Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Brief History Of Nairaland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brief History Of Nairaland (1466 Views)

History Of Some Top Nigerian Universities / History Of Cultism/confraternities In Nigeria / Brief History Of Children’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brief History Of Nairaland by thankyouJesus(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nairaland is an online community created by Seun Osewa in March 2005. It is targeted at Nigerians.
[1] Nairaland currently has over
1,229,600 registered accounts (April 2014).
[2] Is ranked as the 7th most visited site in Nigeria (and the
most visited indigenous site) according to Alexa.com.
[3] Nigeria reportedly has over 55 million Internet users, corresponding to 32.9% of the entire population. With
Nairaland having a considerable but unconfirmed number of users based in diaspora, this statistic suggests that a maximum 3% of Nigerian Internet users are registered on Nairaland compared to Facebook's 11 million Nigerian users which corresponds to approximately 20% of the Internet population.
[4] Nairaland, however, does have a considerable number of
unregistered users, as registration is only necessary for posting. Figures published by Nairaland in June 2013 suggest that they had 6,845,453 unique visitors from 16,668,654 visits and 60,031,356 pageviews in the 30 days of that month.
[5] Nairaland went offline on 22 June 2014. It was hacked and for three days it was offline; on 25 June 2014 it recovered from the attack, but lost some data in the process making it main page dated back to 10 January
[b]source[/b]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nairaland
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by lollystiver(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
owner of nairaland must hv been working hard,even dor some haterz never want his sucess bt GOD is his back up[center][/center]unto number 5 matter dat hacker must be a grate hacker bt all the same kudos to you oga seun#grate work frm an ODUDUWA#if u hate on dis post oga

Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by Boyano: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
I never knew hw important NL is to me till that period it went off. More kudos to oga Seun and his wonderful team for giving us NL and ensuring its continuity
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by barackodam: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
No 6 check my signature!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by barackodam: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
Then fit hide my post or ban me like that.

angry angry
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by barackodam: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
Abeg which section b ds in case dem ban me so e no go pain me
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by barackodam: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
barackodam: No 6 check my signature!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by Adrenaline123(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Brief History Of Nairaland by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:19am On Jul 20, 2014
When NL went offline, the internet was unsually boring...
Plus the e-fights btw pdp n apc warriors, not to forget thr glorious and hilarious yoruba vs igbo battles.
NL is fun jare

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder / Free Tuition Universities In Germany: Cost Of Living, Visa Application And Admis / Taraba State Univesity's Strike Called Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.