sleep is natural and it must be treated naturally.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Stanleysteno(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2014
iamtewwy: mstcheeeeeewww!! nonsense, simple tricks below

1, take ur bath,
2, eat enurf prefferable fufu, eba
3, self service

datz all try this and see weather you wud not dozzz offf
i dey ur back; who get time for all this one

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by juventino: 10:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Whaoooooo! I made front page for the very first time!

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by myspnigeria: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2014
will try them out tonight. need to start sleeping more early
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by aadoiza: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2014
That easy?
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by shegsrules(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2014
Pick up any book to read, I bet u within 2 mins u off with d book on ur face.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by biomedixexcel(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
Don't need all these to sleep
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by saheed62(m): 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by efemena22(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
How can I get my worries outta my head?

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
The Lord giveth his children sleep. Pray 4 sound sleep and u'll get it
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by sosiqdude(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
This is a fuc.king lie....this he just said is not the tips
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
Try watchin channel 118--"Telemundo"

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Bigsteveg(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
fijiano202: guy what works for taiwo may not work for kehinde..na me know how i dey take sleep for night,whether truth or lie u are in no position to question that.imagination of me in a better place makes me sleep at night

Keep imagining
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by fijiano202(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Keep imagining
kindly go and die
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Bigsteveg(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
fijiano202: kindly go and die

After U.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by mekuzee1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2014

1, take ur bath,
3, self service

try calling airtel call center,,I swear u go sleep taya
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by securi: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
fijiano202: No. 10 always do the trick for me,its like a charm....

And l can imagine what u thnk about
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Iceman296: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
14- Meditate.

Thank you.
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by jayyem(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
grin

1, take ur bath,
3, self service

Take enuff shayo grin grin
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by princebergz(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
I just listen to Enya "Only time ". it's goodnight
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by sosiqdude(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Is this true
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Soknown: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
I do practice # 4 on the list - Deep breathing. It is effective for me.
This how I do it.-- I sit down on my bed with a soft pillow on my back against the wall and another one on my lap to rest my arms.
I will take few shallow breaths. Then I will take a very deep breathe and hold for like 30 seconds ( I do this by counting down) after which I release the breathe slowly and that is a complete cycle of deep breathe exercise. I don't do more than 4 cycles before the effects start to kick in and I tell you this, I will sleep like a baby afterwards.
Flickr | ArneCoomans

Research shows that being continually sleep-deprived makes you dumb, irritable, distracted, unhappy, and fat — among other terrible things.

But knowing that sleep is necessary, and the science behind why, just makes the feeling of lying awake at 3 a.m. worse.

To help the night owls among us get some rest, we gathered the best practices from sleep science. The experts call it "sleep hygiene." Here's a crash course.

1. Get into a bedroom routine.

Do the same relaxing things before bed every night — the ritual clues your mind and body that it's time to get to bed. Go-to exercises include hot baths and deep reads, which Bill Gates, Arianna Huffington, and other high-achievers swear by.

2. Arrange your bedroom for maximal sleepability.

Sleep to Live Institute director Robert Oexman tells Business Insider that you should keep your room cool (between 65° and 68°F) and dark. Get some blackout curtains if outside lights are an issue.

3. Don't use your phone as an alarm clock.

Lots of us rely on our iPhones to wake us up in the morning. The only problem is that if you can't sleep, you'll get the itch to fuss with your phone, which is loaded with app-based stimulants.

Don't let that happen to you.

"Your bedroom should be reserved for sleep, sex, and nothing else," Oxeman says. "There's no excuse — if your cellphone is your alarm clock, then buy a $5 alarm clock and solve the problem."

4. Practice deep breathing.

Putting a little intention into breathing deeply is a way of signaling to your body that it's safe to relax.

