Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,744 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:41 AM

Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences (17874 Views)

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2014
Api sunday you all, I have always noticed a usual trend, people sleeping during church services. Please have anyone been caught before, share your experiences.

What's the cause? Is it true that devil usually knocks people in church? How can one stop it? Have you been caught or are you Don in sleeping in church?

Please share ur experiences..

I would share mine now..
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2014
In my church the ushers are James Bond incarnate, one could barely sleep in that church, so one saturday which I did all night gaming. My eyes could barely stay open that morning and popsy would rather hang me than allow me stay at home on sunday morning. I put on shades and went to church, I was seeing double so I code for one chair. During prayers I was busy nodding my head, people thought I was praying but I was busy nodding joyfully in sleep land.

how dem take catch me bad o, my bible been dey slide down gently and so was my head, the next thing I knew my bible don crash, I jerked and almost fell of the chair, some pple been dey laf me for choir stand but I no send, I just got up slowly and went outside till church close. E no easy at all o

42 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Jennydoris(f): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2014
It's really a bad thing to sleep in the church. I have seen so many people doing that and I have caught myself doing that grin too. Even today I wanted to do same but then I suddenly remember that am in the church. It's either that I was stressed out on Saturday, or I didn't go to bed early or maybe the sermon is either too long or not lively. These are the few things that makes me wanna sleep in the church. I believe other people will have their own reasons. And I know also that so many people do sleep in the church but it will be very hard for them to admit it.

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2014
My second sleeping experience was in one baptist church which I was invited too, the ministration was very boring coupled with the knock wey devil give me. I began to nid slowly, before I could say Jack robinson, I don fall for ground but I was quick enough, I support my fall with my hands and turn my head like I was speaking in tongues, then I screamed 'ride on pastor' and sat down back, for their mind I dey In the spirit Shey.

15 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Danhumprey: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2014
Mehn! I hate sleepy in church,honestly. To me,it's just not polite. It's just ridiculous. I don't like it when I'm being tapped by the usher or someone sitting by my side. Or when the pastor caught me sleeping and ask me to stand up.

A more recent incidence of sleeping in church was last Sunday service. Early in the morning of that day(around 3am - 5am),I was awake,surfing the net. After then,I went back to sleep and by 6:30am,I was up. I had wanted to wake up by 6:00am and start preparing for service o,but I woke up late. Started preparing for service. And by 7am,I was on my way to church. I got to church before 8am. Service usually start by 8am. I was lively as the service was going on. But when it was time for the pastor's sermon,sleep came. It wasn't that the pastor's message was boring per se(infact,it was shorter than normal),but sleep won't let me be. To make matter worst,the weather was cool and I sat near one of the side doors,and the cool breeze was blowing past me. Gradually,I began to feel sleepy. Twice,I slept off only to wake up when a strange feeling that the chair I was sitting on wanted to break,surge through me.

Na so I wake up each time and pretend like I wasn't sleeping.gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2014
Jennydoris: It's really a bad thing to sleep in the church. I have seen so many people doing that and I have caught myself doing that grin too. Even today I wanted to do same but then I suddenly remember that am in the church. It's either that I was stressed out on Saturday, or I didn't go to bed early or maybe the sermon is either too long or not lively. These are the few things that makes me wanna sleep in the church. I believe other people will have their own reasons. And I know also that so many people do sleep in the church but it will be very hard for them to admit it.
true talk ma'am, sleeping in church aint good but body no be fire wood. Saturday stress does not helps either
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Danhumprey: Mehn! I hate sleepy in church,honestly. To me,it's just not polite. It's just ridiculous. I don't like it when I'm being tapped by the usher or someone sitting by my side. Or when the pastor caught me sleeping and ask me to stand up.

A more recent incidence of sleeping in church was last Sunday service. Early in the morning of that day(around 3am - 5am),I was awake,surfing the net. After then,I went back to sleep and by 6:30am,I was up. I had wanted to wake up by 6:00am and start preparing for service o,but I woke up late. Started preparing for service. And by 7am,I was on my way to church. I got to church before 8am. Service usually start by 8am. I was lively as the service was going on. But when it was time for the pastor's sermon,sleep came. It wasn't that the pastor's message was boring per se(infact,it was shorter than normal),but sleep won't let me be. To make matter worst,the weather was cool and I sat near one of the side doors,and the cool breeze was blowing past me. Gradually,I began to feel sleepy. Twice,I slept off only to wake up when a strange feeling that the chair I was sitting on wanted to break,surge through me.

