Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute (620 Views)

The Touching Story Of A Nairalander: Please Don't Ignore. / Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B / A Touching Story Of True Love And Genuine Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute by Bigsteveg(m): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
2nd Lieutenant Leo of the Nigerian Army was one of the three gallant soldiers killed in operation as Insurgents ambushed Nigerian troops during a patrol to dislodge insurgents around Delwa, Borno State. (Read story here). He was due to get married August 30th. Above is a copy of his wedding invitation. He was buried on Thursday July 17th. Continue...
Found this on the Nigerian military website
Lt. Kyom Leo's emotional story told on various social media channels, continues to draw myriads of sympathies, tributes and encomiums from Friends and Family and other well meaning people all over the Country; One Miss Nkechi Afamu, a Friend to the Late Soldier wrote“RIP LEO, My Childhood friend. We all parted ways after kaduna crisis in 2000. I can’t believe you are gone, what happens to Tida and Wyari your lovely sisters. I can’t question God but its hard to say Goodbye. REST ON KY. we will all miss you.”
Another Commenter on a Leading Blog also posted this“Chei!! I actually saw this guy (Lt. Kyom Leo) last year in picture on General Onwuamaegbu’s FB wall. The General was visiting Sandhurst Military Academy and this guy (Lt. Kyom Leo) was one of the Cadets training there. The General even remarked that this guy would one day make a fine officer. What a waste!”
“RIP Gentleman Officer! RIP Lieutenant S Kyom Leo of 58 Regular Course! You died as a Hero! Doing what we have signed for! To serve whenever the clarion calls and whatever the price or odds!”
The Story of Lt. Kyom Leo, a deeply Religious and Courageous Soldier whose steadfast belief in the Country for which he paid the Ultimate price will continue to inspire the Nigerian Military to protect our Territorial Integrity and rid Nigeria of all forms of Insurgency and Aggression. He was buried on the 17th of July 2014.

Re: Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute by majamajic(m): 12:16am On Jul 20, 2014
Rip , a hero .
Re: Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute by Turbocharged: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2014
His family should take heart.
Re: Touching Story Of Lt. Kyom Leo: Nigerians Pay Tribute by b3llo(m): 12:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Rest on Soldier.

This world is not my home
I'm just a-passing through
My treasures are laid up
Somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.
Oh Lord, you know
I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home
Then Lord what will I do.
The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.
I have a loving mother
Just up in Gloryland
And I don't expect to stop
Until I shake her hand.
She's waiting now for me
In heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.
Oh Lord, you know
If heaven's not my home
The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.
Just over in Gloryland
We'll live eternally
The saints on every hand
Are shouting victory.
Their songs of sweetest praise
Drift back from heaven's shore
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.
Oh Lord, you know
If heaven's not my home
The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Rejected Or Denied? / Find A Friend / Fire Roasts Family Of Seven Beyond Recognition In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.