Family therapist Vikki Stark walks through the technique on Psychology Today:

"On the inhale, visualize the clean, fresh air coming into your lungs, traveling around your body and cleansing all your cells. On the exhale, imagine all the toxins and negativity being safely expelled into the atmosphere, leaving your body restored. Focus on this steady, calm inhale-exhale, and I guarantee that you will start to feel more peaceful and relaxed. But it's not going to happen the first time you try it. It's an exercise so you need to practice it to get the best effect. Keep going till you feel your body let go."

5. Relax the muscles in your toes.

To release the workday stresses that have made a home in your muscles and tendons, use "progressive muscle relaxation" when you're lying in bed.

It's pretty simple: You tense — then release — a muscle group, and then move on to another one.

Catherine Darley, director of the Institute of Naturopathic Sleep Medicine in Seattle, advises focusing this progressive relaxation technique on your toes.

"Curl your toes tightly for a count of seven, and then relax," she says in Health.com. "Repeat through each muscle group, working up from your toes to your neck."

6. Occupy your mind with a mental exercise.

Counting sheep is so last night. The better option: Sleep expert Dr. Vicky Seelall says to try counting backwards from 100 in multiples of three.

The rhythm of counting can lull you into a sleepy state, and counting in multiples of three has a bit of a challenge to it, so that you'll actually have to pay attention.

7. Get out of bed.

Harneet Walia, a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic's Sleep Disorders Center, says if you can't fall asleep after 30 minutes of lying in bed, you should get up.

"You're basically training your body not to sleep in bed, but to lie there and not sleep," Walia tells US News. "And your mind can get conditioned to that."

So avoid a screen and do something calm, such as reading a book, listening to music, or even doing the dishes.

8. Get your worries out of your head.

If your mind keeps babbling about what might happen tomorrow, next week, or next year, get it out.

Walia suggests you try "jotting down all your worries on a piece of paper so it's out of your head," which sounds like good advice, given that "expressive writing" has been found to be an awesome approach to soothing anxiety.

9. Get your alarm clock away from you.

One of the worst parts of sleeplessness is the mounting awareness that you're not getting enough sleep.

To avoid that, exile your clock. "No clock watching," Walia says, "That's a big no-no. Turn the clock around."

10. Try visualizing a beautiful experience.

If you keep ruminating over something that happened today, occupy your mind elsewhere.

Here's a suggestion, care of Cosmo:

"Picture yourself in a place that's unrelated to whatever's dominating your thoughts, and focus on the specifics of the scenario ... For example, relive a favorite vacation, such as that trip to Mexico, and call to mind sensory details such as the feel of the water on your skin, the colors of the fish you saw while snorkeling, and the taste of the margaritas you sipped at sunset."

The vividness has a helpful side effect: It distracts you from what you'd be thinking of otherwise.

11. Get enough exercise during the day.

Your body isn't going to feel the need to rest if you haven't given it any work during the day.

"If you're sedentary all day, your sleep will suck," Lifehacker reports. "The more active you are, the better your sleep will be."

12. Get a better pillow.

Pillow research (it's a thing) has shown that a medium-firm pillow brings the best improvement to people's sleep. Why? Because a pillow should support your head and neck.

Also, Oprah magazine says to pick up a non-allergenic pillow if you think you might be allergic to down. Then get a dust mite protector to keep those mites from messing with you.

13. See a doctor.

If sleeplessness is a chronic problem, the experts all recommend talking to a professional.

Vivian Giang contributed research to this article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tricks-to-fall-asleep-faster-2014-7#ixzz37qIGZOYw

[/quote]
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by ifebuk(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jst find alomo like two bottle but make sure u dnt go far to ur bed bcus u don cause trouble for sleep grin grin grin
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Lorechino(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
kenbee: fantasize of sleeping with Beyounce
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by OPAUGBEE(m): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
Are D's tricks?
Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by Megaflex(m): 5:42am On Jul 20, 2014
tsolz84: Try watchin channel 118--"Telemundo"
"and feel d passion"

1 Like

Re: 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster by davidif: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2014
obayaya: just read a thermodynamics textbook..

you'll be asleep within 10 minutes grin

hahahaha grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown / List Of Banned Pesticides In Nigeria / Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.