Na so I wake up each time and pretend like I wasn't sleeping.gringringrin
LMAO grin grin chio this is funny. And I noticed its always during sermorn or prayers pple sabi sleep too much.

That means devil too sabi knock person na

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2014
Anyway I think its the events of the previous day that enhances sleepiness in church

Mods pls FP
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Danhumprey: 9:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: LMAO grin grin chio this is funny. And I noticed its always during sermorn or prayers pple sabi sleep too much.

That means devil too sabi knock person na
Lol.gringringrin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by jnrbayano(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Those time I slept in the church here are the immediate and remote causes:

1. Immediate cause: Played game or watched film/football into my sleeping time the night before Sunday
Remote cause: Myself

2. Immediate cause: Found the church proceedings boring that time

3. Immediate cause: Hunger (sleeping in order to try suppress hunger in the period I am in the church)

Now I don't sleep in the church anymore, why?

1. I realised that why I slept in the church in the time past was strictly my fault

2. Since I see it as strictly my fault, I can surmount it by proper analysis of the situation.

3. Began resting well in the night before Sunday to escape being tired during Mass

4. Realised that I can't go for an exam, interview or infront of a mortal dignitary and be caught napping. Why will I appear before my creator and sleep?

5. I learnt to put mind over body. Now, hunger where is thy sting?

6. Most importantly, if you decide not to sleep in the church and act naturally in a way aversed to it, God rubberstamps it. Devil will realise you mean business and flees.

Happy Sunday smiley

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2014
my brothers and sisters,it happened last year sad ,my mum had gone for one of her business trip and I was left alone at home..I took the liberty and watched all the night movies that were shown on Tv and when it was morning,I couldn't stand up..I had already concluded I wouldn't go to church but when I remembered sister Monica,I got up and prepared...

When I got to church,I sat at the second to the last pew on the right hand side from the entrance and then it was time for offering sign of peace and singing'lamb of God',after which you're to kneel down and say the prayer before holy communion,na from that kneeling down sleep start o till church close...The embarrasing part be say na when other people sit down naim I dey stand and nobody even wake me till church close naim the mama wey sitdown near me tap me say 'ngwa,Ada go home and sleep'

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2014
jnrbayano: Those time I slept in the church here are the immediate and remote causes:

1. Immediate cause: Played game or watched film/football into my sleeping time the night before Sunday

2. Immediate cause: Found the church proceedings boring that time

3. Immediate cause: Hunger (sleeping in order to try suppress hunger in the period I am in the church)

Now I don't sleep in the church anymore, why?

1. I realised that why I slept in the church in the time past was strictly my fault

2. Since I see it as strictly my fault, I can surmount it by proper analysis of the situation.

3. Began resting well in the night before Sunday to escape being tired during Mass

4. Realised that I can't go for an exam, interview or infront of a mortal dignitary and be caught napping. Why will I appear before my creator and sleep?

5. I learnt to put mind over body. Now, hunger where is thy sting?

6. Most importantly, if you decide not to sleep in the church and act naturally in a way aversed to it, God rubberstamps it. Devil will realise you mean business and flees.

Happy Sunday smiley
wow, this is just perfect, I like the solutions given

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2014
Odilafta: my brothers and sisters,it happened last year sad ,my mum had gone for one of her business trip and I was left alone at home..I took the liberty and watched all the night movies that were shown on Tv and when it was morning,I couldn't stand up..I had already concluded I wouldn't go to church but when I remembered sister Monica,I got up and prepared...

When I got to church,I sat at the second to the last pew on the right hand side from the entrance and then it was time for offering sign of peace and singing'lamb of God',after which you're to kneel down and say the prayer before holy communion,na from that kneeling down sleep start o till church close...The embarrasing part be say na when other people sit down naim I dey stand and nobody even wake me till church close naim the mama wey sitdown near me tap me say 'ngwa,Ada go home and sleep'
hehehehehehe OMG this is just funnygrin reminds me of a friend of mine. He is also a pastor son. Lemme share
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Danhumprey: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Odilafta: my brothers and sisters,it happened last year sad ,my mum had gone for one of her business trip and I was left alone at home..I took the liberty and watched all the night movies that were shown on Tv and when it was morning,I couldn't stand up..I had already concluded I wouldn't go to church but when I remembered sister Monica,I got up and prepared...

Lol.gringringrin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
This friend of mine was in my house, he got a new PSP from london so he came to flaunt his games for me. We played till around 10pm before he went home. The way the guy eyes red the next morning eh I knew he had been awake all night playing games.

He is in the choir so he sat on the drum set till communion time, na so gbege happen, the guy walked out to the altar, knelt down and took his communion, then in the process of praying before going to his seat, the guy no stand up again, I initailly thought he was praying long prayer, not knowing say my guy don sleep go far. Everybody finished communion and went to thEir seats, then we noticed him, my guy was still praying. Everyone were laughing hard as pastor touched him. He jumped up like say Bee sting am, when he noticed what happened, shame nearly kill am. He bent his head and walked out of the church, since that day the guy no ever shake head for church again

19 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2014
Odilafta, who is sister monica sef?
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: Odilafta, who is sister monica sef?

My mama friend for church,na she go tell my mama say she no see me for church

6 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Danhumprey: Lol.gringringrin

sad sad

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by AbuMikey(m): 11:11am On Jul 20, 2014
hmmm......

Just once sha, what happened was that I took 3 capsules of Tramaldol on Saturday morning.

Boy, I was like Vegetable all through Saturday and like someone with sleeping sickness all through Sunday grin

I sleep for church sotey peeps com dey ask if I dey sick embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2014
AbuMikey: hmmm......

Just once sha, what happened was that I took 3 capsules of Tramaldol on Saturday morning.

Boy, I was like Vegetable all through Saturday and like someone with sleeping sickness all through Sunday grin

I sleep for church sotey peeps com dey ask if I dey sick embarassed
smiley
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by AbuMikey(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2014
nnekamezor: smiley
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
AbuMikey:
i see...so wat was d drug forAs in illness

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Danhumprey: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
Odilafta:

sad sad
tonguetongue
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by bercarray(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
na dat tym wey dem chnge pastr 4 our chrch,as i gt 2 chrch i sit 4 frnt xo d pstr go recgnis me & tnk say i b 1 kind religious guy wey gt passion to hear d wrd of God,small tym dy slp com cum i bn dey doze off small small na im d pstr notis me,wen d prayr tym con com na im d pstr say,"ds prayer is 4 guys,hep me to say dz praya,may u not fall into ladies trap IJN!!!,oya wake ur neighbour up and turn it to praya"na dt tym d babe bsyd me,tap me and say"bros wake up abeg na pastr's order o,it's tym 4 fysical praya enuf of d spritual drm"as i stnd up,i dey pray sluggsh,na xo d pastr sht"pray wit all ur strent,pray wit ur bodies,tap ur feet,shake ur head",na dt tym i con begin shake head,as d praya finish,1 time i don chnge seat go bck,tnkn 2 masf,wu send me com front sf,wen anoda guy com c me,i say i don shake head pray so i con get headache,so i wan rest,na dt one i take slp o 4 choir rum

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by DickDastardly(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
coolest place for undisturbed sweet nap!

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by rellawyt(f): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
I see people sleep in the church buh i have never slept in the church!
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Blackchampion(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
I dnt slp in d church. Some peeps do n even snore n drool. Hmmmm! <squeezes face>
And i wil be like WTF!
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by nikkypearl(f): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
embarassed embarassedHmm,today sleep gt as e be,I just dey sleep like person wey get belle !

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Csami(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
last two weeks sunday, i slept as soon as the pastor started preaching. O boy! the man preached for 2hrs straight. I usually wake up at an interval of 25mins just to check if the man has finish quarreling with the congregation but for where! My mom was at one end eying and point her finger towards me but that one never troubled me. Normally when i sleep in church for 30mins, when i wake up i hear them saying Grace but that day's own was different. The man shouting "i'm busy talking and some here are just sleep like they want me to wish them a safe trip to heaven." O boy! some people woke up including ma uncle but for me, na dere the sleep begin sweet.

20 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by qplus(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Can u sleep in church during an MFM service ?

6 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by bloglover(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Most times I find myself sleeping during sermon and immediately after sermon, am wide awake as if I never slept.... am I possessed?

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by whisper88(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.